2008 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

When we got there on Jan 21st there were a few Toyota Rav4's and 4 dodge Avengers and the rest of the row was Avalons and G6s.

We snagged one of the Avengers which turned out to have an electrical glitch that made the trip interesting. The alarm would always engage if the car was locked then it would sound every time we unlocked it and opened the door. Then we had a few occasions where the interior light wouldn't shut off after we got in as well as a few occasions where the seatbelt warning buzzer wouldn't shut off even though we were both buckled in. To top it off, the trunk release would only work when it felt like it. We spent about an hour on the phone with National the first night we were there trying to resolve the alarm issue (at that point that was the only problem we had encountered) but after being up and travelling since 4:00 am the last thing we wanted to do was go back to the airport to exchange it.

So do you think time of day has anything to do with the variety of vehicles that's available. Are there more in the morning than afternoon or night or vice versa ?

We arrived Friday Jan 18th. B side the Aisle was full of Mini Vans, several smal SUVs and we NABBED a Cadillac STS ( yes I said a Cadillac!!!!) :lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :worship: :banana: :laughing: :love: :confused: . The Executive aisle was full and they were bringing cars up one right after another and the aisle was the only place to park this car! This car only had 12 miles on it! It has the navigation AND xm radio! I got a pretty good rate of around 180.00 for 10 days too! YEP.. I think I got pretty lucky!:love: So there is the chance of getting somthing really great on the aisle. We have been using the National aisle for 8 or so years and we have usually only gotten suvs or full sizes... so this is really not typical..just wanted to share our good luck ..

in the 8 years,have you ever rented in WDW around the 4th of July or in the summer? I joined their program just in case I found something with a good price.

Arrived 2/15 around 2:00 p.m., A side. I had a minivan reserved and was very glad I didn't take a chance on EA, the aisle had cars only, no SUV's or minivans. When I returned the minivan on 2/19 around 2:00 p.m., the EA was loaded with Chevy Uplanders, I counted at least 6. There were also 2 SUV's, not sure what model because I was in a hurry to meet up with the rest of my group at security.

Okay. Help a newbie. If I reserve a minivan with National using Emerald Aisle is there a chance there will not be one available?

I must be missing something.

Okay. Help a newbie. If I reserve a minivan with National using Emerald Aisle is there a chance there will not be one available?

If you reserved a minivan, your confirmation will say Emerald Choice, and you go to the minivan aisle. If you only booked an imtermediate and your confirmation says Emerald Aisle, you are only guaranteed an intermediate, but can choose anything in the Emerald Aisle row...

subscribing :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :worship: :woohoo: :grouphug: :yay:

airhead, we have rented 2X's in June the 1st time was a saturn Vue (SUV) and the 2nd time we picked a Chevy Equinox. Very nice. I am hoping for the same luck. At least a SUV, that caddie would be real nice. :love:

YO

If you reserved a minivan, your confirmation will say Emerald Choice, and you go to the minivan aisle. If you only booked an imtermediate and your confirmation says Emerald Aisle, you are only guaranteed an intermediate, but can choose anything in the Emerald Aisle row...

I don't understand, what is the difference between "Emerald Choice" and "Emerald Aisle." Does it depend on the type of car you have reserved initially. What if we have a Full Size SUV reserved?

I don't understand, what is the difference between "Emerald Choice" and "Emerald Aisle." Does it depend on the type of car you have reserved initially. What if we have a Full Size SUV reserved?

In my experience with the Full Size SUV, you need to go to the booth in the garage and get the keys for it. They have them parked off to the side. We've gotten a Durango, Suburban, and Escalade; they seem to only have one at a time so we've never gotten a choice.

Emerald Aisle is only for intermediate size reservations. You can pick anything off the Emerald Aisle row. You are only guaranteed an intermediate but may get upgraded.

Emerald Choice is for any other size reservations. You go to the specific size row you reserved.

Ok, let me ask a hypothetical question. Say one makes two reservations using Emerald Club, one for an intermidiate and another for a larger car/SUV/Van, which is what they really want. Could they do this, go to the Emerald Aisle, and if there are not any vehicles of that size, call from their cell and cancel that reservation and then go to Emerald Choice to pick up the respective vehicle that they really needed? Is this possible? And is this even right to do?

From nationalcar.com:

>>>>No Show

In the case of a "no show" of a customer, the reservation will be canceled. National charges a fee on the renters credit card for vehicles that are reserved but not rented, if the reservation was not canceled within 24 hours of the anticipated arrival.

Cancellations are accepted up to one calendar day before reservation date. If the reservation is not cancelled, a No Show Fee of $50.00 (plus applicable taxes, surcharges, and lessor fees) will be charged to the credit card on the Guaranteed Reservation.

Guaranteed Reservations are required on all specialty vehicles, such as minivan, 4-wheel drive, and convertible car classes at all Corporate locations and at participating licensee locations.

The following credit cards are accepted for Guaranteed Reservations:

American Express
Diners Club
Discover
Carte Blanche
MasterCard
Visa <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks. I thought that there might be a problem with doing something like that, especially with Emerald Club, since they all ready have your credit card information. With a regular reservation without Emerald Club, all they have is your name.

Okay, I have one question. Do I have to book at least a Mid size to use the Isle or can I book a compact??
I'm slightly confused and no one seems to clear it up via their customer service.

Okay, I have one question. Do I have to book at least a Mid size to use the Isle or can I book a compact??
I'm slightly confused and no one seems to clear it up via their customer service.

Emerald Aisle is only available with intermediate size reservations. For any other size, Emerald Club members book them as Emerald Choice, meaning you go to the row for the size you reserved (no upgrades).

Just for your information. We did Emerald Aisle last week and there were lots of mid size of course, some full size ( Impalas), a midsize SUV, and quite a few Grand Caravans.
We were there at around 11am on Wednesday.

Emerald Aisle is only available with intermediate size reservations. For any other size, Emerald Club members book them as Emerald Choice, meaning you go to the row for the size you reserved (no upgrades).

So is intermediate means midsize or higher? Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just trying to get everything straightened out. Currently on my reservation it is a midsize and it does say Emerald Isle for the level of service.

So is intermediate means midsize or higher? Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just trying to get everything straightened out. Currently on my reservation it is a midsize and it does say Emerald Isle for the level of service.

Intermediate means midsize. If your reservation says Emerald Aisle, then you go straight to the Emerald Aisle row and take your choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter