Your experience wait listed for GCV

disEAR

DVC Member
Hello, I'm just curious of others experience being waitlisted at the 7 month marker for the Villas at Disney's Grand California Hotel.

I called to book a reservation on the 18th of January for reservations on the 18th of August and unfortunately was met with no availablity. So I waitlisted. Being a very busy time, middle of summer and all and the fact that that's it's the weeked of the D23 Expo I'm settling on the fact that this waitlist probably won't come through and maybe I should pay cash to stay offsite for settle on using my points to stay in one of the Disney Collection resorts.

Anyones past experience being waitlisted for GCV and your opinions on the situation would be great!

Thank you. :)

Only tried to waitlist once, but it was for a studio for Columbus day weekend, and never came through.
PPH and DLH are pretty cool, though IMHO the points are a bit expensive side. You could always make a cancel-able 'back-up' reservation at either of those while you're waiting for the wait list to come through, then switch to points if you decide that's what you want to do later ...
Also the hotels on Harbor are pretty darn close, just not as 'deluxe' as the Disney ones, so if location is more your thing than niceness of the resort, staying offsite at DLR isn't a terrible thing, then you could just save your points if the wait list doesn't come through. Most of the hotels on Harbor are _very_ reasonable.

We were waitlisted for a Studio over memorial day. I letter just came a few days ago with the requested dates! We got our waitlist, so don't give up hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter