2 weeks solo anyone done it?

My longest solo trip was 17 days. I was staying in a DVC studio at WL, and I brought my bike with me to ride through FW, which was fun. I have an AP so I didn’t have to worry about tickets. I scheduled a non-park day every three days or so, to sleep in and relax. It was a great trip. Unfortunately, it was also the catalyst for my company changing our vacation policy so we could only take a week at a time, so I haven’t had another one that long.

I've done it for 3-4 days and loved it. 2 weeks could be pushing the limits. But, as a solo traveler, I never felt slighted at any of the signature restaurants I dined at.

I did a 10 day solo and it was my best trip ever. It was my first time solo and I thought I’d be bored or lonesome, but I wasn’t. I took time to do things I wanted to do that we generally don’t have time for and had the best time. I visited hotels and spent a full morning visiting Disney Springs. I also had a lot of fun just sitting on a bench and soaking it all in.

I haven't visited WDW for a while but when I did I usually did 12 or 13 nights. Time flies by. Depending on when you visit, a seasonal event like MNSSHP can eat up half a day with early MK party entry. Take a day off to play mini golf and explore Disney Springs. You could easily take a day or two to monorail hop and ride the skyliner. Explore resorts you've never been to including Old Key West or French Quarter then take the boat back to Disney Springs. Have a relaxing day at MK by focusing on the quiet less popular attractions. Same with Epcot and make World Showcase and the films a priority. Never a problem putting in time. Enjoy.

I've gone on two week trips many times but not just to WDW. After 4 or 5 days I'm so sick of the mouse that I find myself looking for some giant mouse traps. So I explore the rest of central Florida and beyond for the rest of the time. That was back when you could be spontaneous when it came to deciding what park you wanted to go too. Most of the time that decision was made at breakfast. All but one of my 48 trips to WDW I stayed offsite. One time I made the decision as I approached the entrance to World Drive and in a split second decided to keep driving by and ended up in Silver Springs for the day.

That type of spontaneity is close to impossible now. I made the trip to Florida to go to Florida which is why I usually went in late February and my target destination was WDW each time, but only for whatever days filled my desire. I've been to just about every tourist trap that they have down there and would intersperse my WDW days with breaks between it to see other things. Yes, it did require having a vehicle, which I either rented or drove there but my love for WDW would have faded much sooner if I hadn't found a way to break it up and see something different. Just me, I guess because even though I have talked about my touring style, I have yet to find anyone that does the same thing. I have wandered coast to coast from Tampa to Cocoa Beach. Down to Key west and up to Silver Springs. Drove west from Miami through the Everglades at midnight and was the only car on the road the entire way. I do so miss my ability to do that now.
That sounds like a wonderful way to see Florida:)
My husband and I did a trip like that when we were newlyweds. We traveled all over Florida and stopped for attractions at random. That was before there was a Disneyworld, LOL! Like you say, it is hard to do that type of traveling today with the way WDW is today. We have taken a break from Disney until and if things get back to the way they were (or at least close). Universal and other parks are getting our money now:)

My trips are usually 10 nights and I mostly travel solo now that my kids are grown with their own responsibilities. You didn't say when you would be going. I found that there is most to do during the festivals. I've done F&W, Festival of the Holidays and Festival of the Arts solo. I planned one event or table service dinner for each day. I'm fortunate to have won the DVC points when my marriage broke up and stay in studios at either Boardwalk or Beach Club. There's lots to enjoy during the festivals. I'm a person who likes to relax on the balcony in the morning, and sometimes go back to my room before a dinner. I think coming from the U.K. you have 2 weeks is doable. Remember you travel overnight and will most likely need a slow day for your first day, maybe even your second. Enjoy!

Hey, has anyone ever done 2 weeks solo at WDW or is 2 weeks too much? I’m from the UK so a 2 week vacation is doable
Also from the uk, did two weeks solo last year in October and thought it was great already plan to go back this year. It’s a great experience.

I've done numerous solo trips with the longest being 8 nights. This year I am doig a 10 night trip for the first time and am so excited!

I have 1 night at AS Movies for arrival night after a late flight.Then 5 nights at Boulder Ridge and 4 nights at Old Key West!

I have 14 day UK tickets including waterparks. So happy to be able to purchase these as a Canadian.

I've done numerous solo trips with the longest being 8 nights. This year I am doig a 10 night trip for the first time and am so excited!

I have 1 night at AS Movies for arrival night after a late flight.Then 5 nights at Boulder Ridge and 4 nights at Old Key West!

I have 14 day UK tickets including waterparks. So happy to be able to purchase these as a Canadian.
I think solo travel is wonderful. Family or friend travel also. However when solo, one can truly vacay at whatever pace one chooses on any given day. I travel solo 5 days every year around my birthday to gift myself. I plan friend vacations and family vacations regularly and it is work to be sure but fun. So when solo I just chill and not worry if everyone is having a good time. Really, why would you but when the designated planner especially to WDW it’s a full time job now😂. This year headed to either Old Key West studio or Coronado Springs. Do split stays when solo and have stayed at Coronado regular resort rooms and gran destino as well on every split stay. This year wondered if I should switch to Old Key West studio as my budget option as I have Boardwalk Villas for my deluxe version of the stay. Thought on Old Key West studios? They look nice and I love the vibe especially the balcony. That’s what I miss at Coronado. Granted great and I do enjoy but thought a switch could be good. Looked at the dates for sporting groups for Coronado as it if often the moderate option for the groups and yep they will be there. Nothing wrong with it other than the more crowded buses and honestly the trolling behavior after hours and youthful sounds of excitement at 3 am in the next room haha. Anyway honest opinion for the studio option as by far most budget friendly for my dates as will rent points hopefully.

I think solo travel is wonderful. Family or friend travel also. However when solo, one can truly vacay at whatever pace one chooses on any given day. I travel solo 5 days every year around my birthday to gift myself. I plan friend vacations and family vacations regularly and it is work to be sure but fun. So when solo I just chill and not worry if everyone is having a good time. Really, why would you but when the designated planner especially to WDW it’s a full time job now😂. This year headed to either Old Key West studio or Coronado Springs. Do split stays when solo and have stayed at Coronado regular resort rooms and gran destino as well on every split stay. This year wondered if I should switch to Old Key West studio as my budget option as I have Boardwalk Villas for my deluxe version of the stay. Thought on Old Key West studios? They look nice and I love the vibe especially the balcony. That’s what I miss at Coronado. Granted great and I do enjoy but thought a switch could be good. Looked at the dates for sporting groups for Coronado as it if often the moderate option for the groups and yep they will be there. Nothing wrong with it other than the more crowded buses and honestly the trolling behavior after hours and youthful sounds of excitement at 3 am in the next room haha. Anyway honest opinion for the studio option as by far most budget friendly for my dates as will rent points hopefully.
I would highly recommend Old Key West! It's such a lovely respite from the parks. You really feel as though you are coming "home". I would request an upper floor studio as a solo traveller just to be safe. When we stayed there in March '22, we were in the Turtle Pond Road area in building 34. I really liked this location and we had a lovely water view from our room. The pool area there is fabulous with it's own pool bar (limited hours though). It was about a 10 minute walk to the Hospitality House area and was right across from the bus stop. I think you would really enjoy it!

I would highly recommend Old Key West! It's such a lovely respite from the parks. You really feel as though you are coming "home". I would request an upper floor studio as a solo traveller just to be safe. When we stayed there in March '22, we were in the Turtle Pond Road area in building 34. I really liked this location and we had a lovely water view from our room. The pool area there is fabulous with it's own pool bar (limited hours though). It was about a 10 minute walk to the Hospitality House area and was right across from the bus stop. I think you would really enjoy it!
Thank you for this very helpful information. This site is the best for assistance for so many people. I appreciate your sharing you experience.

OKW is my least favorite resort at WDW. There really is no counter service to speak of, only the pool bar area. And the busses are the worst on property of any resort. We stayed there once and it was a joke. We spoke to several cast members about it and they said that they busses are fewer and far between because most people just end up driving their car. The busses plus the lack of a decent quick service keeps us from staying there ever again.

OKW is my least favorite resort at WDW. There really is no counter service to speak of, only the pool bar area. And the busses are the worst on property of any resort. We stayed there once and it was a joke. We spoke to several cast members about it and they said that they busses are fewer and far between because most people just end up driving their car. The busses plus the lack of a decent quick service keeps us from staying there ever again.
So you hopped on my response to disagree with everything I said?? That's weird.....

The great thing about Disney is that there is something for everyone. If you don't like a resort, pick somewhere else to stay. Those of us who love it there will have less people to contend with in picking a room.

Have a magical day!

Thank you for this very helpful information. This site is the best for assistance for so many people. I appreciate your sharing you experience.
My pleasure! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

So you hopped on my response to disagree with everything I said?? That's weird.....

The great thing about Disney is that there is something for everyone. If you don't like a resort, pick somewhere else to stay. Those of us who love it there will have less people to contend with in picking a room.

Have a magical day!
No, just giving a different perspective. Are we not allowed to say the good and the bad. I think that it is great that you like it. I love SSR and there are a ton of people that disagree with me on that. I don't take it personally.

No, just giving a different perspective. Are we not allowed to say the good and the bad. I think that it is great that you like it. I love SSR and there are a ton of people that disagree with me on that. I don't take it personally.
I'm sorry...I definitely misread your message. It's true that we all have different perspectives on what makes a resort right for us. I share your love of Saratoga...the rooms are stunning with the latest refurb, both the High Rock Springs and Paddock Pool are excellent, the point chart is reasonable and it has easy access to Disney Springs. I am super excited to see hwat they do with the treehouse refurb next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter