• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Anyone want to play Would You Rather? :D

Plan A:
AK until 3:30ish?
CRT @4:45p (party night)
A couple of MK rides (timing dependent)
Check out GF decorations
Contemporary at 8:30 for Pirates and Pals

Plan B:
AK until 2:30ish?
HDDR 4:15p show
Check out Wilderness Lodge decorations
Contemporary at 8:30 for Pirates and Pals

We'll be able to see resort decorations at both resorts at times other than these, so that isn't a now-or-never type thing. :) But an ADR choice needs to be made, and that IS a this trip or next time decision. Any thoughts?
i wish I could do crt but kiddo won't go for it (please mom NO PRINCESSES!) I am doing hddr but I would not do it before another major activity. jmho, I'd pick crt on your case. esp since it's a top 3 of yours.

FYI for those not following the SW thread...the first week of November (only the first week so far) just opened up today to book for the SW dessert party. It's getting closer for us. Slowly but surely!
hopefully only a month more to wait!

Finally bought our park tickets today, just in time for Fast Passes next week!
Also decided I think we are going to get a rental car because we would need to use a cab/Uber a few times anyway and I think it'll end up costing about the same for a rental car. We decided not to take ME from the airport so we can stop at the store (beer!) and hopefully still get to our room sooner than on ME. With a short trip like this, I really want to save as much time as I can when possible!

Man, I am exhausted. Last night after work DH and I went out to the store to buy my baby cousin a birthday gift (his 2nd birthday was today.) That took forever, so we got a late dinner, then he had to stop at Target on the way home for some last minute things. Then we stayed up until 1 am designing our customized skins on Magic Your Band. :eek: Well, DH designed his regular band (Star Wars), and then I designed the ones for our SDFP bands (Christmas themed.) I really hope they turn out well in person. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my regular band yet. I know it will involve some glitter and/or bling, because that's how I roll. :cool2: I just can't decide between doing a Minnie/Daisy themed band or a Princess one.

Today was crazy busy from the moment I got up; Zumba, nail appointment, Target again because I forgot a birthday card. Went to the bday party, and got home a few minutes before the town car showed up to take DH to the airport. He's going to Denmark for a week for work. He's only been gone less than hour and I have no idea what to do with myself. I mean, bed is tempting but I'll wake up at midnight and not be able to fall asleep! I'm hoping to be able to get some decent planning out of the way this week while DH is gone.

And someone mentioned shirts. I would wear matching shirts every single day if DH would let me, but that may be pushing his limit! I have SO many pinned on Pinterest, it's ridiculous. We are definitely doing matching Christmas shirts for MVMCP, I just need to decide which ones. I'd love to do matching Harry Potter shirts for Universal too. I love baseball-style tees (with the 3/4 length sleeves), but DH isn't a fan. My favorite shirts so far are these:
$_35.JPG

il_570xN.1036742363_8vq9.jpg

And for the SW dessert party, these: :rotfl2:
il_570xN.904220716_po6h.jpg

Last edited:

@areno79 for me it was the jump from AK then MK then AK again! I know they have to showcase wdw in so many mins but it's crazy how it looks like you can walk from park to park!

By the way, I should tell you that we need to use @Talby 's term of being open minded instead of being indecisive :P

@LBlovesM&WDW lol, I really appreciate the humour in this group and love contributing! :rotfl:

@Wood Nymph thanks for the info on photo pass photographers :)

@Lisa F great that your son is onboard! Are milkshakes available for breakfast? Are you considering WCC instead of ohana or Boma?

@pigletgirl i have a drawer too! And for my son, I've been collecting shirts from the Disney store since last year! :rotfl2: I just found a Christmas shirt (already) from my last trip there!

Man, I am exhausted. DH and I went out to the store to buy my baby cousin a birthday gift (his 2nd birthday was today.) That took forever, so we got a late dinner, then he had to stop at Target on the way home for some last minute things. Then we stayed up until 1 am designing our customized skins on Magic Your Band. :eek: Well, DH designed his regular band (Star Wars), and then I designed the ones for our SDFP bands (Christmas themed.) I really hope they turn out well in person. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my regular band yet. I know it will involve some glitter and/or bling, because that's how I roll. :cool2: I just can't decide between doing a Minnie/Daisy themed band or a Princess one.

Today was crazy busy from the moment I got up; Zumba, nail appointment, Target again because I forgot a birthday card. Went to the bday party, and got home a few minutes before the town car showed up to take DH to the airport. He's going to Denmark for a week for work. He's only been gone less than hour and I have no idea what to do with myself. I mean, bed is tempting but I'll wake up at midnight and not be able to fall asleep! I'm hoping to be able to get some decent planning out of the way this week while DH is gone.

And someone mentioned shirts. I would wear matching shirts every single day if DH would let me, but that may be pushing his limit! I have SO many pinned on Pinterest, it's ridiculous. We are definitely doing matching Christmas shirts for MVMCP, I just need to decide which ones. I'd love to do matching Harry Potter shirts for Universal too. I love baseball-style tees (with the 3/4 length sleeves), but DH isn't a fan. My favorite shirts so far are these:
$_35.JPG

Wow that's some busy weekend and it's not over yet!! I love the shirts you posted! (Especially love the second one) I found a baseball one that DH liked too but shipping is really killing me! I'm on the fence about getting it now...

@areno79 Those are all super cute; I especially adore the second set!! :love:And lol about doing both CRT and HDDR--that's the BEST answer for sure! ;)

@Wood Nymph That's really helpful to know--thank you!! That's going to work into our plan nicely I think. Well, the original brainstorm plan, before the backup brainstorm plan---which is a WL visit pre-MVMCP plan! lol We'll have something festive on then. :santa:

For everyone who helped me with my CRT vs. HDDR open-mindedness ;)....I appreciate your input!! CRT it is! :yay:

@areno79 for me it was the jump from AK then MK then AK again! I know they have to showcase wdw in so many mins but it's crazy how it looks like you can walk from park to park!

By the way, I should tell you that we need to use @Talby 's term of being open minded instead of being indecisive :P

@LBlovesM&WDW lol, I really appreciate the humour in this group and love contributing! :rotfl:

@Wood Nymph thanks for the info on photo pass photographers :)

@Lisa F great that your son is onboard! Are milkshakes available for breakfast? Are you considering WCC instead of ohana or Boma?

@pigletgirl i have a drawer too! And for my son, I've been collecting shirts from the Disney store since last year! :rotfl2: I just found a Christmas shirt (already) from my last trip there!
still doing 'Ohana for dinner but it is an earlier meal (3:30) and a later breakfast (10:00) so it might not be a bad idea to go somewhere where I can have the yogurt, berry and granola parfait instead of a full buffet given the spacing of the meals . it is also toward the end of our trip so we may be sick of eating by then.

Last edited:
let the packing list begin! ;) did u fly to Oregon? Hope you're having a great trip :)

@Candycane83 yes, we flew to Oregon to surprise my mother in law for her 70th bday. She was so surprised but with two big flight delays due to mechanical issues (couldn't get an affordable nonstop from Washington DC) the trip took 14 hours. Ugh! At least Oregon is beautiful. I hope the flight back on tuesday is much easier!

@Candycane83 yes, we flew to Oregon to surprise my mother in law for her 70th bday. She was so surprised but with two big flight delays due to mechanical issues (couldn't get an affordable nonstop from Washington DC) the trip took 14 hours. Ugh! At least Oregon is beautiful. I hope the flight back on tuesday is much easier!
Oh wow! Happy birthday to your mother in law!! Sucks about the flight delay! Hope that the flight on Tuesday is much better! Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

still doing 'Ohana for dinner but it is an earlier meal (3:30) and a later breakfast (10:00) so it might not be a bad idea to go somewhere where I can have the yogurt, berry and granola parfait instead of a full buffet given the spacing of the meals . it is also toward the end of our trip so we may be sick of eating by then.
Oh that's true since WCC is ala carte :)

@areno79 Those are all super cute; I especially adore the second set!! :love:And lol about doing both CRT and HDDR--that's the BEST answer for sure! ;)

@Wood Nymph That's really helpful to know--thank you!! That's going to work into our plan nicely I think. Well, the original brainstorm plan, before the backup brainstorm plan---which is a WL visit pre-MVMCP plan! lol We'll have something festive on then. :santa:

For everyone who helped me with my CRT vs. HDDR open-mindedness ;)....I appreciate your input!! CRT it is! :yay:
Congratulations! That's great you've 'closed' your mind on this! ;) I still yet have to settle on my last day :p

Man, I am exhausted. Last night after work DH and I went out to the store to buy my baby cousin a birthday gift (his 2nd birthday was today.) That took forever, so we got a late dinner, then he had to stop at Target on the way home for some last minute things. Then we stayed up until 1 am designing our customized skins on Magic Your Band. :eek: Well, DH designed his regular band (Star Wars), and then I designed the ones for our SDFP bands (Christmas themed.) I really hope they turn out well in person. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my regular band yet. I know it will involve some glitter and/or bling, because that's how I roll. :cool2: I just can't decide between doing a Minnie/Daisy themed band or a Princess one.

$_35.JPG

show us your magic band skins. sorry to be short, on my phone lol. want to see!

I have always wanted to go to Oregon! It's seriously on my must visit list! I've gotten as close as Seattle. So sorry about the flight issues though. :(

@Candycane83 What all are you open to on your last day? Is Pirates and Pals off the list officially?

oh wow @Lisa F....that look amazing! :flower:

breaking news: kiddo is on board for WCC breakfast. might be better than Boma for a late breakfast before early 'Ohana too, they have some lighter options if I choose. kiddos eyes got big as saucers at "bottomless milkshakes" lol.

We love WCC for breakfast! Sometimes eating so many big breakfasts on the trip when we go there I go a little lighter and have the oatmeal and the bagel with Nutella and fruit or the Bananas Foster French Toast. The antics have been there even when we go when they first open.

$_35.JPG

OMG Where can you buy these?? I showed DH and he actually liked them, but he did roll his eyes.

@areno79 Since you posted the shirt pics, I have been window shopping on etsy for the last hour or so. I know M won't do a couple one (never gonna happen), but I've found such great shirts for me. Now I just hope it's not too hot that I won't be able to wear slouchy long sleeves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter