ZERO 11 month available at CCV ?

HIRyeDVC

DIS Veteran
is this a glitch or for real? There is absolutely zero availability for every room category at 11 months for middle of October. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 18E4C1D6-1D72-49A6-BCAD-FFF5204D863C.png
    18E4C1D6-1D72-49A6-BCAD-FFF5204D863C.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 8EE4BDBB-3F97-462E-8373-000273E37C9E.png
    8EE4BDBB-3F97-462E-8373-000273E37C9E.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 65

I smell a glitch… or walkers. Don’t forget people have to use points now differently than they may have planned when they bought in originally, so it’s the Wild West out here since the borrowing restrictions kicked in.

…and the Canadians are coming back.

Last edited:
Definitely has to be a glitch. The cabins are otherwise open all of April through early October. This same problem happened at AKV Kidani for a week in May 2022. I contacted Member Services and they insisted it must be reservations. I requested to speak to a manager, who then also insisted it must be reservations but finally agreed to check with the IT group. A day after that call, all the Kidani rooms, other than the two standard GVs, were shown as open for that week.

p.s. I just checked and I couldn't get a full week but 3 or more days were available.

I find it strange that all availability stops at 10/5 for all room types. I smell a glitch.

I just called Member Services and they checked with someone "on the backend" and said all inventory was at 0. They didn't have any explanation except to guess that it could be closing for a refurbishment. I told them I didn't think that was the case and that it must be a glitch of some sort. The rep said they would submit some kind of report about the issue so that those who can fix IT problems would be aware of the issue if indeed it wasn't being deliberately held for some legitimate reason.

I made a reservation on Oct 5th for the 5-8th. I can still get the 7th on that reservation if I attempt to modify it, but every other room category shows no availability starting on Oct. 5th. through Oct 13th.

Just got off chat wit a CM. She chalked it up to members taking up all the reservations along with possibly guaranteed weeks contract. I didn’t buy it and asked if she could inquire IT for a possible glitch. She discounted that possibility and said if there is a glitch, CMs would have already been notified by IT. (Yeah right). Something is up.

Just got off chat wit a CM. She chalked it up to members taking up all the reservations along with possibly guaranteed weeks contract. I didn’t buy it and asked if she could inquire IT for a possible glitch. She discounted that possibility and said if there is a glitch, CMs would have already been notified by IT. (Yeah right). Something is up.
That could be true, but GVs and cabins?!? That’s what doesn’t make sense.

All of CCV is gone starting 10/5/22 and also BRV 2 bedrooms starting 10/5/22-10/7/22 (lock offs has no availability 10/6-10/7). Every other DVC resort shows full availability. Something doesn’t make sense. I’m in the process of adding on at CCV with October as a frequent travel time, I asked my guide about this and they said something doesn’t sound right but to just use the waitlist. Not sure what to make of it but it doesn’t make me feel great about it.

Probably some sort of glitch, but I have been watching CCV since September and it has been very low availability. Not only walking but October disappeared right at 11 months. The walkers show up as the first day at 11 months is gone but shows up a few days later. I wish DVC could find a way to stop the walking. I don't even bother for early December anymore at both of my home resorts VGF and CCV. We usually alternate between the 2 resorts and between Studios and 1 BR.

Probably some sort of glitch, but I have been watching CCV since September and it has been very low availability. Not only walking but October disappeared right at 11 months. The walkers show up as the first day at 11 months is gone but shows up a few days later. I wish DVC could find a way to stop the walking.

DVC created the ecosystem at CCV where walking becomes necessary to secure more popular and lower point room types. A way to stop walking would have been for DVC to set up a well balanced resort in the first place. They didn't because they could make more profit from point heavy cabins. They don't particularly care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter