• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACK!! I made Cali Grill reservations for 9:10pm for another Halloween night! Since dining alone I don't think I'll take an hour to eat, can I hang out by the bar or will I have to stay on the balcony waiting?

Hopefully someone else can respond. I have reservations there on Oct 31st non party night for me, though I doubt I'll have time to watch the fireworks there due to Sleepy Hollow Event. I believe you can hang out there or leave, your receipt will get you into the private viewing area?

September 30th is 9 out of 34! Not bad, I hope it stays true and my itinerary can be accomplished without much trouble!

September 30th/Me, myself and I!

1:00 - Enter Magic Kingdom (AP)
1:00-3:30 - Fastpass for 7D, BTMRR and Pirates, watch Festival of Fantasy by Liberty Tree Tavern
3:30-4:00 - Get wristband at Phillarmagic.
4:05-5:15 - get in line for Jack and Sally
5:15-5:30 - Meet Jack and Sally
5:35-6:00 - dinner at CHH - Mobile Ordering
6:00-6:30 - buy party merch at Emporium, get SotMK card
6:30-6:55 - Magic Shots outside MK
7:00 - be at Main street for the official party announcement
7:05-7:30 - Meet Mickey in his Halloween Oufit.
7:30-8:00 - Meet Donald and Daisy
8:00-9:30 - treat or trick, magic shots, see the Cadaver Dans for 10 minutes (8pm), see Madame Carlota for 10 minutes (8:20pm)
9:10-9:30 - Meet Goofy (if possible)
9:30-9:45 - get a snack and a drink and a bathroom break because....
9:45 - grab a spot by the Partners Statue. Stay there TILL THE SECOND PARADE IS OVER.
10:15-10:35 - HalloWishes (12m)
10:45 - Hocus Pocus (20m)
11:15 - second Parade (25m)
11:30-12:00 - Treat or Trick
12:00 - be at Fantasyland and SLOWLY make your way towars the front of the park. Try to be the last one to leave the park.

Your rides are done earlier and with FP's so I doubt there should be an issue. After that it's all meet & greets and party exclusive items, the way it's planned at this point looks solid which is the most important aspect. :-)

I have not...I didn't even realize there was a guest list thread. :rolleyes1

Thanks @FoxC63
I just found the thread and added my info :)

Sorry for not including the link o_O
Last day at Kroger to fill up on gas to save $35! :drive:

If by chance you have not checked in on the Guest List thread, please do so. Here's the link:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mnsshp-guest-list-thread-read-post-2-before-posting.3671224/"]Official 2018 MNSSHP Guest List Thread (READ POST 2 before posting!)[/URL]
:thanks:

It will be "Crowds will be heavy for character meets and parades." but things will even out later in the evening. And those popular rides we love so much will be easy peasy. You and yours are going to have a wonderful time.
We will still have a whole other morning dedicated to MK so I'm not worried about getting any rides in during the two parties. We will probably stick to things that are exclusive to the party. I mainly want to try snacks, buy merchandise, and watch the parade. I still haven't decided about the dessert party lol. I can't even decide which party would be better to try.

ACK!! I made Cali Grill reservations for 9:10pm for another Halloween night! Since dining alone I don't think I'll take an hour to eat, can I hang out by the bar or will I have to stay on the balcony waiting?

It's fine...as long as you have a receipt from Cali Grill for that day, they'll let you come up to the deck and watch fireworks. :)

It's fine...as long as you have a receipt from Cali Grill for that day, they'll let you come up to the deck and watch fireworks. :)

Where do you go with your receipt? Front desk or at CG? I've never tried this before. TIA!

Hello :wave:

I just thought I'd pop in to say surgery went well (for those that didn't know I had some sinus surgery) and doing well after recovery just got a lot of this to catch up on at the moment.

I saw the post about lightning strikes, we've just had a few days of bad storms, Saturday night we had a storm that gave us 15,000 lightning strikes over the London and South East area in 4 hours. The sky was constantly flashing. A couple of days later we had another storm with very heavy rain, I went to get a train home that would normally take 19 mins and would have been home in about an hour took me about 7 hours to get home.

Hello :wave:

I just thought I'd pop in to say surgery went well (for those that didn't know I had some sinus surgery) and doing well after recovery just got a lot of this to catch up on at the moment.

I saw the post about lightning strikes, we've just had a few days of bad storms, Saturday night we had a storm that gave us 15,000 lightning strikes over the London and South East area in 4 hours. The sky was constantly flashing. A couple of days later we had another storm with very heavy rain, I went to get a train home that would normally take 19 mins and would have been home in about an hour took me about 7 hours to get home.

@Bex258 , Your back! :wave2:

How did your operation go? How are you feeling?

Happy June 1st Everyone!

As some of you already know the dessert parties are open to book and may or may not include the parade viewing. o_O There was a huge discussion on the MAIN Halloween thread and it all started here: Post #2597.
Thanks to @catherine for posting the news, muchas gracias!!! :thumbsup2

upload_2018-6-1_19-7-57.png

Also a big highlight for penny pinchers like me, today is National Donut Day! Yep, it's a thing! Here's one of my favorite sites to show you the ways to save: https://hip2save.com/2018/06/01/national-doughnut-day-freebies-2018/

upload_2018-6-1_19-12-43.png

@anneboleyn reminded me to "focus on the positive aspects" of Disney which brings me to Disney Parks Blogger Mr. Steven Miller, WDW Communications Manager. Now this gentleman is the cats meow in professionalism and king of gentle souls!!! Mega kudos to you sir! In 2016 he and his cohorts made an incredible video titled "2016 Disney Parks Blog Unboxed" which you can see below. It is amusing, wicked and done right! Mr. Miller is one of many bloggers featured on DPB but it is his demeanor and effort that sets him apart and onto his own platform. He puts effort into his articles and takes the time to answer questions in his uplifted happy self. If there was a chance to do a meet & greet with him I'd do it in a New York minute! Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this short as much as I still do!

Last but by no means least, please welcome back @Bex258 who recently had surgery. She's added a great deal of information and photos on the itinerary thread and is a sweet wholesome gal pal! Welcome home! :hug:

Have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited:
Happy June 1st Everyone!

As some of you already know the dessert parties are open to book and may or may not include the parade viewing. o_O There was a huge discussion on the MAIN Halloween thread and it all started here: Post #2597.
Thanks to @catherine for posting the news, muchas gracias!!! :thumbsup2

Also a big highlight for penny pinchers like me, today is National Donut Day! Yep, it's a thing! Here's one of my favorite sites to show you the ways to save: https://hip2save.com/2018/06/01/national-doughnut-day-freebies-2018/

@anneboleyn reminded me to "focus on the positive aspects" of Disney which brings me to Disney Parks Blogger Mr. Steven Miller, WDW Communications Manager. Now this gentleman is the cats meow in professionalism and king of gentle souls!!! Mega kudos to you sir! In 2016 he and his cohorts made an incredible video titled "2016 Disney Parks Blog Unboxed" which you can see below. It is amusing, wicked and done right! Mr. Miller is one of many bloggers featured on DPB but it his demeanor and effort that sets him apart and onto his own platform He puts effort into his articles and takes the time to answer questions in his uplifted happy self. If there was a chance to do a meet & greet with him I'd do it in a New York minute! Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this short as much as I still do!

Last but by no means least, please welcome back @Bex258 who recently had surgery. She's added a great deal of information and photos on the itinerary thread and is a sweet wholesome gal pal! Welcome home! :hug:

Have a wonderful weekend!

You are awesome :)

I'm not sure how their ride predictions factor into your itinerary, currently you have FP's for all your rides. You should be good to go provided Disney allows us to make FP's.
The nephew and wife might book CRT for themselves so I may be the only one following my plan LOL

How early would you recommend getting an outside table at Plaza Icecream?

I know views for the parade will be limited, but at least I could be somewhat comfortable!

@Bex258 , Your back! :wave2:

How did your operation go? How are you feeling?

It went well, that's actually all the surgeon told me. I have a follow up appointment in 3 months. I'm felling alright, I ended up taking 3 weeks off work because it was still aching enough for me to not feel up to it.

-If your a bit squeamish maybe don't read the next paragraph bit until you see the next bit in bold-

After the op and as they were prepping me to go home I was in a waiting area and my throat was dry so I asked and received some water. Then I started coughing and then making choking sounds. The lady next to me handed me her sick bowl just in time. The packing in my nose had fallen out from the back, gone down my throat and came out my mouth along with blood the came slightly spraying out. :scared1: They thought I was actually choking but I couldn't speak with the packing in my mouth and the lady next to me explained. The wheeled me back to the ward area, turns out they've never seen anyone do this before.

They had to phone the surgical team to ask what to do and then they had to pull the packing out of my nose...so the bit that was hanging out my mouth had to go all the way to the back of my throat, through my nose and out. :crazy2: Whilst this was happening I was a bit of a mess partly because it was a bit scary and also because I was so close to leaving and I had just changed back into my clothes and I thought there must be blood all over it. They gave me another hour to make sure I was ok and then the assistant nurse took my catheter out and that squirted blood out as well, all on my jeans.

I was sort of famous for an hour because the story got around the ward staff, they joked it was my new party trick, that I never want to do again. My mum did manage to get all the blood stains off my jeans though :worship:.

-It safe to read again- :D

I can laugh about it now though, it would only happen to me. :rotfl2: I was taken care of and then I went home to recover, biggest challenge was having something to eat, the big padding at the bottom of my nose meant I couldn't see where I was putting my food so I had to eat with a mirror and it was a bit sore to eat and chewy food for about a week or so. I got very bored of eating Mac and Cheese :rotfl:. Seems to be healing up fine, still tender to touch and I can't wear my glasses at the computer for too long just yet.

I got this get well gift from my work colleagues :lovestruc:earsboy:

41800570034_f3da00f770.jpg

It went well, that's actually all the surgeon told me. I have a follow up appointment in 3 months. I'm felling alright, I ended up taking 3 weeks off work because it was still aching enough for me to not feel up to it.

-If your a bit squeamish maybe don't read the next paragraph bit until you see the next bit in bold-

After the op and as they were prepping me to go home I was in a waiting area and my throat was dry so I asked and received some water. Then I started coughing and then making choking sounds. The lady next to me handed me her sick bowl just in time. The packing in my nose had fallen out from the back, gone down my throat and came out my mouth along with blood the came slightly spraying out. :scared1: They thought I was actually choking but I couldn't speak with the packing in my mouth and the lady next to me explained. The wheeled me back to the ward area, turns out they've never seen anyone do this before.

They had to phone the surgical team to ask what to do and then they had to pull the packing out of my nose...so the bit that was hanging out my mouth had to go all the way to the back of my throat, through my nose and out. :crazy2: Whilst this was happening I was a bit of a mess partly because it was a bit scary and also because I was so close to leaving and I had just changed back into my clothes and I thought there must be blood all over it. They gave me another hour to make sure I was ok and then the assistant nurse took my catheter out and that squirted blood out as well, all on my jeans.

I was sort of famous for an hour because the story got around the ward staff, they joked it was my new party trick, that I never want to do again. My mum did manage to get all the blood stains off my jeans though :worship:.

-It safe to read again- :D

I can laugh about it now though, it would only happen to me. :rotfl2: I was taken care of and then I went home to recover, biggest challenge was having something to eat, the big padding at the bottom of my nose meant I couldn't see where I was putting my food so I had to eat with a mirror and it was a bit sore to eat and chewy food for about a week or so. I got very bored of eating Mac and Cheese :rotfl:. Seems to be healing up fine, still tender to touch and I can't wear my glasses at the computer for too long just yet.

I got this get well gift from my work colleagues :lovestruc:earsboy:

41800570034_f3da00f770.jpg

You poor dear! Omg, this sounds absolutely brutal! When they pulled out the gauze were you in pain or were you still numb? This is sending chills down my back! :scared: Glad you're able to laugh about it now.

So happy to hear you're on the mend and I wish you a very speedy recovery! Love, love love your new Pandora charm! That was very thoughtful and kind of your colleagues! You deserve it Bex! :hug:

Last edited:
How early would you recommend getting an outside table at Plaza Icecream?

I know views for the parade will be limited, but at least I could be somewhat comfortable!

Hmm, no one has ever asked this before so I'm not sure how to answer your question. What I can do is show you what your view would look like...
upload_2018-6-2_19-15-37.png
To me this image shows you really have no view of the parade. Guests will be deep on Main Street sitting and standing blocking your view. On the other side of the park in Liberty Square, there are places you can sit down and watch the parade with no one blocking your view.
upload_2018-6-2_19-25-21.png
At the Hall of Presidents you have these brick planters to sit on and they are framed with a black metal fence which is perfect for back support. To secure these spots you might have to arrive 30 to 45 minutes prior to the parade. It really depends on your crowd level which is easier to gauge when you're there. Keep your eye on this area and the time.

EDIT: Liberty Square and not Frontierland o_O

Last edited:
Hmm, no one has ever asked this before so I'm not sure how to answer your question. What I can do is show you what your view would look like...
View attachment 326822
To me this images shows you really have no view of the parade. Guests will be deep on Main Street sitting and standing blocking your view. On the other side of the park in Frontierland, there are places you can sit down and watch the parade with no one blocking your view.
View attachment 326824
At the Hall of Presidents you have these brick planters to sit on and they are framed with a black metal fence which is perfect for back support. To secure these spots you might have to arrive 30 to 45 minutes prior to the parade. It really depends on your crowd level which is easier to gauge when you're there. Keep your eye on this area and the time.
You're an amazing person and incredible with your advice. You just sealed the deal and I won't be booking the dessert party and I'll be stalking those spots for the parade and the fireworks. I need to rework my itinerary and I'll update my original post when I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter