2006 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

Disneyjosh229 said:
My question is, after they take them out of the car, where abouts do they put the manuals? Its not like they have a little cubby that says "car 038943". They must just throw them out or something? I know the last three cars ive rented, from Hertz, two of them still had manuals (A Hyundai Tuscon and a Lincolin Town Car) but the Ford Escape did not...

Actually they do try to keep them and match them back up when they put the car up for sale. Most rental car companies have a used car lot!

Arrived 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 2nd, A side.

Several Jeep Libertys, Saturn Auras, Saturn Vues and a new Monte Carlo with 1k miles. We took the Monte Carlo.

On 12/7 (evening) there must have been 6-8 Grand Caravans in EA. We took a Highlander from the Executive.

The morning of Dec.9 there were no minivans/suv's...were many intermediates and some full size cars. I ended up with a loaded impala which was okay....I was hoping for a midsize SUV. Oh well thats the chance I took and the price was great!!

Was there on the morning of December 6th.. 4 vans available.. 1 Kia, 2 Caravans and we took a Buick Terraza CX.. lots of room and really loved it!
I was hoping for a van and I got one!
I had a back up ressie with Dollar just in case I did not get a van because there was 6 of us.. LOVE EA!!!!

sorry for the late addition - Dec 1. Mostly Chevy Classics, but found at the end o fthe isle a Volvo S40 with Moon Roof. I grabbed that....very nice ride!

tmli said:
The morning of Dec.9 there were no minivans/suv's...were many intermediates and some full size cars. I ended up with a loaded impala which was okay....I was hoping for a midsize SUV. Oh well thats the chance I took and the price was great!!

I was there on the same afternoon and there were 3 or 4 minivans, along with several Hyundai Sonata's, chevy classics, and one Saturn Vue. We took the Vue.

Arrived December 28th around 7:45pm or so on the 'A' side (Air Canada recently moved from B to A Side)

Lots of Pontiac G6, 1 Impala (taken by people just ahead of us), no mini-vans nor any Malibu Maxxs, some Hyundai something or other (not sure of model), some PT Cruiser Convertibles (we had too much luggage to use)

We walked the entire aisle and good thing we did - last car on the row, a brand new white 2007 Pontiac G6 GT with a V6 engine and Black Leather with Power Sunroof - amazing car and we thought quite the find for the EA

Cheers
jaysue

Thought I would update this for anyone intrested in TPA...

Jan 12 11AM

10 Chevrolet Malibu
8 Pontiac G6
4 Chrysler Sebring (New 07's)
2 Saturn Aura
1 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1 Hyundai Sonata

We ended up taking a new 2007 Saturn Aura with 5000 mi. It was loaded with leather, sunroof, OnStar, 18 inch wheels and side impact airbags. VERY nice ride for a $45 weekend rental...

Jan 15 11AM (Return)

WOW!! Lots of great upgrades available...

10 Chrysler PT Crusers (NOT convertables)
8 Toyota Highlanders (As far as I could tell they were all BRAND new)
6 Chevrolet HHR
5 Toyota Corollas
3 Dodge Grand Caravans
3 Hyundai Sonatas
2 Chevrolet Monte Carlos

Thanks for the update - that was quite a mix on your return in - I did not think to check on our return

Cheers
jaysue
:dance3:

:thumbsup2
Thanks for the update!
Wow! I hope I get that selection in March!
I arrive at 9 pm . Don't know if that makes it better or worse.
I'll keep my fingers crossed!:drive:

Has anybody peaked at the executive side in the last few weeks? we get there on the 20th and just got our executive card..

Has anybody peaked at the executive side in the last few weeks? we get there on the 20th and just got our executive card..

I will have the possiblity of making Exec this year and so I took a look at the offerings while I was at TPA (see a few posts up). For the most part, upon arrival, I wasn't impressed. Mostly Impalas (Some loaded ones) and LaCrossee's. Upon return, things were much better. Tons of minvans and suv's. Mixed in were Dodge Magnum Wagons and a few Chrysler Pacificas.

Alright, anyone intrested in TPA, I have another report....

2/15 11PM

8 Chevrolet Malibu
6 Saturn Aura
4 Pontiac G6
3 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
2 Hyundai Sonata
1 Pontiac Grand Prix
1 Toyota Camry

We booked Premium, so took a Chrysler Pacifica.
Exec aisle was mostly loaded Impalas and 1 Monte Carlo SS

2/20 2PM

2 Pontiac G6
1 Hyundai Sonata
1 Jeep Liberty

Exec aisle was mostly Chrysler Pacificas and Buick Lucerne's.

disneyjosh,

thanks, that is quite a mix. no vw bugs anymore? :eek: Hope they didn't drop that, we really liked our last rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter