“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

First time MNSSHP goer here - I notice in everyones photos and plans that nobody is wearing a wig. Is doing so insanity - we're going October 24th? I'm planning to go as Ariel but in her Kiss the Girl outfit, and my own hair just doesn't do it justice.

I went to Tokyo for Halloween last year and went as Anna (pic included) to swerve the wig but sadly this dress doesn't meet the WDW hemline rules.

Also if it isn't total madness, tips for keeping it on? I don't want to give someone a shock on BTM.

Honestly the hem is just fine! Last year there were many women in long gowns. I wish I would have taken a picture of them too. So no worries there. I think they don't want one that has a long train.
Wig, hmm I know they sometimes come with a nylon cap like panty hose fabric. If not you can always get one at the Halloween stores very cheaply. Bobby pins! Gotta use bobby pins to keep the cap on which helps prevent the wig from sliding off. You might even have to use a few bobby pins to keep the wig on the cap as well.

Dang girl, gorgeous dress! :love: How was Japan on Halloween compared to MNSSHP? Is it the same? We went there during their Easter celebration. Fun, fun fun!

Any ideas if I can re-purpose these dresses to be Disney character? (also, a so not humble brag that we got to see Hamilton!)

32699945_10160794856185001_3971399427880386560_n.jpg

Re-purpose! Oh! sacrilege! Just kidding!!! Oh, man there's a lot of fabric there. Are you sure you want to cut things up? I'd try to sell them first!

Last year I went to my first MNSSHP with my adult daughter. I didn't expect to be going again this year, but the first party is the last night of our trip. I made my daughter the blue provincial Belle dress from the animated movie, and I went as the animated Mrs. Potts in her human form. (My skills are nowhere near those of you here--they were simple costumes.)

This year, I'll be with my 19-year old son and my husband. So far, I'm not having a lot of luck convincing them to wear costumes, but I'm looking for some simple ideas. If they are still against it, I have a Minnie Mouse outfit that I made for a 5K that I think will work. I just need to make (or buy) new ears because the ones that I have I put onto a winter headband (October is much cooler up here).

I love seeing what everyone else is doing!

Re-purpose! Oh! sacrilege! Just kidding!!! Oh, man there's a lot of fabric there. Are you sure you want to cut things up? I'd try to sell them first!

No sellling or cutting! I spent way to much time on them! They'll go in the dress up box if nothing else :)

I'm considering getting this Snow White dress for me and the Dopey accesories for my DH and see if I can find a shirt or tunic or something to make him more like Dopey.

Snow2.jpg Snow.jpg 41dKLhJUonL._SX425_.jpg

I've already got a fairy costume that is a very light fabric and is probably more appropriate for the temperature though, so we'll see what we end up doing. The skirt is too long for me though, and I can't sow, but I might try and see if I can do something about it.

61aF2Ud738L._UY741_.jpg

Last year I went to my first MNSSHP with my adult daughter. I didn't expect to be going again this year, but the first party is the last night of our trip. I made my daughter the blue provincial Belle dress from the animated movie, and I went as the animated Mrs. Potts in her human form. (My skills are nowhere near those of you here--they were simple costumes.)

This year, I'll be with my 19-year old son and my husband. So far, I'm not having a lot of luck convincing them to wear costumes, but I'm looking for some simple ideas. If they are still against it, I have a Minnie Mouse outfit that I made for a 5K that I think will work. I just need to make (or buy) new ears because the ones that I have I put onto a winter headband (October is much cooler up here).

I love seeing what everyone else is doing!

I can understand the hesitation for men and teens not wanting to wear costumes however, Disneybounding might be your answer. You can pick up a few things if needed and ask them to wear it without mentioning they look like a specific character. Here's a great link to help you get started: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-bounding-boundries.3622156/"]Disney Bounding Boundries...[/URL]

Also with Father's Day right around the corner Sunday, June 17th you should be able to score some great savings!

If my son & husband decided not to dress up I still would and make sure I did a ton of solo magic shots to boot! Nothing like giving a calendar of their favorite person for Christmas with a note "See what you missed!" ;) :laughing:

I'm considering getting this Snow White dress for me and the Dopey accesories for my DH and see if I can find a shirt or tunic or something to make him more like Dopey.

View attachment 326380 View attachment 326381 View attachment 326382

I've already got a fairy costume that is a very light fabric and is probably more appropriate for the temperature though, so we'll see what we end up doing. The skirt is too long for me though, and I can't sow, but I might try and see if I can do something about it.

View attachment 326385

Those are beautiful costumes!!! Do you have any friends you can reach out to? Maybe their mother knows how to sew. Someone in your inner circle must know at least a seamstress to recommend. Ask your husbands coworkers too.

Sewing Corner

upload_2018-6-1_20-51-50.png

My friend who is a manager at JoAnn's in Rochester Hills, MI shared a gem with me today, on Sunday, June 3rd clearance fabrics will be an additional 30% off! I hope you find the same at your location for this one day only sale!

Hello everyone! I'm jumping in to ask for some help. For anyone who may be looking to put together items for a Disneybounding style costume, where do you shop for that?

I am Disneybounding as Castle Belle but am having trouble finding shorts/skirts/skorts/capris in yellow (I already have my top). At least, in my size and of a length I am willing to wear. Our party is mid-September (it'll be warm) and I canNOT sew. I've been roaming my local stores, and scanning online to no avail.

I also have a Village Belle (noticing a theme? ;-) and an Alice in Wonderland ready to go. It's the stinkin' yellow bottom that is messing with me.

TIA!

Hello everyone! I'm jumping in to ask for some help. For anyone who may be looking to put together items for a Disneybounding style costume, where do you shop for that?

I am Disneybounding as Castle Belle but am having trouble finding shorts/skirts/skorts/capris in yellow (I already have my top). At least, in my size and of a length I am willing to wear. Our party is mid-September (it'll be warm) and I canNOT sew. I've been roaming my local stores, and scanning online to no avail.

I also have a Village Belle (noticing a theme? ;-) and an Alice in Wonderland ready to go. It's the stinkin' yellow bottom that is messing with me.

TIA!
Maybe try a yellow tutu with shorts under? I know they sell different colored tutus at Party City.

TIA!

In doing a quick google search "women's yellow shorts" I found a few online:
https://www.talbots.com/online/search/ntt-shorts

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sanctu.../Clothing&fashioncolor=Yellow&color=pineapple

https://www.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/womens-shorts/Color_normal/Yellow?id=5344

Maybe try a yellow tutu with shorts under? I know they sell different colored tutus at Party City.

I had not thought of that at all. I'll take a look. Thank you!

I found Macy's and two of the shorts can work for me. I did not look at Talbots, and am seeing even more promising ideas. Thanks so much!! :-)

I’m Disneybounding as Jack. I have everything ready and it looks great but I’m a bit torn on my makeup. I’m a redhead so I’m inclined to use a Sally inspired makeup.

I looked around and here’s the one I most liked:
67E01201-0723-410E-BC69-EADA71A82B41.jpeg
Would this look strange with a Jack Skellington Disneybound?

I’m Disneybounding as Jack. I have everything ready and it looks great but I’m a bit torn on my makeup. I’m a redhead so I’m inclined to use a Sally inspired makeup.

I looked around and here’s the one I most liked:
View attachment 326715
Would this look strange with a Jack Skellington Disneybound?
I think it looks cool, but it does make me think more of Sally than Jack.

TIA!
I would try eBay or Poshmark.

I’m Disneybounding as Jack. Would this look strange with a Jack Skellington Disneybound?

I think it looks cool, but it does make me think more of Sally than Jack.

I have to agree. This looks more like Sally, it's well done and beautiful but if you're questioning it then you know it's not quite right. ;) You have the striped jump suite right? I personally wouldn't wear make up but I would wear a white hat and white gloves. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter