YOU MADE ME CRY - sending thanks and an update

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Good morning dis friends. Sorry I haven't been on here to update what is happening, but it's been crazy with the thanksgiving holiday and then trying to get caught up at work. First for the good new - I am happy to say we had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Dad had a follow-up with the neurosurgeon and the news was very good. He is recovering well and things should be back to better than normal very soon. We have been very blessed with the prayers and pixie dust shown by all our friends and family (that includes all my dis family). It has been a long two months, but Christmas will be celebrated with a whole new meaning this year.

I cannot begin to express my thanks to all who sent me prayers, pixie dust and to those who made me cry yesterday. Let me explain. My day started off with a look at the local newspaper containing an article that the local homeless shelter would be closing as of January 1st. Now normally that would give me a moment pause and I would go on with my day. However, my son is currently working on his eagle scout project and guess who the project is benefitting ---- the local homeless shelter. Their playground area has been in shambles for the past couple of years and the children have not been permitted to use it. My son was redoing the playgound to provide the kids with a safe place to play. Project was all worked out, approvals all given and funds partially raised. We now have to start completely over. This has been a seven month committment already and the thought of starting all over again makes me tired. I was having a really bad day because of all of this, but when I got home from work there was a special surprise waiting for me. The box was wet and soggy from all the rain we have had here the last few days, but the inside was nice and dry. So many colorful notes and ribbons and goodies - it made my heart sing. You have no idea how much it meant to me - somehow you knew I was tired and dragging my feet and it was exactly what I needed. You all are truly angels.
I am looking forward to being able to swap with you all again. I'm really hoping to be able to keep my committment to hostess the swaps I'm signed up for early next year, but will wait until after the Christmas holiday to see if life has returned to fairly normal. Until then, I wish you all of the blessings that the Christmas season and the New Year have to offer.
Thank you friends!
Danielle

Happy to hear your dad is doing so much better!
hope things work out for the shelter, its sad that something so needed gets closed down.
Glad your package brighten your day!
keeping you all in our prayers and will keep sending pixie dust!!!

Glad to hear your dad is feeling better! Hope you have a great day today :)

I'm so glad that your Dad is doing better.

And, I feel for you on the Eagle Project. My son is an Eagle Scout so I know exactly how much is involved in the planning and approval stages of the project. That's such a huge chunk of the work involved. I hope your DS can find another project and get it put together and approved by the Eagle Board soon. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter