°o° We're Busy, We're on Vacation! Our own California Adventure.°o°- w/ theme song

I :love:vacation:yay: Sounds like a really good time, did you get to see the riverwalk in San Antonio, I have always wanted to go there:goodvibes

Thank you for the compliments on the trip report. I'm having a lot of fun creating it.

I :love:vacation:yay: Sounds like a really good time, did you get to see the riverwalk in San Antonio, I have always wanted to go there:goodvibes

Watch Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock (I know its not a Disney movie, shame on me). Part of the pagent takes place at the River Walk. The River Walk is nice, but compact in space. We were there on a week day and people were eating outside. So, imagine walking between diners as they ate and were talking. The smells coming out of the various restaurants were delicious! I'm glad we ate before we got there. The day we went was warm and :sunny:.

Flashforward to our arriving to MIL's house.

Since we had to recover from driving long distances, we drove shorter distances instead while visiting family. We still had to take the freeway between my SIL's house, my parents house, and my MIL's. We hadn't visted my FIL yet so, that dynamic hadn't been added. Its tough when family lives so spread out. So, for two days we ebbed and flowed between houses. It feels like driving the Autotopia cars while you sit sit on the 405 waiting for traffic to move. Sadly, the exhaust from surrounding vehicles can be just as bad :(.

While traveling, I'd write messages in my Facebook status' about our travels. Facebook has become my other blogging addiction. A friend of mine from high school asked if we were going to visit any of the parks while we were on vacation. I replied back, 'we'd visit DL, but didn't think MK#4 could scale the wall fast enough'. To my surprise, my friend Chris (who works for the DL hotels) asked if we'd like to be passed in as his guests. DUH, am I going to pass up that offer?... Certainly not! (Sorry the 80's valley girl in me just snuck out). It was kind of funny exchanging texts with Chris. I kept telling him, I'll go whenever you tell me to. I told him when he saw me I'd have a huge squinty asian smile waiting for him (yep, surprise folks, I'm asian). I didn't tell the kids, but Monday 3/31 would be the day for us to see Mickey and the gang.

The kids were beyond thrilled when I took out their Disney shirts and MonsterPop told them we were going to Disneyland AND California Adventure. It was a joy to see the excitement on their faces as they heard the news.

The Disneyland adventure is about to begin. Hang tight as the next installment comes to a post near you.

Like oh my gawd!!!!! love the eighties, love that they are over!!! That is so awesome about your friend. Sounds good so far.

Thats it??? What the heck :lmao::rotfl2:

I feel like I have been left hangin :flower3: I have been dying to see more pictures. Especailly the one with you riding in the stroller.

I will hang out with my popcorn:: and wait. If anyone wants some

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

here's some for you all.

You surprised the kids?!!!! That's soooo cool!! We did that too & it's priceless when they realize they're going!!!!!

Enjoying so far!!!

Diznee, what job is your DH applying for at Dl:confused3

He put down 3 choices & they won't tell him which one they are considering him for. So it's one of these: host at sit-down restaurant, photopass photographer or warehouse (in the park after hours....which he is most interested in). He'll find out Tuesday & I'll let everyone know how it goes when we return (won't be till Thursday morning when I get back on) Keep your fingers crossed!!!! He got laid off 3 weeks before Christmas & this is the first lead he's had in months......oh please oh please oh please :scared:

I will keep my fingers crossed, they all sound like they would be fun jobs. Let us know how it goes :thumbsup2

Thats it??? What the heck :lmao::rotfl2:

I feel like I have been left hangin :flower3: I have been dying to see more pictures. Especailly the one with you riding in the stroller.

I will hang out with my popcorn:: and wait. If anyone wants some

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

here's some for you all.
hahaha, your so funny. Not! Just totally kidding with ya. ;)

He put down 3 choices & they won't tell him which one they are considering him for. So it's one of these: host at sit-down restaurant, photopass photographer or warehouse (in the park after hours....which he is most interested in). He'll find out Tuesday & I'll let everyone know how it goes when we return (won't be till Thursday morning when I get back on) Keep your fingers crossed!!!! He got laid off 3 weeks before Christmas & this is the first lead he's had in months......oh please oh please oh please :scared:
I hope you hear good news sooner!

I will keep my fingers crossed, they all sound like they would be fun jobs. Let us know how it goes :thumbsup2
ditto.

:badpc: Can you believe my computer ate my next installment? I was feverishly working on it more last night and Monsterpop messed up my mojo. I had it almost ready to go and like be scared to death by a cast member on the Its A Small World ride, my installment went poof! Both descriptions are true.

I have to rethink my thoughts through so, in the mean time, hang in and hang on until the next installment. Like the Tower of Terror, who knows when the next installment will drop down. ;)

Here's a big tub of popcorn to share
halfandhalf.jpg

and the Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room (Original Show)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhApjPASb64. I am so glad DL did not switch to Magic Kingdom's The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management version. Thank you Disneyland1

This can't be good that you are posting a big tub of popcorn can it :confused3 :lmao::rotfl2: Hurry up will ya, its not like you are on vacation and have anything else going on :rolleyes:

Like oh my gawd!!!!! love the eighties, love that they are over!!! That is so awesome about your friend. Sounds good so far.

Charmama, you crack me up!

O.k., we're going to flash forward to our day at Disney. I love my family and friends, but let's get to the more important parts of the trip.Here we go.

By the time we got out the door and had to run a minor errand, we finally made our way to the Disneyland parking lot.Thanks to my sister in law, she lent us one of our nieces and we were able to park for free. The tram ride is the first and last ride we take at the park. We met Chris* at the La Brea Bakery in front of the only tram stop. (*Chris is a friend from high school I've reconnected with through Facebook. He asked me prior to Disney day if we had plans to visit any theme parks. I told him we probably wouldn't do DL since MK#4 couldn't scale a fence fast enough. This generous friend and cast member who works for the DL hotels, passed in our family as his guests.) A tip my sister in law gave us was to flash our Disney Visa card and ask if they were still honoring free stroller rental. Monday was our lucky day folks, we got the stroller for free too.

I was excited about entering the park. My excitement was some what deflated when the kids HAD to go to the bathroom. What a great first memory, visiting the restroom. After visiting the restroom, I wanted to get MK#4 his first visit pin and an early birthday pin. It was there at the Town Hall I stood in the shortest line in the park. After receiving our buttons, we were ready to walk down Main Street.

The first shop we crept by was the Arribas Brothers Crystal Shop. Monsterpop and I used to work for the company so we wanted to see if we'd spot someone we knew. We didn't dare go in for fear our MKs would touch something. We didn't see our former co-worker so we sped up our pace and headed toward Tomorrow Land. My sister in law arrived with our youngest niece who is close to my MK#4's age. We stood around for a little bit trying to decided which would be our first ride together. Actually, it was the wait time signs that helped determine what we were going to ride first. Space Mountain's wait time was close to an hour, Star Tours, and Buzz were almost 45 minutes long too. We decided, 'Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage' was going to be first because the wait time was a 33 minutes. I have childhood memories of this ride before it was Nemo themed. I remember the subs being gray and the air was stuffy. Once the capsule closed this time, I was thankful for air cycling through so my Closterphbia wouldn't go into over drive. I really liked the Nemo Sub Voyage. The story line is cute and both sides of the subs saw the same narrations, I didn't feel cheated.

After that ride was over, we walked over to Space Mountain to get Fast Passes. Fast Pass time was to be around 6:15PM. Why so late?! Whatever! Let's move on I thought. The smell of food lured us to Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. I decided to have a walnut, grape, and blue cheese salad. It was very yummy. With bellies full, we waddled over to Autotopia. At the Magic Kingdom, the whole track is themed around the Indianapolis 500. So, seeing the DL track without the Indy theme made me feel a little sad. My wonderful SIL volunteered to watch the youngest munchkins as Monsterpop and I took the other kids on the ride. After that ride, the park felt more packed so we decided to head over to Calfornia Adventure. It was there we had our own '2319' moment straight out of the movie, Monsters Inc. ***
42c2b458.png

I'm going to keep stringing you along folks, so have some string cheese while you wait.:hourglass:
1216764696-79332_full.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter