You know your trip is getting close when.....

Certainly the ME package for an early warning. Two other things the day of are getting on the Orlando airport tram and when the video comes on the ME ride.

Already go the ME tags and then yesterday they photopass offer came. 3 weeks for today!:banana:I can't wait until we're 10 days out to look at the weather!

We rent a car too, so no ME :thumbsup2, and I love the paper chain idea...will definitely have to do that next time. We just use the widget from DVC to count it down every time we get on the computer :surfweb:

But I know it is getting close when the my sister starts asking me: "When are we going again?" :lmao:

Got my ME tags last week too. That always gets me fired up. Today a photopass came and that was something new. I didn't know they were sending them out. In the past, I've just asked the photographer for one.

Jeralyn

We rent a car so don't use DME. Our "It's getting close.." sign is when Accuweather forecast hits 14 days before our trip. :thumbsup2

I love it when the forecast starts to include our days! Also love it when I buy milk and notice the expiration date is during our stay...and no, I'm not bringing it along:rotfl2:

19 days til AKV ... first trip as owners!ME and AP vouchers here-check! I already have the "bag" going too with sunscreen, bandaids, ponchos, etc. I have the suitcase going too for the girls-washing the end of summer clothes here and throwning them in there. In this house I know its close when DD starts pulling out the princess gowns, tiaras, shoes, wands, etc. Last year we had a suitcase JUST for gowns:scared1:.... paid to fly that stuff back and forth from MCO!! Not this year-she was told to pick 3 for Akershus and MMNSSHP and they gotta fit in het suitcase-wish me luck!;) Also, when the kids offer to do chores.... for extra allowance $ for spending:laughing:

We're at 20 days and 14 hours. We do the autotrain so we could have the car. The new photopass card was interesting. My kids thought it was some kind of invitation. We are now crazy trying to get costumes for the MNSSHP. Interesting how you have to be careful what you pick or it will be "No Space Mountain in that outfit."

I know its time when I load the luggage into the car and make the 3 hour trek to Detroit airport. We stay the night before our morning flight and as usual I cant really sleep to well as I am amped.

Our package will not arrive for 3 more months right at Christmas - what a wonderful gift :banana:

For me it's when my Magical Express pack arrives and it came yesterday!! :banana: Time to bring out the "WDW Only Bag" and start gathering my stuff. I may have 31 more days to go but gathering stuff helps pass the time! :laughing:

So let's hear from others.....What alets you that your long awaited trip to WDW is almost here???

Same for me. I just got mine yesterday.:banana:

Same for me. I just got mine yesterday.:banana:

Me too! Got mine in the mail on Friday:goodvibes Best thing that has shown up in my mailbox in a LONG time. But, I'm one of those quirky people, I have had my bag 3/4 packed since July... Every morning I get up and see my suitcase sitting on the floor in my bedroom and I smile... WDW, here I come.. We leave in 35 days for 6 days at SSR in a THV:cool1:

Got my ME tags last week too. That always gets me fired up. Today a photopass came and that was something new. I didn't know they were sending them out. In the past, I've just asked the photographer for one.

Jeralyn

Hummmm....photopass?? I haven't seen one of those yet. Have you used photopass frequently in the past??

When it's time to do on line check in. I haven't hit that milestone for my end of September trip...can't wait to get there!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We do our paper chain at 30 days out...at that time we double check what's in our Owners Locker and make adjustments for that...check on the status of our Disney gift card balances, and start packing. If renting a car, we look for better deals out there, and scrutinize the DIS for all new attractions and Must Sees. I love hearing everyone's "traditions" before Disney :thumbsup2

I know our trip is getting close when I am at the grocery store. I notice that the expiration dates on the items I'm buying are past our trip dates.

margarine, eggs, yogurt

You know your trip is getting close when.....

I read posts here reminding me I have only 13 days to go have done nothing. I think I better check the packing lists today!

no magical express for me. Couple years ago we rented and friends did the express. we landed at same time and they waited for the line for ME. Well were at about the second toll on the highway and they called us to come back for them. I knew it would happen. That was in January for the marathon. I am sure at less crowded times it's better.

I know its almost time caue i can't stop talking about next years trip. haha. i am buggin DW about when we should go, what time of year. blah blah. I havent received my package yet but hey, i am 29 days out. lol. we are so excited cause my DS is 16 months old now and will be insanely overwhelmed (we hope). s it shuld be amazing. plus the food n wine, cant wait

4 more days until the 10 day weather forecast for Orlando is relevent! 7 more days until I start packing and 12 days until dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Don't know when the tradition started but the night before we leave, we have dinner there. We never go any other time and in fact, we don't really love it there...but that is just what we do. And this time we are leaving from Boston early AM so we will really know it is almost show time when we get the wake up call at 3:45am in the Hotel...if we sleep at all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter