ZERO 11 month available at CCV ?

Don't know if it's "fixed" or I just happen to log in at the right time, but I see complete availability for all room types for October dates

The woman I spoke to at tech support just called me back and said that IT had fixed the issues with Copper Creek and availability is back. I was able to book my Oct. stay , so looks like everything is working now!

I was amazed and so impressed that she actually called me back to say the issue was fixed! What a fantastic CM.

I think the frontline CMs have no idea and of course go to the must be booked, guaranteed weeks, etc. because honestly, that’s all they have access to. They probably don’t see any internal workings of it all.

So, I think emails and requests when chatting and calling to file an IT report is what we all need to do because it is obvious it’s not one of those reasons.
I sympathize with CMs. I just wish they weren’t so robotic sometimes and try to be human. To empathize with our concerns and at least try to sound concerned. I suppose it’s too much for Disney employees to try to go the extra mile anymore?

I sympathize with CMs. I just wish they weren’t so robotic sometimes and try to be human. To empathize with our concerns and at least try to sound concerned. I suppose it’s too much for Disney employees to try to go the extra mile anymore?

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that. If a CM happen to stay the wrong things, believe it or not, there are owners who would through a fit if it turned out to be the wrong information.

So, IMO, it makes sense for them to have a consistent way of answering with what info they have.

Mentioned above are calls to MS where the MS personnel have insisted CCV is shown as full because it could be a refurb or that it is just reservations. That is the same responses I got when I called about AKV. The MS personnel seem to lack any knowledge of the reality of how reservations and refurbs typically work
Of course they don't. The average phone CM is getting paid something in the low-to-mid-teens per hour, in a job they've probably held for maybe six months and probably won't hold for more than another six, answering phone call after phone call after phone call from DVC Members, the majority of whom certainly do not understand the system half as well as the average DISboarder. They've never stayed at a DVC resort, and they probably never will. They certainly will never buy one.

(Yes, I am sure there are exceptions. But by definition, exceptions are not the rule.)

Disney policy is that they're not allowed to say that. It's a very dumb policy because they are actually rewarded on metrics for answering stuff, even if the answer is stupid or wrong.
It's not so much that they aren't allowed to say it. But they are measured on two very important metrics. First: how many calls can they answer in an hour. Second: What is their "Was this Cast Member Excellent?" survey rating. They probably have minimums that they need to stay above to keep their jobs.

Add to that the understanding and expectations of the "average" DVC Member making the call. A quick answer that is thoroughly plausible to the average caller but wrong ("Gee, they must be all booked! That's a popular time.") is vastly better than a more accurate answer that upsets most callers ("Gosh, I have no idea, and there's nothing I can do to solve it while I have you on the phone") especially if that answer takes longer to explain.

In other words: It is not the job of a Customer Service Representative to give out bad news accurately.

I think it's all about who you are talking to. I spoke with a reservation agent yesterday about the problem and got nowhere. This morning I talked to someone at tech support and she could see the issue and looked at it from a different perspective (solving IT/technical issues). She told me she'd forward screen shots up the chain. I'd say she definitely went the extra mile by calling me back after IT confirmed the problem and got it fixed. I don't think I've ever had that happen before - she could have just continued on with her day, as she hadn't promised to follow up. Some may have different experiences, but I must say that overall my experience with Disney customer service is far better than most.

I think it's all about who you are talking to. I spoke with a reservation agent yesterday about the problem and got nowhere. This morning I talked to someone at tech support and she could see the issue and looked at it from a different perspective (solving IT/technical issues). She told me she'd forward screen shots up the chain. I'd say she definitely went the extra mile by calling me back after IT confirmed the problem and got it fixed. I don't think I've ever had that happen before - she could have just continued on with her day, as she hadn't promised to follow up. Some may have different experiences, but I must say that overall my experience with Disney customer service is far better than most.

And it supports why a frontline CM is going to have different information than the IT person.

I just talked to tech support - the option you select for help with DVC website - and she verified that she could see that Copper Creek had no availability beginning on Oct. 5th. She agreed that it must be a technical problem and said she would forward screen shots up to the next level of tech support. She couldn't say how or when they might respond though... Hopefully it won't take too many more days to be corrected.
looks like the problem's been fixed. every room type is now showing availability. what a crazy weekend.

This happened at the Poly probably in about May or so all of the availability dates in mid-August disappeared including the Bungalows. They reappeared after a few days.

Like many of you, I saw no availability this morning when I logged on but I went ahead and did waitlists for the deluxe studio and 2 bedroom we were going for. Then around noon, I was telling my husband about it and after decided to log back on and there was wide open ability, even though you could still see my waitlist. I quickly got both my reservations and kept the waitlist. I figured I will wait and see which sticks.

PHEW!! I'm planning on booking 11 months out on Tuesday, Nov 16th and I was not going to be a happy camper if CCV was still messed up!! I did look this am and saw only a few nights out of the week before we wanted to go that was available but I just checked again and that whole week is available!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I tried to book CCV right at 11 months for a 3 day weekend in May 2022…..no availability. CCV really is just getting too hard to book. Thank goodness we use our fixed week in December.
Good choice with the fixed week! We moved our main trips to September and we usually don't have any issues. But lately it looks like September is getting taken right at 11 months. Hope its just all the excess points still out there.

Good choice with the fixed week! We moved our main trips to September and we usually don't have any issues. But lately it looks like September is getting taken right at 11 months. Hope its just all the excess points still out there.
September is the BEST time to travel. Can't wait for the day when the kids are no longer in school and the wife and I could just go on vacations during low seasons again like Sept and January.

They have no incentive to do this because they don't want people buying resale.

I don’t think that is is because some resale owners have no issue and some with direct points have also had an issue,

I personally think it’s something they just don’t want to have to shut the website to fix since it’s account specific and only showed up after they altered it for the 50% rule.

It is inexcusable at this point, but I think it’s more about lack of IT than anything else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter