Your thoughts please :)

Beezle2

Hi-Yah!
I am making myself crazy trying to figure out what to do about our June Universal trip! My problem is that we have 6 people, love front of the line and RPR, but the $$ is making me gasp, lol :)

Dates 6/19- 6/21 maybe 6/22 We will have the 3 day park to park tickets.

I have been spinning the accommodation situation as many ways as I can. I COULD get 2 rooms at RPR for 1 night giving us 2 days of FOTL and then move us to CB Family Suite for 1 night. Total $994 before any APH discounts that I would be looking for. This means a lot of upfront cost as I will have to pay for all of the hotels night at booking. And we will have to move rooms.

I COULD get the Family Suite at CB for 2 days and add the express pass for 1 day = $808 ( only have to buy for 5) or add the express pass for 2 days= $1108. I would still be looking for the APH discount. This is less up front cost and we don't have to move and will have the kitchenette. We are coming from a week at OKW DVC and will have our groceries etc from there to cut some of the food cost.
What I CAN'T do is 2 rooms at RPR for 2 or 3 nights like I wish I could :)

So what do you think? What would make you choose one or the other? Or something else I haven't thought of?

Check out Cheaptickets.com. They are running a 20% off special right now (cheapster), through Jan 5th I believe. I just booked a deluxe room at HRH for our June trip. I'm going to keep watching the APH rates for that time frame and cancel if it's a better deal, but this deal I could not pass up. I did have to pay in full, but I can cancel for a full refund if I need too. I can't help with the large family accommodations as we are a family of 3, but it might be worth checking out.

However, the FOTL pass is worth it's weight in gold IMO, so you'll never find us at CB for that reason.

ETA: When you put in your search parameters on Cheaptickets, ONLY put 2 adults in a room (or two people, 1 A, 1C). They charge about $10 for each additional person. I am just going to call and add DD to the reservation just before we go. I've read that's the thing to do. Your confirmation from Cheaptickets will have both a Cheaptickets confirmation number and a "hotel" (in my case, HRH) confirmation number.

I was just looking at AP's again and I'm seeing all our dates blocked out! Are there ever APH rates for that time frame 6/19-6/22?

Check out Cheaptickets.com. They are running a 20% off special right now, through Jan 5th I believe. I just booked a deluxe room at HRH for our June trip. I'm going to keep watching the APH rates for that time frame and cancel if it's a better deal, but this deal I could not pass up. I did have to pay in full, but I can cancel for a full refund if I need too. I can't help with the large family accommodations as we are a family of 3, but it might be worth checking out.

However, the FOTL pass is worth it's weight in gold IMO, so you'll never find us at CB for that reason.
>>>

I know right!!!! :love: We always stay at RPR but curse me, I invited a couple extra kids to tag along and while I will love having them, I am kicking myself :laughing:

I was just looking at AP's again and I'm seeing all our dates blocked out! Are there ever APH rates for that time frame 6/19-6/22?

AP rates are not out for that time of year yet and I think for "summer" you have to have the higher priced AP that's good all year long.

>>>

I know right!!!! :love: We always stay at RPR but curse me, I invited a couple extra kids to tag along and while I will love having them, I am kicking myself :laughing:

Can you do 2 rooms at RPR? Are you footing the whole bill? Maybe parents would be willing to kick in some money??

I just played around with your dates (3 nights) on Cheaptickets and found this for a standard 2 queen room:

Hotel (3 nights); 2 guests
$329.01 avg/night (comes down to about $263 with the 20% discount)
$987.03
Hotel charges $1.00

Promo code applied
-$197.41
Taxes and fees
$129.64

Total due at booking
$920.26

Best Price Guarantee
Your savings
$197.41

Can you do 2 rooms at RPR? Are you footing the whole bill? Maybe parents would be willing to kick in some money??

No, I will be covering the trip. And 2 rooms for 2 nights at RPR is :eek: The kids just bring their spending money. I checked the Cheaptickets sale and the code brings the Family Suite down to $219 a night. That's not so bad for the 6 of us, plus I am feeling that kitchenette for a bit of savings on food. I could add the unlimited express pass for 1 day and still stay at a reasonable price for the 2 days.

If we were just doing UNI I might splurge but a week at Disney w/ Star Wars the week before has me :scared1: and looking for bargains!

Thanks for your ideas! :thumbsup2

No, I will be covering the trip. And 2 rooms for 2 nights at RPR is :eek: The kids just bring their spending money. I checked the Cheaptickets sale and the code brings the Family Suite down to $219 a night. That's not so bad for the 6 of us, plus I am feeling that kitchenette for a bit of savings on food. I could add the unlimited express pass for 1 day and still stay at a reasonable price for the 2 days.

If we were just doing UNI I might splurge but a week at Disney w/ Star Wars the week before has me :scared1: and looking for bargains!

Thanks for your ideas! :thumbsup2

Good luck. Nice of you to be covering the trip! I hope to do that for DD and a few friends when she graduates high school (she's only 11 so I have a while). Her best friend's family does that (they have 4 girls) with their DVC at WDW too. So they have big plans to do a week at WDW with her family and then shuttle over to US/IOA and do a week with us. I'd cover lodging, as her family does, but they would have to cover tickets and food and the flight back home (they drive to FL, we don't :). But we wouldn't need a whole week at US/IOA. Could probably do 4 days to satisfy them.

bas71873;52808726 ETA: When you put in your search parameters on Cheaptickets said:
>>

Just saw this and it brought the price down to $179 per night! That's awesome for the Family suite! I'm going to book this and then see about an AP discount later!

Many thanks!!

Good luck. Nice of you to be covering the trip! I hope to do that for DD and a few friends when she graduates high school (she's only 11 so I have a while). Her best friend's family does that (they have 4 girls) with their DVC at WDW too. So they have big plans to do a week at WDW with her family and then shuttle over to US/IOA and do a week with us. I'd cover lodging, as her family does, but they would have to cover tickets and food and the flight back home (they drive to FL, we don't :). But we wouldn't need a whole week at US/IOA. Could probably do 4 days to satisfy them.

Your DD will love it when you do :) Our DD is 13 and we take her BF who is like family to us. This will be their 3rd trip together! They have a blast and DD has someone her age to be goofy with. We have DVC and drive down also so it's much less of an expense than it could be :) This will be her first trip to Universal and she is pretty excited. We are happy to share the experience with her but my grandson wants to go to SWW and bam! 6 people on the trip. Not a problem at the DVC but Wow for onsite at Universal!

ETA: When you put in your search parameters on Cheaptickets, ONLY put 2 adults in a room (or two people, 1 A, 1C). They charge about $10 for each additional person. I am just going to call and add DD to the reservation just before we go. I've read that's the thing to do. Your confirmation from Cheaptickets will have both a Cheaptickets confirmation number and a "hotel" (in my case, HRH) confirmation number.

Do you call the hotel directly to add people or Cheaptickets? TIA

Do you call the hotel directly to add people or Cheaptickets? TIA

You don't call cheaptickets at all. You can add people once you get to the hotel. As long as you have ordered the right type of room and don't exceed the occupancy constraints, there will be no issue.

You don't call cheaptickets at all. You can add people once you get to the hotel. As long as you have ordered the right type of room and don't exceed the occupancy constraints, there will be no issue.

Thank you for the clarification!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter