2008 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

What is the difference between Emerald Aisle and Emerald Reserve? Is there a specific Emerald Aisle that includes specific car classifications -- such as Emerald Mini-Vans, Emerald SUVs? I probably should know this, but don't. :confused3

Thanks for helping with my minor confusion. :)

Emerald Reserve means that you are guaranteed a car in the category you chose - so if you have Emerald Reserve for a minivan - you will go directly to the minivan aisle, and choose any car on that row.

Emerald Aisle is technically the term for the intermediate row of cars - but instead of having only intermediates - there can be, and often is, a variety of cars in this row. Any type of car which is returned, and underbooked for that day - may be put on the aisle. People have gotten full sized, luxury, SUVs, minivans, convertibles, etc. - just by luck of the draw. No guarantees though - except for an intermediate size vehicle or better.

Emerald Reserve means that you are guaranteed a car in the category you chose - so if you have Emerald Reserve for a minivan - you will go directly to the minivan aisle, and choose any car on that row.

Emerald Aisle is technically the term for the intermediate row of cars - but instead of having only intermediates - there can be, and often is, a variety of cars in this row. Any type of car which is returned, and underbooked for that day - may be put on the aisle. People have gotten full sized, luxury, SUVs, minivans, convertibles, etc. - just by luck of the draw. No guarantees though - except for an intermediate size vehicle or better.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. :)

Has anyone seen what National has in the Premium car category?

I believe the premium has been the Avalon. Not sure whatesle. We'll be back there in about 10 day from now, so will report back what we see on the aisles.

I believe the premium has been the Avalon. Not sure whatesle. We'll be back there in about 10 day from now, so will report back what we see on the aisles.

I am looking for something with lots of trunk space. We will probably have four suitcases. I have a reservation for both a full size and a premium. I will have to cancel one before I leave. I was hoping to find a premium with a larger trunk than an Avalon. If that is the premium, I would probably get a larger trunk in the full size
Impala.

I am looking for something with lots of trunk space. We will probably have four suitcases. I have a reservation for both a full size and a premium. I will have to cancel one before I leave. I was hoping to find a premium with a larger trunk than an Avalon. If that is the premium, I would probably get a larger trunk in the full size
Impala.

I agree, the trunk space in an Impala is huge. We get four suitcases in easily.

Does this really work to save the $50? It appears to sign you up as part of a small bus company?
thanks for any help

Okay, I feel dense... I guess bus is actually an abbreviation for business - please disregard my question. Showing my colors as a newbie to all things Disney World.

I wouldn't pay more for the premium car just for trunk space. As previously stated the Impala has a huge trunk. With the premium car you are just paying for upgraded things like leather seats and satellite radio.

Just got back on Friday. We went through Emerald Isle, booking a midsize for 17 days at a rate of $244.77. Had loads of cars to choose from, at least a half dozen minivans, which is what we selected. We had four adults and lots of luggage and a trip down to Fort Myers, so we really appreciated the space that the minivan gave us.

Just got back on Friday. We went through Emerald Isle, booking a midsize for 17 days at a rate of $244.77. Had loads of cars to choose from, at least a half dozen minivans, which is what we selected. We had four adults and lots of luggage and a trip down to Fort Myers, so we really appreciated the space that the minivan gave us.

Was it a 7-passenger van?

I wouldn't pay more for the premium car just for trunk space. As previously stated the Impala has a huge trunk. With the premium car you are just paying for upgraded things like leather seats and satellite radio.

I got the premium for $159 for the week. That is including tax, even the addt'l $12.50 facility tax just added. I booked it about a month ago using an e-coupon and my Emerald club membership. No questionable code or anything. I think that they would let me take an Impala if wanted since it is a lower category. I will have to see what they have when I arrive.

Sept 22nd the EA was full of mini vans. We got a Town & Country with dvd player. 11 nights for $158.

Does this really work to save the $50? It appears to sign you up as part of a small bus company?
thanks for any help

Okay, I feel dense... I guess bus is actually an abbreviation for business - please disregard my question. Showing my colors as a newbie to all things Disney World.

I've had free Emerald Club for 10 years. My online account shows an expiration date of 2037!

Last week, we found mostly mid-sizes (G6's), but we snagged a Camry. This was on a Tuesday around 10:30 am.

Just yesterday when we returned the car, EA had 8 (8!) minivans. I was happy with the Camry (much sportier and more me), but I just couldn't believe how many minivans I saw. This was a Tuesday around 6:00 pm.

We'll be picking ours up tomorrow at lunch time.:yay: I'm really hoping for a Charger as that is what I drive at home. I hate minivans so I'll let those to the family type people.

No chargers or minivans this morning around 11 am. We took the one Dodeg Avenger there. Lots of the pontiac g6s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter