Your area of choice at Saratoga Springs

fireman17

"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day t
Making our third DVC trip in May of 2010 our first was at Old Key West and second was at our home resort of Saratoga Springs on this trip we will be staying at our home resort but need some input from our fellow DVCers.
Our last stay was in Congress Park and we felt a little out of the way from everything if you were to chose what building you were stay at what building would you chose and why.
We are thinking the Springs building seeing that it is close to the main building.

Springs is good for short walk to main pool, food and community center but worst for bus service being last of 5 pickups on park routes (only DTD route is good here.)

Grandstands is my new favorite. Great pool plus short walk to main pool and food. Reqest 8000s to be right at the pool, or 9000s to be a short walk but quieter. First pickup and dropoff for all park route, second stop on DTD route.

We have only stayed at Saratoga once and it was in the Grandstand section. I would definately request that section if we ever stay there again because I LOVED being the first on and off the bus for the parks. We never had to worry about squeezing onto an already full bus like the people at the later stops sometimes had to. And at night when you're dog tired, it's great to know that you're 'home' at the very first stop. Also, our room faced the golf course, and it was a pretty view and very peaceful.

I know that friends of ours prefer the Congress Park section because they prefer to be near Downtown Disney and they often request a DD view.

HTH!

We have stayed in the Springs twice and Paddock once. I loved the Paddock. The walk over the bridge to the main area IMHO is really nice, also the walk to DTD isn't bad either. You also have a quiet pool near by, you have lovely views and you are not the last bus stop like at the Springs.

We've stayed in Congress Park, Springs and Grandstand over the last few years. My all time favorite was our most recent stay at the Grandstand. We were in the buildings closest to the pool - the smaller one in that area - but loved that we easily and quickly walk up the hill to The Carriage House.

We liked staying the Springs, but we had lucked into the first room off the bus stop - so we more liked that for convenience - -but I wouldn't want to end up at the other end of the Springs.

We liked Congress Park before we had kids. It was great to walk to DTD, but now that we spend more time in the pool, and want to get The Carriage House more often, I don't like it near as much.

We have only stayed at SSR twice and we have stayed at Congress Park and The Springs. I liked both of them. I liked being close to DTD and being able to walk there, also the view is pretty nice if you get a DTD view. Also, staying at The Springs was nice, being close to the pool and Artist's Palette. If I had to pick one between those two, it would probably be Congress Park as long as you had a DTD view.

OK that is just our opinion. the Springs is closest to Community Hall, has one of the best staffs there. (If you go in say hi to Ms. Sundee from her favorite Sailor).

Also closest to the main building for food and drinks after pool closing or breakfast (How much we love resort cups).

The Springs is the greatest IMHO.

Thank you. I never cease to be amazed by how quickly you all are able to provide a response to a request for information! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Given that my DW enjoys spending time in DTD, Congress Park with a DTD view looks like the best bet.

Our third trip to SSR is coming up in just two weeks. The first time we stayed in a 2BR in the Paddock, second time was a studio in the Springs and this time will be a 1BR, I've requested the Grandstand. Hope we get it!

14 days to WDW! WooHoo :cool1:

We love Congress Park because of the close proximity to DTD. I'm going to be a dissenting voice here and say that I found the pool area at the Grandstand to be a little tacky (sorry). I prefer the quiet pool in Congress Park for its nice view of the water and DTD. We check in on MONDAY!! :cool1:

Grandstand if you have small kids because it's the first bus stop and the first when you get back...............good for getting a seat for the kids and also for getting them home when they're tired!

we also enjoy the congress park area. It is close to DTD, has the quiet pool that looks out at DTD, which at night is beautiful, it allows us to catch a bus at DTD easy if we want to go to a resort for a meal. LOVE this area.

But we may try to stay at Grandstand next time as the kids loved the look of that pool.

I just stayed there in May for the first time May and was assigned to the Paddock but right outside the building was pretty much the Busstop for Congress park I belive so it was very convenient and the main pool/food area was kind of a pleasant walk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter