2006 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

We were thrilled to find a VW Bug convertible available when we arrived on Sept. 12 around noon. There were also several SUVs and Chevrolet HHRs.

WOW, a vw bug and its a convertible! :banana: Good for you. I would make all my luggage fit. :thumbsup2 Even if sis has to take a cab with it. :thumbsup2 Lets hope it is still in Orlando in October.

Glad to hear, there where some interesting choices. mky princess:

mkymouse4ever said:
Glad to hear, there where some interesting choices. mky princess:

Finally, a little bit of change at National....I can say that the Chrysler Sebring is the one and only reason we never get convertables....

For the week starting Sept. 5 I had a Buick Rendevous from Emerald Aisle (for $116). That is a great vehicle for WDW.

Portie

We arrived on 9/21 at about 11 a.m. and saw Kia Sorrentos....Chevy sedans (sorry - don't remember model) and a few VW Bugs. We took a Kia and it was a nice vehicle with a lot of pep.

Arrived late morning on 9/27.

Saw plenty of Impalas. A couple Kia Sorrentos. A couple bugs. We too chose the Sorrentos which had the most leg room in the back seat.

NOT ORLANDO, but at MSP last Thursday Emerald Aisle had three vehicles available: a minivan, a Trailblazer, and an Impala.

PortieOwner said:
NOT ORLANDO, but at MSP last Thursday Emerald Aisle had three vehicles available: a minivan, a Trailblazer, and an Impala.

MSP seems to have a pretty good aisle, just from traveling around there. My favorite still has to be CVG though, 90% of the time they have nothing but SUV's, Convertables or Lux cars....Really helps put up with the poor design of there facility!

We arrived at 6PM on Friday 9/29. There were no cars in the Emerald Aisle at Orlando, side A. Attendent was helping each EA customer as they walked into the lot. She said all they had were SUV's and minivans. We wanted an intermediate/full-size. We waited 2 minutes and they pulled in a Chevy Malibu, fully loaded. We took the Mailbu and it had excellent gas mileage. We used AARP code for add'tl driver and BJ's Club for 1 free day.

shoes99 said:
We arrived at 6PM on Friday 9/29. There were no cars in the Emerald Aisle at Orlando, side A. Attendent was helping each EA customer as they walked into the lot. She said all they had were SUV's and minivans. We wanted an intermediate/full-size. We waited 2 minutes and they pulled in a Chevy Malibu, fully loaded. We took the Mailbu and it had excellent gas mileage. We used AARP code for add'tl driver and BJ's Club for 1 free day.

Lately National has started carrying some more "loaded" vehicles, which is really nice! In the past 6 months or so, in various locations, weve been able to pick up...

Buick Rainier (Leather, XM Radio and Sunroof)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (4x4, Sirius Radio and "Laredo" Package)
Chevrolet Impala LTZ (Leather, Sunroof, XM Radio, Chrome Wheels)
3+ Pontiac G6 GTP Coupes (Leather, Sunroof, XM Radio, Chrome Wheels)

All of which are really nice, and make you like you got quite a deal for a Intermediate class vehicle!

Have the VW bugs, or "special" type cars been in the regular emerald aisle? or in the special (freq. renter / club area) area of emerald aisle?

Thanks for the info. mky :wizard:

mkymouse4ever said:
Have the VW bugs, or "special" type cars been in the regular emerald aisle? or in the special (freq. renter / club area) area of emerald aisle?

Thanks for the info. mky :wizard:

They've been on the Emerald Aisle, which is Intermediate or better (for those Emerald Club members who rent Intermediate size cars).

Then there's the Executive Aisle for frequient Emerald Club renters, which usually has at least a full size or better.

All the other aisles are labeled by their size.

Anyway, I've only seen the VW bugs on the Emerald Aisle.

beattyfamily said:
They've been on the Emerald Aisle, which is Intermediate or better (for those Emerald Club members who rent Intermediate size cars).

Then there's the Executive Aisle for frequient Emerald Club renters, which usually has at least a full size or better.

All the other aisles are labeled by their size.

Anyway, I've only seen the VW bugs on the Emerald Aisle.

Lately, ive been spotting the VW Bugs on the EA (Only in locations, florida being one of them, where it is still too hot for a convertable). Other locations seem to only have them on the Emerald Reserve-Convertable aisle...

Thanks to a weather delay out of PHL, we arrived around 1:15 a.m. on 10/7, A side. There was not a big selection on the EA. We saw one Chevy HHR, a couple of midsize cars (sorry don't remember what they were) and two Jeep Liberty's. Since we are all SUV drivers, we chose one of the Liberty's. It only had 225 miles. It wasn't bad on gas, but that is about the only good thing I can say. We really didn't care for the car.

On 9/29 at 2AM there was very little to choose from we took a Trailblazer from the Executive aisle.

On 9/29 at about 3:00pm we got a Kia Sorrento off the Emerald Aisle. There also were tons of Chevy Impala's and one VW bug.

We arrived on 10/13 around 10:30 PM and took a Saturn Vue. There was also a Jeep Liberty and 2 intermediates. I think they were Impalas. The Vue was a great drive but it was black which made it like an oven during the record heat last week! :sunny:

On 10/14, mid-afternoon, there were only Chevy Impalas, about a dozen in different shades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter