2008 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

OhioDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
I thought I'd start a new thread for 2008 since I'm using Emerald Aisle next Friday (1/11) for our 10 day trip. Post what you've seen lately. :dance3:

we are flying in on the 11th also! i was wondering the same thing!

bump:cool1: :cool1:

Glad you started a new thread, we will be arriving on the aisle about
11:00 PM on Jan 15th. We have never arrived this late, so I don't know whether to expect the aisle to be full and ready for the next day, or have very limited choices. Hoping for full and ready for the next day, coz we have golf clubs to fit in.

11:00 PM on Jan 15th. We have never arrived this late, so I don't know whether to expect the aisle to be full and ready for the next day, or have very limited choices. Hoping for full and ready for the next day, coz we have golf clubs to fit in.

Well, it's not really recent but we were there Thanksgiving week and got a Toyota Highlander SUV. (I think that's the name--I'm not great with car names). They had lots of Toyota Sienna minivans which surprised me as I've never seen minivans there before. They also had many other SUVs. Some were the smaller ones like the Saturn View (?). And, of course, many four door sedans. We arrived at about 8:00 p.m.

We'll be back Feb. 10-22 and I'm hoping rates drop before then. Right now the best I can get is $400!! :scared:

We were there Nov 28- Dec 7. Picked up our car on Nov 28 and saw a couple mini vans, several large sedans, one VW bug, and we took an SUV. It was a toyata rav. Came back on Dec 1 as the SUV we had ended up with a window that came off track. And we picked out another car. At that time there were numerous mini vans, a few SUVS as well as large sedans again. We are headed back in March and so we are interested in what is available coming up.

A little late, but we arrived to side A around 5:00pm on December 15th, and the aisle was full. There was at least 12 SUV's Rav 4's, Saturn Vue, Kia Sorrento. We took a Jeep Liberty. There was also a full selection of sedans

We arrived Friday Jan 18th. B side the Aisle was full of Mini Vans, several smal SUVs and we NABBED a Cadillac STS ( yes I said a Cadillac!!!!) :lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :worship: :banana: :laughing: :love: :confused: . The Executive aisle was full and they were bringing cars up one right after another and the aisle was the only place to park this car! This car only had 12 miles on it! It has the navigation AND xm radio! I got a pretty good rate of around 180.00 for 10 days too! YEP.. I think I got pretty lucky!:love: So there is the chance of getting somthing really great on the aisle. We have been using the National aisle for 8 or so years and we have usually only gotten suvs or full sizes... so this is really not typical..just wanted to share our good luck ..

Friday 1/18 - my parents arrived at 1:30PM or so. They said it was mostly Chargers and Grand Prixs on the aisle but they found an Avalon - fully loaded with leather.

I arrived Saturday 1/19 at 1AM. Both the emerald and executive aisles were packed with minivans. It was 80% minivans - including the bigger Siennas. There was no SUVs at all. I saw Grand Prixs, Impalas, a Sebring and an Avalon. Decided to take a Charger with Sirius.

FYI - I glanced at the convertible aisle at Alamo - it was only white and yellow VW Bugs.

Szymon

Arrived Sat. Jan 12th about 3:15 pm. Isle was full of all sedans (not one minivan or SUV). I saw many Toyota Avalons, Chevy Malibus, and Pontiac G6s. I picked the only Dodge Avenger on the isle. It only had 3100 miles and I enjoyed driving it very much.

Arrived Thursday 1/17 at 11:30 pm. The aisle was full--mostly Malibus and G6s. There were two Equinox SUVS both white. I picked one that had 1200 miles. Liked it OK.

Boy this thread was buried, but I found it.

Arrived 1/26. The EA had ALL intermediate cars @ 11:00AM (a Saturday). We are Executive Aisle and only full size on the Exec Aisle. We took an Avalone (found it later it is considered premium).

Arrived 2/4. EMERALD AISLE was near empty and only one or two intermediates left and nothing else. The Executive Aisle had lots to choose from, premium, SUVs and minivans. (Monday @ 3:00PM)

I was certainly glad we are Executive Aisle members as we would have had an intermediate car (there were only 2 of us, so no big deal and we have had to take an intermediate car when only Emerald Aisle members in the past, just like having a big car when available -- we work hard at maintaining our Executive Aisle status just for this reason). Just wanted to post my findings, especially for those hoping and needing a larger car. The variety was not very good on the two days we went through the Gate B side.

Arrived at 10:30 PM on January 15th. We had three families,which all had rented EA. We all three snagged Mini Vans, how lucky was that. Lots of Chevy Uplanders, and a few Caravans and Grand Caravans. Also some Pontiac Torrent's and the standard Pontiac G6's. I was surprised with the amount of choices that late at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter