2 Credit Dining Suggestions

I totally understand doing it this way for your honeymoon. I would just do a rough estimate of what you would spend out of pocket vs. the dining plan based on what you would eat. You might find that you save a few hundred dollars paying out of pocket that you could use on a romantic cruise to watch illuminations or something similar.

I would second this comment. We are big foodies and love doing signatures. We priced out what we thought we would like to eat at each place regardless of cost and alcohol. We also average a set amount for snacks. We ended up coming in way under the DxDP, even with gratuities added. It was an adjustment not to be bothered by the sticker shock, but we saved and ate whatever we wanted, when we wanted, including snack credits.

You’d be surprised with so much that they’ve added or have to offer, you might not want to eat/drink as much or frequently. Also, there are SO MANY awesome snacks, you might have to miss them so you aren’t too full and “waste” credits at dinner.

Another suggestion would be to look at Club Level options instead. For what the upgrade might be and having access to breakfast food and alcohol, snacks, etc, it might be a good fit.

No matter what, enjoy and congrats! (We just had our honeymoon there this past Nov.)

I really enjoyed Boathouse and STK at Disney Springs. Also had probably the best meal I have had at Disney at Monsieur Paul in Epcot. All are 2 credits.

I had excellent service at Monsieur Paul. Very good server. Just an all around good experience.

My friend said that Morimoto is pretty good. He also suggests California Grill.

Doesn’t the deluxe plan include appetizers for dinner? It’s possible this is only at select restaurants, we were at BOG when I asked, I doubt it matters at buffets. Did you say above that you’re going to do quick service? I’d spend those TS on an actual sit down with waitstaff meal. Other than that I think you’re doing this the right way, celebrate on your honeymoon and don’t worry about the cost that you’ve already paid. Congratulations!

Doesn’t the deluxe plan include appetizers for dinner? It’s possible this is only at select restaurants, we were at BOG when I asked, I doubt it matters at buffets. Did you say above that you’re going to do quick service? I’d spend those TS on an actual sit down with waitstaff meal. Other than that I think you’re doing this the right way, celebrate on your honeymoon and don’t worry about the cost that you’ve already paid. Congratulations!

If what I've read is correct, the 2018 dining plans got rid of appetizers and added alcohol. However, I saw on a YouTube video that some places have a cheese board dessert and a lot of people do that and order it before their meal so it is like an appetizer and then they just split a dessert at the end of the meal.

If you go over to the Disney Dining Plan board you will see that Deluxe still comes with appetizer, so you will each get an appetizer, entrée and dessert (oh yeah and those alcoholic beverages or specialty drink). This is why most people don't do 3 TX on the deluxe plan as it is just to much food. I don't think many people would buy deluxe if they dropped the appetizer!

If you go over to the Disney Dining Plan board you will see that Deluxe still comes with appetizer, so you will each get an appetizer, entrée and dessert (oh yeah and those alcoholic beverages or specialty drink). This is why most people don't do 3 TX on the deluxe plan as it is just to much food. I don't think many people would buy deluxe if they dropped the appetizer!

We may need to bring a cooler for leftovers we bring home, ha!!

It is a lot of food. We really try and plan are meals carefully though. We may have a simple granola bar from home for breakfast and then have an 11:00 ADR for lunch and then use a snack credit later and then dinner around 7:00 at a signature location. We always throw in a character breakfast or 2 as well. Of course leftovers make a great breakfast too! Have you had a chance to check out the menus on Allears yet! They are so helpful in the decision making process!

It is a lot of food. We really try and plan are meals carefully though. We may have a simple granola bar from home for breakfast and then have an 11:00 ADR for lunch and then use a snack credit later and then dinner around 7:00 at a signature location. We always throw in a character breakfast or 2 as well. Of course leftovers make a great breakfast too! Have you had a chance to check out the menus on Allears yet! They are so helpful in the decision making process!

We've been looking at a lot of menus and videos! So far our list is narrowed down to these:
  • Brunch at California Grill
  • Dinner at Morimoto Asia (I found a TripAdvisor review that broke down what the options would be if using the dining plan and that sold us!)
  • Dinner at Tusker House for the Rivers of Light Dining package
  • Dinner at Boathouse
  • Breakfast at CRT
  • Dinner at Be Our Guest (If we can't get dinner, we'll do lunch)
  • Lunch at Coral Reef (strictly for the aquarium, we love them!)
  • Dinner at Monsieur Paul
  • Lunch at Biergarten
  • Dinner at Le Cellier
We are struggling to narrow it down...too many yummy decisions!! :jumping1:

My family went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse a few weeks ago. I had the Ribeye and it had to be the best steak I have ever had! My wife had the Lobster, BUT she got it a different way where they put it in a Thermador and stuff and she didn't like it. She said the flavors were good but they Lobster was chewy. We both had the sweet potato casserole and it was not very good! But the steak I had made the trip worth it and the server we had was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter