What I LOVE about OKW is...
- The Welcome Home at the front gate
- The friendly CM's
- The serenity of the landscaping
- The calming room decor
- The HUGE rooms
- The views from the patios/balconies
- The parking outside of the rooms
- The main pool & newer slide - I'm officially the 8th rider when it "officially" opened - wahoooo
- The lighthouse
- The quiet pools
- The Turtle pond area
- The gurgling suitcase
- The boat docks and amenties
- Olivia's
- The wildlife and animals you dont expect to see but always do
- The remote location
- The feeling of being away from the hustle and bustle of the world
- The low point usage to allow extended trip
- Not sharing a bus with other resorts (rarely use as we rent a van)
- The fact that everyone around you is relaxed and enjoying the calm and serene surroundings

The question might have been better asked, what dont you like about OKW? This would be a much shorter list...

We are long time DVC owners...when "Old Key West" was the Disney Vacation Club. When we stay at OKW, I get flooded with memories of great vacations past. As my DSs have grown, I know that each vacation may be the last true (all four of us) family vacation & the memories of OKW become precious.

I don't think anyone mentioned the full size appliances, including kitchen and washer and dryer. I really hate those stacking laundry units in the other resorts.

Great post! We are SSR owners but am hoping to try OKW next September. Sounds great and am really looking forward to staying in the resort. :thumbsup2

I love the tropical feel -

Palm trees
Jimmy Buffet music
pink / blue color scheme
the friendliest CMs of all the resorts, IMHO

Goldi

The Gurgling Suitcase!

I know there are theme parks at WDW. But one of the best afternoons I ever spent was watching "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" on the TV at the Gurgling Suitcase.

• The HUGE rooms
  • Lower points cost
  • Parking at my front door
  • Always being able to get a ressie when I want one
  • Quiet, restful place to come home to after a busy day in the parks
  • And DD6 wants me to add the waterslide. She LOVES that slide and she likes the pool better than SAB. When we stayed at BCV, the second time we went to SAB, she didn't want to go. She wanted to go back to the pool with the sandcastle slide!

It's just the most peaceful place on earth! So peaceful that we've decided to call it "Home"! We absolutely love the big rooms and the summer pool party is so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter