2007 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

My DH picked up the car, but I know we saw nothing but horrible customer service. How bad? The car was rented under my husband's name (he was the only driver) , but I wanted to use my debit card to pay. It's like my money wasn't good enough for them....but they would be happy to ad me as an additonal driver for $80 and then allow me to pay. They kept the car (a Pacifica, I think) and we went to Hertz. Matter of fact, I just shredded our Emerald Card.

Ummm I'm sorry you felt this was poor service, however from my understanding that is an industry standard.

Did Hertz allow your husband to be listed as the driver and your card to be used to pay???? I've never heard of that being allowed ever.

We ran in to this one time with Budget trying to use a credit card. I had to list the car in my name in order to use my card.

My DH picked up the car, but I know we saw nothing but horrible customer service. How bad? The car was rented under my husband's name (he was the only driver) , but I wanted to use my debit card to pay. It's like my money wasn't good enough for them....but they would be happy to ad me as an additonal driver for $80 and then allow me to pay. They kept the car (a Pacifica, I think) and we went to Hertz. Matter of fact, I just shredded our Emerald Card.

That is too bad that you didn't know this was a rule before you went. I think it's under the FAQ section of their website. Since my husband is the only driver, I do always make sure we use the credit card where he is an authorized user and has the second card listed on his account.

Back to Topic:

I landed on Nov 7 at 3:30pm. The A-Side Aisle had 5 minivans (caravans and chevy uplanders), a number of small suvs (pontiac torrent, saturn vue, toyota rav4) and a smattering of sedans (sonatas, malibus, impalas, auras). I did not see any convertables.

We took a minivan since we had an infant with us.

We arrived November 2nd (a Wednesday), around 7 or so, came in on AirTran, have no idea about A & B side, just went where we usually go when we come in on United/Ted & USAir.

ohmigish, the selection on both the Emerald Aisle & Executive Reserve was incredible - the best I've ever seen. It was dazzling. We had a car reserved on ER but ended up driving away in a Toyota Avalon Touring model (leather seats, etc, etc.) that was actually sitting on the Emerald Aisle. On both the EA & ER there were Saturn sedans, many Toyota SUVs (I think both RAV-4s and Highlanders), many Avalons, Camrys, minivans, and some standard issue cars like Malibus.

agnes!

We arrived November 2nd (a Wednesday), around 7 or so, came in on AirTran, have no idea about A & B side, just went where we usually go when we come in on United/Ted & USAir.

ohmigish, the selection on both the Emerald Aisle & Executive Reserve was incredible - the best I've ever seen. It was dazzling. We had a car reserved on ER but ended up driving away in a Toyota Avalon Touring model (leather seats, etc, etc.) that was actually sitting on the Emerald Aisle. On both the EA & ER there were Saturn sedans, many Toyota SUVs (I think both RAV-4s and Highlanders), many Avalons, Camrys, minivans, and some standard issue cars like Malibus.

agnes!

An Avalon on Emerald Aisle! That is what I dream of! :cloud9:
I believe Airtran is currently using the B terminal, having switched from A sometime in the last year.

We were there Oct 19 and at that time I saw 3 SUVs, two minivans, several sedans. The SUV and Minivans were gone as fast as we jumped in one an started to drive. They were all ahead of us.

I dont mean to get off the subject but I have a question regarding the EA and the ER. We saw people from the EA walking over to the ER side and grabbing a car and going. Can you do that if you are just an EA member?

We were there Oct 19 and at that time I saw 3 SUVs, two minivans, several sedans. The SUV and Minivans were gone as fast as we jumped in one an started to drive. They were all ahead of us.

I dont mean to get off the subject but I have a question regarding the EA and the ER. We saw people from the EA walking over to the ER side and grabbing a car and going. Can you do that if you are just an EA member?

I would like to know this also -if there is nothing good on the EA can you go get a different car? How do you know how much more it is? I believe a National worker told me once that you could do this but I don't know how it works :confused3

Since you book an intermediate car that is what you are guaranteed to get. So yes a person could walk over to the intermediate aisle and choose a car if they don't like the choices on the EA.

Also Executive Aisle follks can choose from their aisle or the EA, but the Emerald Aisle folks can not choose from the Executive Aisle (or elite aisle).

I was there on Wed the 14th. Had an intermediate in the EI reserved and made it to the EI about 4:30pm.

They were just restocking the EI and I had a lot of choices.

I ended up taking a Saturn Vue which had Onstar, Satellite Radio and loads of other nice options.

It was only me so I definitely did need that size but it sure was nice. I really like to drive SUVs so that I can sit up and see the traffic.

There were quite a few of these available along with numerous mid size cars.

This time I didn't see any Jeep Liberties or Toyota Rav4s and no mini vans at all.

Hope that helps someone.

Minnie,

Do you recall whether there were Impalas?
(They have a very distinctive row of circular tail lights.)

If the car you chose has Onstar - Does it work?
Is there an extra charge?
Curious...
Thanks! :)

This is new for me, I haven't done EA before. We have a car rented at TPA in the EA. Are you saying that I can go pick out any car on the EA even though I just paid for an intermediate? There isn't an additional charge?

Minnie,

Do you recall whether there were Impalas?
(They have a very distinctive row of circular tail lights.)

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I only really noticed the SUVs and lack of minivans and convertibles.

I'll be back in 10 days (National EA again) so I can check then.

If the car you chose has Onstar - Does it work?
Is there an extra charge?
Curious...
Thanks! :)

I know that is does work as I pushed the button by mistake when I was trying to turn on the inside light. However I pushed it right back off so I don't know if there is an extra charge to use the service or not.

Arrived around 3:00pm today, A Side. Alot of PT Cruiser Convertibles and SUV's. I got a Buick Lacrosse. After I loaded my luggage, a Toyota Avalon was parked next to me, I was tempted to switch but I didn't. Also, a Toyota Highlander parked on the other side.

Kind of late, but we were there the end of October and we got a Prius off the EA. I also saw Jetta's and Volvo's--first time that I had seen those models on the EA.

I arrived at the B side around 7pm yesterday. Lots of Impalas. We got a Toyota Avalon. Had our choice of four. Also notice a RAV 4, and a PT cruiser convertible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter