You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO ALL,
I haven't been on in about 3 1/2 years, Some of you may know my mom (maray). Some of you, I may have thanked for continued support of my son Ryan during his troubled start into this world, Alot of your prayers and thoughtful wishes paid off. He is now 3 1/2 yrs old with no health issues.
My reason for posting is to tell all you ebayers, you gotta hear this.

http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net/lj/song_for_you.htm

if it doesnt work by clicking on it, cut and paste it is worth it.

OMG!! That is too funny! Who ever wrote that must really know about eBay ... sniping and high bidder and A++.

Maggie

Thanks for bringing some laughter my way! That song was a riot!...................P:p

well- just gotta check in for the day... out of my 22 auctions, I have bids on 4 of them..doesnt sound like much does it?? Well- then I scroll down to the bottom of the "my ebay selling" page, and what does it tell me?

85.35 yes- thats right you folks that have been waiting to start selling- get on it...

8 of my auctions have 3 days left.
9 of them have 4 days left...
and 5 have 5 days left

Which means- the 85.35 is the LEAST I will make..(of course, I currently owe about $11.00 to ebay...but..since many of them have seen many hits according to my anadale counter, I'm anticipating a last minute bid out of a few....and 1 that is currently quite low compared to a similar item recently completed, expect to jump up quite a bit higher..

Basically- those of you waiting, what I'm trying to tell you is GO LIST!!! You can't believe what people buy!

Brandy

She said not to worry about it and thanked me for being honest.

I don't think it's a matter of being honest, if you forget to put insurance on an item and not returning the money. You are now self insuring. If the item broke or was lost, instead of the post office replacing it..you are stuck doing it. Lots of people on eBay never pay the post office for insurance..they keep and pool the money themselves and replace/refund the item if needed. After having that responsibility, why would you owe them a refund? Unless you didn't plan on replacing the item once you found out (not you, you, but you collectively)..to me that would be the only dishonest thing.

Doris

Has anyone had any problems shipping to an address different from the buyers? I have a question from a bidder asking if I'll ship to a different address because the item will be a gift. I can't imagine it would be a big deal as long as I have delivery confirmation but if anyone else knows otherwise, let me know.

Thanks,

Martha

Originally posted by bafmrf
Has anyone had any problems shipping to an address different from the buyers? I have a question from a bidder asking if I'll ship to a different address because the item will be a gift. I can't imagine it would be a big deal as long as I have delivery confirmation but if anyone else knows otherwise, let me know.

Thanks,

Martha
----------------------------------------

I did it several times during the Christmas season.. No problems whatsoever..

I can't imagine it would be a big deal as long as I have delivery confirmation but if anyone else knows otherwise, let me know.

I do it all the time...however, you would not be covered by paypal, since you would be sending to what Paypal considers an unconfirmed address. If they decided to do a chargeback, your DC won't provide the proof PP needs.
If it's something expensive, then I do send to only a confirmed addy..but under $20 or so, I'll send it where ever they want it sent.

Originally posted by DMRick
If it's something expensive, then I do send to only a confirmed addy..but under $20 or so, I'll send it where ever they want it sent.
--------------------------------------

Ditto..

I agree with DMRick about the insurance. If the buyer pays for it and you do not purchase at the PO, you are now completely responsible for it if it is lost or broken during shipping. So if nothing happens, great, if something does, guess you will remember next time. ;)

Originally posted by DMRick

I do it with less expensive items as well. I delivered to a few alternate addresses over the holidays.

The most recent one was a person in Northern NJ who wanted it sent to his work in NYC. We emailed him, and he confirmed it, and it was fine. (It was a tad over $20, like $23 with shipping)

If you do not use eBay's own service, which Image Hosting service do you use for your auctions?

Are there any out there which offer free or very reasonably priced hosting?

Webshoots has free image hosting but only for 10 images.

I use ebay for my standard picture (why not it's free/included). But I have used webshots for any additional photos I want/need. I just html them into my description.

Originally posted by Lady Cluck
If you do not use eBay's own service, which Image Hosting service do you use for your auctions?

Are there any out there which offer free or very reasonably priced hosting?

Check with your internet provider. You probably have some personal FREE webspace where you can host your pictures.

How do you determine shipping fees? I started selling stuff on ebay and the last 2 times I guessed at the shipping cost and was under by at least $2.00 for each box (there was 12 boxes).
I know people don't go to the post office and have each lot or item weighed before they post it. Is it a guess as you go thing or do you really need a scale?
Thanks

I bought a scale, DH needed on for his store anyway, so it was a business expense...

What I did, was since a lot of my current auctions could be shipped via media mail, I weighed each thing, and rounded up since they were not boxed...I also add $1.00 for packaging/handling....

With the bigger stuff, or stuff that is not able to ship via media mail, I weighed them- again rounding up, and adding the $1.00 then priced it to zone 7. I'm way over here on the east coast.

I also put in the media mail auctions that if they wanted to ship it via priority to email me a zip code and I'd check.

On a larger auction of mine, I coudnt weigh it since it was just to big size wise, I found 2 other auctions for the same thing, and went with their price. this item I received free, so if I loose a few bucks its okay...it's currently up at 61.00 so if I loose even $5.00 I've already made 55.00

Brandy

I'm thrilled to have found this thread as I'm halfway to my goal for my Disney trip. My DH said we couldn't go unless I ebayed our way there! I'm still confused about shipping charges. I've been using the shipping calculator, but was wondering if this was the best way to go.
I tried to figure out postage if the bidder lived in zone 1 and the shipping was $7.00, but if the bidder lived in zone 8 the shipping charges were over $20.00! I know some ebayers said they used just zone 8 to figure out shipping charges, but wouldn't that be overcharging the bidders who live in zones 1 and 2? Thank you for any suggestions. Your posts have already helped me tremendously!

Okay..I'm doing my research and about to become a seller for the first time on EBAY...I have a TON of feedback from being a buyer..I figure its time to get on the other end of it now!! At any rate..I'm kind of confused on shipping too. I plan on getting a scale..but, where do you go from there? Where do you get the information on which zone you are in, what the prices are per zone, how much to charge after you weigh it...whether to ship priority, express, etc....?

I have looked thru the USPS website and havent been able to find a lot of information that I really was looking for. I don't know..maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?? If anyone can give me some pointers, I would be sooooo appreciative!!! I'm soo glad I found this post!!

Thanks!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter