“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

I have to agree. This looks more like Sally, it's well done and beautiful but if you're questioning it then you know it's not quite right. ;) You have the striped jump suite right? I personally wouldn't wear make up but I would wear a white hat and white gloves. ::yes::
I have the jumpsuit, the necklace and the hat, but I hadn't thought of gloves! And I do have white gloves that I used last party for my Minnie disneybound.

I really want to put on some makeup though, so might invest in a very light foundation, dark eye shadow and eye liner, lashes and a dark lipstick.

I have the jumpsuit, the necklace and the hat, but I hadn't thought of gloves! And I do have white gloves that I used last party for my Minnie disneybound.

I really want to put on some makeup though, so might invest in a very light foundation, dark eye shadow and eye liner, lashes and a dark lipstick.

Fun! This sounds much better. To be honest, you're very beautiful and covering all that up isn't key. If you were to wear regular foundation, smokey eyes, soft pink blush and red lipstick you'd be done. When you think of creating a Jack look, you'll need to include your neck and shoulders and and and. The potential for this to get on your outfit has increased ten fold and it will be present on any photograph taken of you. Just saying. :flower3:

Do you see the difference between her face and neck? This is not pretty. You need continuity.
upload_2018-6-2_19-48-12.png

The return shipping would kill the deal for me especially if the item didn't fit. Going through department stores and using store pick up is the way to go plus returns are easy and free.
I usually find out what brand I'm getting in the store along w/ color and size and just search for that exactly thing online and make sure the seller is US based.

I really want to disneybound or dress-up as the disney teacups, preferably the pink or mint teacups! Does anybody have any ideas or seen any inspo they can point me too?! Thanks!!

Did you try googling "women's mint dresses" or skirts? A few popped up for me.

Disney has Alice in Wonderland Teacup Hair Clip $9.99
upload_2018-6-3_11-28-9.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/alice-in...L-Dcom&att=DcomM_Blogs_Style_dressshop_190917

Etsy has this cute top $21 plus $5.50 shipping - ouch!
upload_2018-6-3_11-25-32.png
Which has several colors and can be worn multiple times on your vacation with different bottoms or skirts.
If you have an American Express I believe there is a coupon that will save you $10?
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/603455...teacup shirt&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&more_colors=1

Amazon has this cute Tea Cup scarf $12.99
upload_2018-6-3_11-35-13.png
You could wear it as a sash around your waist, use it as a hair band or a scarf around your neck.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/White-Teacup-Print-Design-Square/dp/B01N2X5M6E

Also google "Disneybounding inspired Tea Cups" for more inspiration. :-)

Did you try googling "women's mint dresses" or skirts? A few popped up for me.

Disney has Alice in Wonderland Teacup Hair Clip $9.99
View attachment 326940
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/alice-in...L-Dcom&att=DcomM_Blogs_Style_dressshop_190917

Etsy has this cute top $21 plus $5.50 shipping - ouch!
View attachment 326938
Which has several colors and can be worn multiple times on your vacation with different bottoms or skirts.
If you have an American Express I believe there is a coupon that will save you $10?
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/603455372/mad-hatters-teacups-ride-its-tea-time?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=disney teacup shirt&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&more_colors=1

Amazon has this cute Tea Cup scarf $12.99
View attachment 326944
You could wear it as a sash around your waist, use it as a hair band or a scarf around your neck.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/White-Teacup-Print-Design-Square/dp/B01N2X5M6E

Also google "Disneybounding inspired Tea Cups" for more inspiration. :-)

Thank you thank you!! I kept getting pics of actual teacups LOL going to spend my afternoon looking into all of this!

I usually find out what brand I'm getting in the store along w/ color and size and just search for that exactly thing online and make sure the seller is US based.

I find that sizes differ from item to item even within the same brand. I have Eileen Fisher tops ranging in sizes from Misses xxsmall to small petite that's a huge difference in sizes. Definitely sizing control is an issue no matter.

I can understand the hesitation for men and teens not wanting to wear costumes however, Disneybounding might be your answer. You can pick up a few things if needed and ask them to wear it without mentioning they look like a specific character. Here's a great link to help you get started: Disney Bounding Boundries...

Also with Father's Day right around the corner Sunday, June 17th you should be able to score some great savings!

If my son & husband decided not to dress up I still would and make sure I did a ton of solo magic shots to boot! Nothing like giving a calendar of their favorite person for Christmas with a note "See what you missed!" ;) :laughing:

Definitely agree with Disneybounding, or maybe at least getting them a t-shirt that will match to your outfit somewhat. I'm thinking of getting a Sally costume to wear and hubby agreed to wear a Jack shirt at least like this:
i-am-jack-skellington-costume-t-shirt-front.jpg

Decided to do a Mary Poppins and Bert Jolly Holiday Disneybound. I'm wearing the Mary Poppins Dress Shop dress, and then i found this adorable vest with the jolly holiday stripes on etsy for my husband to wear (cause the full jacket is TOO HOT!). Can't wait for it to come from etsy so we can see it in person!

Definitely agree with Disneybounding, or maybe at least getting them a t-shirt that will match to your outfit somewhat. I'm thinking of getting a Sally costume to wear and hubby agreed to wear a Jack shirt at least like this:
i-am-jack-skellington-costume-t-shirt-front.jpg

This is perfect! Love this idea and shirt big time!

They were still there when we were in April, so it has been a couple of months. I have seen them on Ebay, and there's knock-offs on Etsy, too.

Costume Update

I have been going back and forth on my patterns for Dr. Watson and have decided to use two patterns to piece it all together. I really the jacket and bustier in Simplicity 2172
upload_2018-6-4_13-57-43.png

and the simple umbrella skirt in Simplicity 1558 without all the hooks as seen.
upload_2018-6-4_13-59-12.png

I found enough burgundy fabric at JoAnn's and have already washed it. It's time to start sewing!

I also purchased these shoes...
upload_2018-6-4_13-52-29.png

Spring Step Heroic Bootie / Brown Multi
Kinda funky in a cool way, the colors include black, brown and burgundy so picking out a handbag won't be an issue as I have all three colors in various styles! :laughing:

@WillowRain
I need help!!!! Family of 5. Me, dad, girls will be 7 but they are 11 months apart so 1 is bigger, and almost 3 year old boy. We need costume help! I look all over pinterest and the net and I am coming up meh. Hubs will probably only want to wear a tshirt and shorts, so as creative as I can get with that. The rest of us can wear anything that is allowed. Help me out with ideas! We go Sept 9th.

Wreck it Ralph Characters!
You - Sergeant Calhoun
upload_2018-6-4_14-40-22.png

Dad - Ralph or Fix-It Felix Jr.
upload_2018-6-4_14-41-59.png

DD11 - Vanellope
upload_2018-6-4_14-42-15.png

DD7 - Candlehead
upload_2018-6-4_14-43-25.png

DS3 - Clyde or a piece of candy (using a onesie for either costume)
upload_2018-6-4_14-45-47.png

Candy Corn Link: https://snapguide.com/guides/make-a-candy-corn-onesie-by-hand/
You can hand sew it or use fabric glue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter