2007 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

I am picking up a car tonight. I will report when I get back on Monday.

We picked up our car on Friday night on the B side at aroun 11:15 pm.
We grabbed an Impala. There were no SUVs or Convertibles. Only Impalas, Malibus and a few other intermediate brands.

We arrived Friday 9/28 at 6PM on Side A. The EA was loaded with Impalas and Malibu's. There were some SUV's, but we didn't need one. We got a full size for a midsize price. The lot was very full. The red impala was fully loaded and only had 60 miles on the odometer.

Any recent reports?? I'll be arriving 10/20 around 10:00 a.m. :banana: and I'm hoping to find an SUV on the aisle.

Arrived Sunday around noon, B Side. Sonata's, Malibu's, Impala's, probably about 20 total. Took an Impala.

We didn't use EA this time, but I stopped by for my friends on the DIS!

We arrived on 10/8 (on the A side) and there were a few mini vans as well as the new full size SUV by Saturn. (and of course the standard Impala's)

Upon departure on 10/15, I noticed a few more mini vans.

Any recent reports?? I'll be arriving 10/20 around 10:00 a.m. :banana: and I'm hoping to find an SUV on the aisle.

You've already left, but I'll answer anyway. We arrived on 10/13 about 1pm, the EA was totally full, and we took a Toyota Highlander. There were several Impalas, a few saturns, and I'm not sure what else. We were very happy to get a Highlander for a total of $137 for 8 days!

Erika, Looks like they restocked the aisle later in the day! We arrived on 10/13 at 1 AM and the aisle was practically empty! One Impala and a KIA Rondo!? Had never heard of a Rondo before, a small SUV, but we took a chance. Just enough room for our luggage and turned out to be a decent vehicle. As a side note, the worker there was willing to give us a different SUV but we had loaded our luggage already and our DD was anxious to get going!:yay:

Arrived "A" side around 10:00 a.m on 10/20. The aisle was full of the standard sonata's, mailbu's & impala's. I walked to the very end of the aisle and found three SUV's, a Jeep Liberty, Saturn Vue, and Toyota Rav 4. I grabbed the Rav 4 because it looked like it had the most room for luggage. We had four adults and each had one large and one small suitcase and they fit without a problem. The Toyota was good on gas. We made a couple trips off property as well as driving to the parks almost every evening and only used 1/2 a tank of gas. Cost us $21 to fill up on the way to the airport.

Sorry, I forgot to check out the aisle when I returned the car yesterday.

Arrived side B on Oct. 14 @ 11:00AM. Mostly impalas and malibus, but spotted one mid-size SUV (Rav 4)--the only larger vechile on the entire aisle. Took it and it had only 149 miles on it, still smelled new. Returned on Oct. 26 @ 5:00PM and kept my eye open on the side B to see what was there and was surprised to see LOTs of SUVs, maybe a minivan, and all of the other stuff. Much bigger selection than when we picked up. This trip pushed me back up to the Executive Aisle for 2008/09. We lost it last year because I rented from Alamo a few times and didn't make my 40 days at National. Boy did we miss not being able to choose from both aisles and being guaranteed a full size. Glad we are back to Ex. Aisle until Feb. 09!!

we arrived 10/23 at 2:30PM. The aisle was full with almost all minivan's and mid size suv's. there were a few mid size cars and I think there was one full size sedan. We ended up grabbing a dodge caravan even though there was only 2 of us at the time, and there will only be four heading to the airport tomorrow. At least we don't need to worry about luggage space!

I've got an EA rental booked for this Wed and again mid Dec so I'll report back once I see what is available.

Both trips I won't arrive until about 4pm so hopefully they will restock.

BTW - What is the difference between side A & B??? And where would I find each side?

Thanks!

My DH picked up the car, but I know we saw nothing but horrible customer service. How bad? The car was rented under my husband's name (he was the only driver) , but I wanted to use my debit card to pay. It's like my money wasn't good enough for them....but they would be happy to ad me as an additonal driver for $80 and then allow me to pay. They kept the car (a Pacifica, I think) and we went to Hertz. Matter of fact, I just shredded our Emerald Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter