You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting this? I received three emails today (to my FORMER ebay email address) all from different users giving me shipping prices (all to different places), none of which I requested.

Do you think someone is somehow using my id? Why would things be going to my former email addy?

Thanks for any thoughts/insight!

Originally posted by pjfnme
Katerkat mentioned a shipping assistant..??? What is this & where do you get it? I definately wanted to include the confirmation with my sales.

http://www.usps.com/shippingassistant/ - I like it a lot, mainly because DC is free with Priority and 13-cents for everything else. Saves a LOT of money, especially because I want my shipping to be as low as possible.

I've had mixed luck with the eBay postage calculator, and only use it for larger items now. Fixed price is just easier for me!

And I have a random question - for anyone who uses grocery store boxes. I got a TON from my mom, but they have writing all over them - all sides, the top, etc. Do you black out ALL of that? And how? I'm thinking about getting some spraypaint, because I would empty a marker on one box!

You might check the Postal regulations regarding markings on the boxes. You could probably find them at www.usps.com. Most markings are fine. You shouldn't use boxes that indicate they held a hazardous substance. As long as the shipping address is obvious (maybe on a white label) regular grocery markings won't be any problem at all. Just make sure there is nothing that could be construed as a shipping address.

Sheila

Oh, OK! I thought you had to remove ALL markings, not just the hazardous ones. And as far as I know, orange juice isn't hazardous. Whew!

When I use boxes like that I just carefully take them apart and flip them inside out, then tape them together again. Works like a charm and then you get to start all over with a clean box.

Here in the UK, my wife and I have been merrily Ebaying our way to Disney. Everything we sell goes into a savings account and as soon as we have a few hundred Pounds I go and exchange it for some Dollars because at the moment the exchange rate is the best it's been for around 15 years. Over the past few weeks, we have saved around £20.00 on what it will cost us to buy our Disney Annual Passes! I have been buying some Disney pins for my son on Ebay and also some Quick and Casual Meal vouchers. They are quite reasonable in price here in the UK so I get them at real bargain prices. Only 21 days to go now and we are all really excited.:jumping1:

Wish I were going in 21 days! :teeth:

I'd better get Ebaying again! I've been slacking off since our trip!

Has anyone ever sold adult clothes, not new? I just went through my closet and weeded out a disturbing large amount of clothing - shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, etc. Most of the stuff is in really good condition, with the only problem being my butt grew faster than they did. :p How well does stuff that isn't NWT sell?

Also, does anyone know when the best time to sell SEMI-formal dresses is? Around Homecoming in the fall?

Originally posted by cpl100
Is anyone else getting this? I received three emails today (to my FORMER ebay email address) all from different users giving me shipping prices (all to different places), none of which I requested.

Do you think someone is somehow using my id? Why would things be going to my former email addy?

Thanks for any thoughts/insight!

No one but me?

Update on selling spring/summer clothes. I had a few LOTS of girls summer clothes that ended yesterday. All sold for more than my opening bid. I had a lot of 6 sundresses and also a lot of t-shirts and shorts. I sold one bathing suit and cover up too.

So, get listing those summer things!!

Maggie

Well, I've been gone for a long time, but I finally got caught up reading the past month's posts, and thought I'd say hi! Sounds like you are all doing well, and a bunch of "new faces", too.

I've been following posts over at the SpareDollar forum lately, and they are very informative. I'd highly recommend that any of you looking for more info check it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cpl100

That is very strange, and I've never experienced such a thing. I'd be inclined to reply to the emails and try to find out the source of the original inquiry. That's kind of creepy, but is probably an innocent glitch. Please keep us posted!

TTFN,
Joy

Originally posted by Mrs. Snowgod
Well, I've been gone for a long time, but I finally got caught up reading the past month's posts, and thought I'd say hi! Sounds like you are all doing well, and a bunch of "new faces", too.

I've been following posts over at the SpareDollar forum lately, and they are very informative. I'd highly recommend that any of you looking for more info check it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is very strange, and I've never experienced such a thing. I'd be inclined to reply to the emails and try to find out the source of the original inquiry. That's kind of creepy, but is probably an innocent glitch. Please keep us posted!

TTFN,
Joy

Shoot, I guess I shouldn't have deleted them. Next time I'll know better and will do that.

I did it!

After reading through 40 some odd pages of this thread, I thought why not?

I just put up my first listing. Some girls infant clothing.
I was very nervous doing it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Right?

I am working on my second listing now.

Hope I can clear out some of our clutter. My husband would be so grateful. He might even appreciate these boards!

Originally posted by cpl100 Is anyone else getting this? I received three emails today (to my FORMER ebay email address) all from different users giving me shipping prices (all to different places), none of which I requested.

No one but me?

Is the email account that you are receiving these the same email account that you have for these boards? The reason I'm asking is because I have been getting several emails with viruses/day (like 3-4 a day). I had my email address on my user cp available to be seen. These are the only boards I frequent, so I don't know how else my email addy would have gotten out. My DH & I were discussing it last night & I went to check it & changed it to where it is not able to be seen & I hope that the messages will soon stop (already had 3 more virus emails today). Thank Goodness for Norton Anti-Virus! Does anyone else have any ideas as to how email addresses can be obtained? Sandy

Originally posted by katerkat
Has anyone ever sold adult clothes, not new? I just went through my closet and weeded out a disturbing large amount of clothing - shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, etc. Most of the stuff is in really good condition, with the only problem being my butt grew faster than they did. :p How well does stuff that isn't NWT sell?

Also, does anyone know when the best time to sell SEMI-formal dresses is? Around Homecoming in the fall?

I sold LOTS of old clothes. I sold all of the shirts my son outgrew and a few very nice clothes I SORT of liked and wore maybe once or twice. It's so nice to know I don't have to hold onto them.

I've found that name brands sell quickly. I think it's because people do searches on their favorite designers.

HTH

Thanks for the response about guessing on postal or buying a scale. I guess I'll pick up a scale from walmart of a thrift store.

I have another question. I know it's probably on the paypal site but is there a way to tranfer the money you make to your banking acct from your paypal balance?

Thanks again

is there a way to tranfer the money you make to your banking acct from your paypal balance?

Yes, there sure is. Just go to the Withdraw tab while signed on to your Account Overview page. It generally takes about 3 days to complete, and you can access a timetable to help you figure out the processing period.

Originally posted by sandy3550
Is the email account that you are receiving these the same email account that you have for these boards? The reason I'm asking is because I have been getting several emails with viruses/day (like 3-4 a day). I had my email address on my user cp available to be seen. These are the only boards I frequent, so I don't know how else my email addy would have gotten out. My DH & I were discussing it last night & I went to check it & changed it to where it is not able to be seen & I hope that the messages will soon stop (already had 3 more virus emails today). Thank Goodness for Norton Anti-Virus! Does anyone else have any ideas as to how email addresses can be obtained? Sandy

I have been getting lots of e-mails too. I just read that there is a new virus out today, so that may be what it is.

This may sound like an odd question...but, what is the best background color to showcase your clothing on when you are taking your pictures for your ebay listing???? I have mostly girls clothing.. a lot of boutique dresses, etc..I want them to look nice..but, sometimes on a lighter background, the detail doesnt show up. What would anyone recommend???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter