2008 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

Intermediate means midsize. If your reservation says Emerald Aisle, then you go straight to the Emerald Aisle row and take your choice.

Thank you, very much. I appreciate all your help with this.

A bit off topic, but....... we will be going on vacation and may or maynot need a rental depending on whether a family member will be available to pick us up at MCO on our arrival day. If we reserve a car with our emerald club membership,(standard rental-midsize) will we be charged if we do not cancel within 24 hours. We have never been in this situation before and do not want to be charged if we cancel last minute. Any help would be appreciated.:confused3

A bit off topic, but....... we will be going on vacation and may or maynot need a rental depending on whether a family member will be available to pick us up at MCO on our arrival day. If we reserve a car with our emerald club membership,(standard rental-midsize) will we be charged if we do not cancel within 24 hours. We have never been in this situation before and do not want to be charged if we cancel last minute. Any help would be appreciated.:confused3

According to the National Website ...

National charges a fee on the renters credit card for vehicles that are reserved but not rented, if the reservation was not canceled within 24 hours of the anticipated arrival. Cancellations are accepted up to one calendar day before reservation date. If the reservation is not cancelled, a No Show Fee of $50.00 (plus applicable taxes, surcharges, and lessor fees) will be charged to the credit card on the Guaranteed Reservation.

OMG, I had NO IDEA rental car companies were charging for no shows! Thank you so much for posting this info. I checked Budget and they charge $75; National charges $50. As far as I know neither Enterprise nor Hertz charge an additional fee for no shows... at least not yet.

Bumping :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Anyone getting a good rate? which code, I keep running the numbers but still pretty high for summer.

thanks, mky:cutie:

I did not know they were charging for no-shows. I will have to limit my reservations this time. Usually I have two just in case I need a back-up plan.

Arrived @ MCO to pick up car on Saturday 3/15 around 8:30am. There were a lot of impalas, a Volvo, 2 Sebring convertibles. We chose the convertible. As we were pulling away, they were backing a minivan into an EA spot.

We had trouble with the conv. and exchanged it later that evening for a
Rav4. That was a headache but we received a 1-day credit of $45. We originally had the intermediate EA booked for $177, tax/fees included, with the Visa rate code and $30 off coupon from National's site. This was for p/u 3/15 and return 3/22. Total after adjustment was just under $132.

According to the National Website ...

National charges a fee on the renters credit card for vehicles that are reserved but not rented, if the reservation was not canceled within 24 hours of the anticipated arrival. Cancellations are accepted up to one calendar day before reservation date. If the reservation is not cancelled, a No Show Fee of $50.00 (plus applicable taxes, surcharges, and lessor fees) will be charged to the credit card on the Guaranteed Reservation.

you neglected to quote the complete paragraph from the website regarding "no shows".

the sentence they left of is...

Guaranteed Reservations are required on all specialty vehicles, such as minivan, 4-wheel drive, and convertible car classes.

Bumping because I just reserved EA for 4/26-5/4 (8 days)
Code 5007125
Coupon ND2119071Q
$144 with taxes and fees.

What have you seen in EA?

Bumping because I just reserved EA for 4/26-5/4 (8 days)
Code 5007125
Coupon ND2119071Q
$144 with taxes and fees.

What have you seen in EA?

Great rate! We are going in mid June and my rate with a coupon code was 259.00 I would love to reduce that rate to something much lower. What codes and coupon are you using? is this something anyone could use?

Great rate! We are going in mid June and my rate with a coupon code was 259.00 I would love to reduce that rate to something much lower. What codes and coupon are you using? is this something anyone could use?

I got it from mousesavers as an good code -- Mary generally only list codes that she knows works or notes what is required. This is how it's listed on her site. I've used it before with no problem.

"Emerald Club members can use Contract ID 5007125"

I got the coupon from here: http://www.carrentalsavers.com/

Anyone been lately??
I will go tomorrow after 6PM, I'll check in to let you all know what I see.

Emerald Aisle is the best thing I ever did!! We arrived at 6PM and had lots of full size vehicles to choose along with a jeep liberty and a couple SUV's. We ended up with a white Equinox, it is LOADED! There were NO mini vans.

Emerald Aisle is the best thing I ever did!! We arrived at 6PM and had lots of full size vehicles to choose along with a jeep liberty and a couple SUV's. We ended up with a white Equinox, it is LOADED! There were NO mini vans.

Thanks, what side? A or B

Monday night the 24h, there must have been 6-8 SUVs in EA. I was thinking the price of Gas, were keeping people away from them. I can' remember seeing that many in a long time.
We were picking up from Alamo, but just wanted to take a peek.

Monday night the 24h, there must have been 6-8 SUVs in EA. I was thinking the price of Gas, were keeping people away from them. I can' remember seeing that many in a long time.
We were picking up from Alamo, but just wanted to take a peek.

We are not traveling until mid June but I would love to try SUV for our vacation. The cost of gas is important but for one week we can handle it. We arrive at 6 AM so not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Arrived late Friday afternoon...March 21. Several smaller SUV's (we chose a Rav4), several vans, and a larger SUV (very nice, leather interior, etc. can't remember the make) in addition to all the standard mid-size cars. This was the A side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter