chris
4220810994_b0cc48b87a.jpg

my daughter in the m&m store in nyc
4151164145_83cc40b926.jpg

a foggy morning
4220086139_381b913959.jpg

cape hatteras lighthouse in early am
4219995735_1ba96f96aa_o.jpg

Great shots everyone! :thumbsup2 This was a lot of fun to review this years photos but very difficult to choose just one from each month. This was my first year having a DSLR so I got to see some improvement over the year mostly due to the kind folks here.

January - When I first got my camera the dog was my favorite subject and the fact that he did not mind.
751278336_8KGFr-M.jpg

February - I love this shot of my 91 year old dad with my DD9.
751278490_Xyquo-M.jpg

March - My oldest DD had her 1940's musical.
751278622_yx7sf-M.jpg

April - We went to Palm Desert and I got a chance to shoot running water.
751278667_Khbk7-M.jpg

May - Our last Brownilympics.
751278821_V7A74-M.jpg

June - A trip to San Diego and a tour of the USS Midway parked in downtown.
751279031_u3GDy-M.jpg

July - Thanks to Jeff we took a crack at Light Painting
751279086_5RxmQ-M.jpg

August - Our trip to WDW. How do you pick just one. I think this one captured the real feel of Sci-Fi Dine-In
751279248_vYhTT-M.jpg

September - Finally a shot from Disneyland made the list. For those of you that have never been, this from the Matterhorn. It is considered one of those hard to get shots.
751279354_MHBTJ-M.jpg

October - I got interested in portraits.
751271679_UFZ77-M.jpg

November - We had a local Civil War reenactment.
751271917_LaDMM-M.jpg

December - Our Christmas card shot.
751272099_eEkcA-L.jpg

Great pictures, everyone! Roger, taking September's picture must have been really tough and you nailed it! Awesome photo!

I too am quite impressed with the Yetti photo! I tried bringing my DSLR on that trip and I could barely hold onto it, let alone get a good photo!

Neat idea. I have to say, I am particularly challenged by the idea of posting a best of each month - there are some months I shoot much more actively, and in those months I may end up with all of my favorite shots of the year from that same month. So to have to distill those months down to 1, and then force a pick from a month I may have only shot a few dozen shots, is a fun exercise.

So, here are not necessarily my best shots of the entire year, but my favorite shots for whatever reason from each month of the year:

January - Watching people watching Epcot's Illuminations:
original.jpg

February - My cat Mickey illuminated by the light of the television:
original.jpg

March - A large alligator grabbing a softshell turtle for lunch in the local wetlands:
original.jpg

April - Exterior hall of Bethesda by the Sea church in Palm Beach, FL:
original.jpg

May - Hillsboro Lighthouse in Lighthouse Point, FL:
original.jpg

June - France pavilion in Epcot at night:
66-150809005710-1.jpeg

July - shops and walkways in the upscale shopping district of Worth Avenue in Palm Beach:
original.jpg

August - Green Cay Wetlands, where I shoot most of my birds and wildlife:
original.jpg

September - Randy of Off Kilter at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot:
original.jpg

October - Osprey taking off from a perch in Green Cay Wetlands:
original.jpg

November - wet decks of the HAL Noordam leaving Roadtown, Tortola, BVI near sunset:
original.jpg

December - Two young blue-winged teals at Green Cay Wetlands:
original.jpg

Great pictures, everyone! Roger, taking September's picture must have been really tough and you nailed it! Awesome photo!

I too am quite impressed with the Yetti photo! I tried bringing my DSLR on that trip and I could barely hold onto it, let alone get a good photo!

Thank you both. The lighting is a lot better than I would have imagined. It is still a challenge to hang on to your camera while on the ride though.

My photography is kinda' like Mark's, where I may take 1000/day and then nothing for a month, so some months are kind of sparse.

January - we had a brief but intense snowstorm, where the snow blew in at about a 30 degree angle:
jan_snow_1320.jpg

February - a cold full moon with some bokeh branches in the foreground:
feb_moon_1352_0_1.jpg

March - one of the sparse months when I worked on a Radio Control WDW monorail:
mar_monorail_0246.jpg

April - our favorite twin princesses showed us around Pullen Park and I tried photographing daytime motion with a ND filter:
apr_train_2077.jpg

May - some larger trains, photographed through a polarized window (giving some strange colors):
may_window_2213_1_2.jpg

June - Pearson's Falls near Saluda NC:
jun_pearson_3082_0_1.jpg

July - 1969 Corvairs at the convention in Jacksonville FL:
concours_3813_1_2.jpg

August - a somewhat abstract fountain in our neighborhood:
aug_fountain_3946.jpg

September - a "tilt & shift" image of World Showcase Lagoon:
sep_ts_lagoon_5076_4_5.jpg

October - dawn at St Simon's Island GA:
oct_beach_5555_3_4.jpg

November - a ride on an excursion train to Asheville NC
nov_train_5878.jpg

December - Andie looking angelic:
dec_andie_2771.jpg

This was fun!

January - Snow Day!
20090118_042.jpg

February - Getting to know my camera - I took this on the day I figured out how to use the spot-color feature on my S3. My daughter is also getting to know the (pink) camera she got for Christmas
20090210_003-2.jpg

March - I have to put more than one here.
Guiness - my sister's Irish Terrier was visiting (along with her "sister" Kelly a Miniature Schnauzer). They were so well behaved I had to shoot some pictures. I loved doing this photos of the dogs! I took a ton of photos and got some really great shots! I love the second one - I gave them both the down command and they laid and naturally extended their paws like that - you can see the bond between them. Sadly, Guiness died unexpectedly this summer. I'm glad I took those pictures.
009.jpg

014.jpg

April - Candle at church
20090412_034.jpg

May - Memorial Day parade
20090525_037.jpg

June - I cheated and picked two
A deer at Double Diamond Deer Ranch - I learned about deer and got a ton of neat pictures that day
20090613_097.jpg

Shades of things to come - my daughter with a ton of makeup on dance studio picture day
20090607_023.jpg

July - Trip to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park & Vegas - hard to choose just one!
Desert View Watch Tower on the South Rim
IMG_1992.jpg

From somewhere on the North Rim
20090702_122_stitch.jpg

August
20090810_548.jpg

September - Couldn't pick just one. I like these all for different reasons.
Catching my daughter in action while using spot color.
015.jpg

Action & Shadows - takes me back to a photography class I once took
085-1.jpg

First time across the monkey bars
111.jpg

October - this was hard - I took a ton of pictures in October and some really good ones! I'm going with this one though. I live in western Pennsylvania - lighthouses around here are rare so I like this picture.
115.jpg

November - my dog
049.jpg

December - my kids
135.jpg

Awesome shots Everyone!!!!!!

I just realized that I don't have anything good from January; just random shots of when we moved into our new apartment.

February:

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October (x2.... to make up for January) This was such a hard month to choose from:

November:

December:

Not necessarily my best per month but among the favorite of each month.

January

jan.jpg

February

feb.jpg

March

march.jpg

April

april.jpg

May

may.jpg

June

june.jpg

July

july.jpg

August

august.jpg

September

sept.jpg

October

oct.jpg

November

nov.jpg

December

dec.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

I really like this thread. I've enjoyed reviewing the pictures I've taken over the past year and picking my favorites. Here they are:

My favorite T-ball picture:

Tball1.jpg

AK is my favorite place to take pictures at WDW. Here are a few of my favorites:

bat.jpg

Disneycard21103a.jpg

My family on Expedition Everest:
mteverst.jpg

My favorite picture off of my deck. I took many pictures of sunsets (in seemingly every color this year).

morningvertical.jpg

I absolutely love taking pictures with my 100mm macro. Here are my favorites with this lens:

grasshopper.jpg

beeandflower.jpg

coneflower.jpg

Here is a fun shot of a Hot Air Balloon event in my area:

ballons.jpg

Here is a picture of "The Bean". This is a piece of modern art in Chicago.

theBean3copy.jpg

I spent a morning taking pictures of this swan family. I honestly can't decide which photo I like more (of the two). I like the symmetry of the first photo and the uniqueness of the second. What do you think?

swanfamily1.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

Here is my favorite picture of a chameleon that was very fun to photograph.

chameleon2.jpg

My favorite castle picture from my August trip.

card1156a.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter