•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

@Sanwich and @GrandCalifornian thank you for the input. Studios and 1 Bedrooms is what we are looking at. We've always stayed at the value resorts but decided to step up our resort game and get into the DVC. This availability issue was something I missed in my research. Why does Disney make things so difficult lol
I've owned DVC for 15 years and enjoyed it, and as mentioned above, I also don't want to be too gloomy. However, to answer that last sentence: money. Disney realized that by building cabins or bungalows (or whatever they'll be called at Reflections), they can offer more points. People are mesmerized by the cachet of cabins and bungalows, and visions of staying there dance in their heads. The reality is, however, that a relative few buy enough points to be able to stay more than a night or two in a cabin or bungalow. What's the alternative? Stretch the points you have and book a studio. So, if a DVC agent sits down with a potential buyer and waxes eloquent about the cabins at CCV, and then the buyer purchases 200 points, all seems well. . .except when said buyer later realizes that he/she doesn't want to bank and borrow to stay 4-5 nights but would rather stay at the new resort most every year. That means a studio and that means more competition for them. Good luck with your decision!

I am so happy, today we become proud owners of a nice 100pt contract at CCV!! Our UY is June. It was sent to Disney on 5/3 and today found out Disney waived their ROFR. We now have two homes, BLT and CCV. My family fell in love with CCV during our trip there last April (which we are able to get at 7 month is out, in a studio, so it is possible). DH insisted that if we added on it had to be here and it is. One of these years my goal is to be there for Christmas!

Welcome and congratulations.pooh:

I am so happy, today we become proud owners of a nice 100pt contract at CCV!! Our UY is June. It was sent to Disney on 5/3 and today found out Disney waived their ROFR. We now have two homes, BLT and CCV. My family fell in love with CCV during our trip there last April (which we are able to get at 7 month is out, in a studio, so it is possible). DH insisted that if we added on it had to be here and it is. One of these years my goal is to be there for Christmas!

:welcome: and Congrats! So exciting when you pass ROFR! CCV is just beautiful and I think it’s the perfect home away from home! Christmas week would be amazing!! We typically go for Thanksgiving and there’s NOTHING else like it! I’ll be sure to get you up on the Owners List!

*WELCOME HOME!*

:welcome: and Congrats! So happy for you! Isn’t it beautiful?! Did you book your welcome home visit yet? What is your Use Year? I’ll get you up on Page 1 along with the other Owners!! Congrats again and

*WELCOME HOME!*

Thank you! We did book our welcome home visit last week!
Our use year is December

MIGHT be off topic - but worth noting?

NO DVC Resort is truly "sold out". With a little patience, one can buy DIRECT (or resale) points at ANY of these.

So the tried & true advice sticks: "Buy where you want to STAY". If you have to call DVC, tell em where you WANT to stay? You can get anything. You MAY have to wait... but DVC repossess points, forecloses on points, and generally re-acquires points every day of the week, for all properties.

True story: DW & I wanted BRV in 2012. A "sold out" DVC. We called. We explained that if WDW wanted the money? We would get this.
Two weeks went by. And we had 270 points, direct from Disney.

But wait - there is MORE :). We wanted 30 more points, BRV, same use year - in 2018, direct from Disney :). Remember - BRV is "sold out" :).
Took us two weeks :).

So - when visiting those DVC Kiosks? Just because Aulani, SSR, Riveara. CCV are being pushed? You do not have to buy this stuff. "Buy where you want to STAY" - GET that 11 month booking window? And please - don't finance. We love you, and financing is death on a stick :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

MIGHT be off topic - but worth noting?

NO DVC Resort is truly "sold out". With a little patience, one can buy DIRECT (or resale) points at ANY of these.

So the tried & true advice sticks: "Buy where you want to STAY". If you have to call DVC, tell em where you WANT to stay? You can get anything. You MAY have to wait... but DVC repossess points, forecloses on points, and generally re-acquires points every day of the week, for all properties.

True story: DW & I wanted BRV in 2012. A "sold out" DVC. We called. We explained that if WDW wanted the money? We would get this.
Two weeks went by. And we had 270 points, direct from Disney.

But wait - there is MORE :). We wanted 30 more points, BRV, same use year - in 2018, direct from Disney :). Remember - BRV is "sold out" :).
Took us two weeks :).

So - when visiting those DVC Kiosks? Just because Aulani, SSR, Riveara. CCV are being pushed? You do not have to buy this stuff. "Buy where you want to STAY" - GET that 11 month booking window? And please - don't finance. We love you, and financing is death on a stick :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Here's another anecdote to add to Dean's. We took a tour of the then brand new Copper Creek demo rooms. We weren't interested in those, but had a passing thought to buy BLT as we love to stay there when MK is our focus. The sales agent said that wasn't an active resort vis-a-vis sales; however, he said he'd go check to see if there might happen to be anything. Ten minutes later, he came back and said there was a 128-pt contract available at BLT, and we could buy any portion (or all) of those points. We wound up opting out due to not wanting to make that financial commitment for such a long term. The point is, if you want a resort, chances are they can find something if you're willing to be a little patient.

I know it can be difficult to get a room at WL/CCV during the holidays. I am a non-owner hoping to rent points for a CCV studio during the holidays in 2020. Would you expect more availability the week of Thanksgiving or the week before Christmas (ie December 19-24)? I am also open to a BRV studio if that would be easier to get. Thanks in advance!

I know it can be difficult to get a room at WL/CCV during the holidays. I am a non-owner hoping to rent points for a CCV studio during the holidays in 2020. Would you expect more availability the week of Thanksgiving or the week before Christmas (ie December 19-24)? I am also open to a BRV studio if that would be easier to get. Thanks in advance!

IMO BRV will be easier.

Thanksgiving itself is popular although most places if you're booking the entire week it's not terrible to get at 11 months. The week before Christmas can be easier but I don't think that was the case with CCV this year.

IMO BRV will be easier.

Thanksgiving itself is popular although most places if you're booking the entire week it's not terrible to get at 11 months. The week before Christmas can be easier but I don't think that was the case with CCV this year.
Agree that VWL (BRV if you must) would be slightly easier. Neither date is going to be easy; however, the week before Christmas is insanely popular because (a) it's the week before Christmas, and (b) it's the second cheapest season for point usage. I think your odds of securing a room at Thanksgiving would be slightly better than the week before Christmas.

Agree that VWL (BRV if you must) would be slightly easier. Neither date is going to be easy; however, the week before Christmas is insanely popular because (a) it's the week before Christmas, and (b) it's the second cheapest season for point usage. I think your odds of securing a room at Thanksgiving would be slightly better than the week before Christmas.

Thanks, I had seen that the points were lower just before Christmas which seemed strange to me but also had me worried about that week. I think it would likely be smart to try for Thanksgiving and, if we can't get it, try for the other. If we tried Christmas first and had to revert back to Thanksgiving, I doubt that anything would be available.

:welcome:and Congrats! Isn’t the Lodge just beautiful?! We were showing family pictures of the lobby at Christmas yesterday, and they said they couldn’t believe how incredible it was. I’d like to add you to the Owners Lineup on Page 1! What’s your UY? Hope to see you around!

*WELCOME HOME!*
Thanks for the warm welcome! We have a February UY

We go Thanksgiving week and the week after - have been since 2004! The week of Thanksgiving, of course, is very crowded (especially when compared to the week after!) I do love being there for a holiday though!!! EVERYTHING is Christmas at that time!!! The sights and sounds, the food - and I Love it!!! I’d recommend Cape May Cafe for Thanksgiving dinner, they do a nice job! Have fun!!
Any experience with the second week of December, crowd wise? We will be there this year. Have never been at Christmas. This is also our “fixed” week.

I am petermac/October2017/June Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Poly in a studio. Next stay is at CCV Nov. 13-20 in a 1BR. Just returned Saturday night and I'm ready to go back!

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy you found us! How was your trip? I hope you had a great time! I’m sure you’re looking forward to a one bedroom at Copper Creek! I love all the space it offers! Thank you for all your information, I’ll be sure to get you up on the owners list and put your vacation days up there as well!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Bought DVC at end of last year (Suzanne718*November 2018*June) with CCV as home resort but our first stay is actually coming up in a few weeks at Vero Beach. Really excited about our first DVC trip but also look forward to being able to stay at CCV next year.

:welcome: and Congrats!! Welcome to our little board! We’re happy to have you! That’s so exciting you are staying at Vero beach in a couple weeks! I’ve never been, so please let us know how it was! Thank you for posting your information string! I will be sure to get you up on page one!

*WELCOME HOME!*

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy you found us! How was your trip? I hope you had a great time! I’m sure you’re looking forward to a one bedroom at Copper Creek! I love all the space it offers! Thank you for all your information, I’ll be sure to get you up on the owners list and put your vacation days up there as well!

*WELCOME HOME!*
Thanks! It was fun(aren't they all?). It was my first time at the Poly, and I liked the resort. I loved the convenience of being so close to the TTC. I had a Lake view, and that was nice. Overall, I still prefer WL. Weather was hot, but blue skies all day every day, so that was amazing! I enjoyed the DVC Moonlight Magic event in Epcot -- what a great perk! Did the member tour of Soarin' too, and KTTK. Enjoyed both, so it was definitely a very memorable vacation.

Thanks! It was fun(aren't they all?). It was my first time at the Poly, and I liked the resort. I loved the convenience of being so close to the TTC. I had a Lake view, and that was nice. Overall, I still prefer WL. Weather was hot, but blue skies all day every day, so that was amazing! I enjoyed the DVC Moonlight Magic event in Epcot -- what a great perk! Did the member tour of Soarin' too, and KTTK. Enjoyed both, so it was definitely a very memorable vacation.

Sounds like you had a great trip! So lucky you got to do Moonlight Magic! They never fall during our vacations! I also stayed at Poly for the first time this past summer and we really enjoyed it as well! Happy you had a great time! Your next trip isn’t too far away! I will also be going in November, but we arrive on Thanksgiving! I put your information, as well as your next vacation dates, on page one! Make sure you visit us often!

Sounds like you had a great trip! So lucky you got to do Moonlight Magic! They never fall during our vacations! I also stayed at Poly for the first time this past summer and we really enjoyed it as well! Happy you had a great time! Your next trip isn’t too far away! I will also be going in November, but we arrive on Thanksgiving! I put your information, as well as your next vacation dates, on page one! Make sure you visit us often!
Thanks @mrsap I appreciate it. Yes, it was strictly luck that the event fell during my vacation, and a little planning to register and enjoy it. I have visited more than once in November after Thanksgiving and I love being there that time of year. It's so magical! Would've done the same this time, but my AP expires November 27th, and I wanted to squeeze in a 3rd trip on it. So maybe next year....😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter