2013 Destash- this is the year!

I found a few gently used dresses and coats that my DD doesn't wear so now I am going to have kids do one last look through their stuff and take a load to Once Upon a Child this weekend. Any cash I make I can use for Christmas gifts. Oh wait that means more stuff will be coming back into the house. :rotfl2:

I sold 3 sweaters on CL and made $10. I'm happy since those items were in boxes in the garage. I have another lady that is interested in kids shoes, a jacket and maybe some clothes.

That's great you are getting a lot done, I'm jealous! I just don't know where to start sometimes, kids clothes, toys, papers! Where to begin??
Sometime I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. I've looked on Pinterest for ideas or will make a list. Once I start jumping all over the place , I will lose focus and quit. If I catch myself in time then I will stop and remind myself to pick just one spot and I can't move one until I'm finished. I once read an article that said to start in any room and go clockwise it helps you stay focus and not jump around.

Today I
-organized some items
-sold 3 sweaters
- threw away 1 old top and 1 bra
-got rid of a grocery size bag of papers and junk that were on my desk
- organized and cleaned out my purse. When life is busy or crazy it shows in my purse - lol!
- I filled up a medium size basket container of new little items that can be Xmas gifts for coworkers or fillers

I still need to get rid of some old comity tops, pj , socks, undergarments.

My goal for the week....
1. List some more items on CL
2. Toss out 10 old items that can't be resold
3. Shred mail pile

Goal for the month
1. Finish up posting dd's purses and shoes
2. Go through my drawers again especially old
pj 's
3. Hit the coat closet
4. Go through large hall closet and get rid of whatever we don't use or need like my old pullout car stereo my ex fiancé bought me 20 years ago lol!

I'm so ready to get rid of stuff hopefully that feeling doesn't go away tomorrow

So my parents have a lot of furniture (they inherited a lot of old stuff and are not destashers!) and I randomly told my dad a few months ago that one day I wanted to paint and restore this old desk & dresser that they have and turn it into a vanity (this was my inspiration on pinterest the "desk" looks like that)

So out of the blue a few weeks ago my dad told me that he was going to move the desk and dresser that I mentioned (didn't even realize he was paying attention lol) to store for me and if I wasn't using the desk we had in our basement he would use it to put the computer on. I am SO excited! We never use the desk and it's just in our way. It will clear up so much space in our basement and help me to get more organized. Of course I cleared it out and now he's not in a hurry to get it, lol. I think on hubby's next day off we will just take it over there haha.

Had a little luck on CL finally. Met 2 people today - one I donated 3 garbage bags full of blankets, towels, a comforter, etc. Another person bought a crib mattress. Things are slowly finding new homes!

Need to keep listing things on ebay, I think this is a good time of year to sell.

I still have those 4 bags of donations for Goodwill. My mom reminded me that I needed to keep track for taxes... anyone have a link for how much things are worth?

Wow, people actually buy old clothes from Craig's List? :confused3 Is this special designer name stuff? Our stuff is regular run of the mill from Kohls. I can't imagine who'd want it by the time they're done with it. I guess different strokes and all that... One good thing for us is our house is small 3BR, prob around 1700 sf. and no basement so we've never been able to accumulate huge amounts of stuff. Sometimes the more space you have, the more crap you hang onto.
Dd's clothes are in good condition. Her old clothes are from khols , jc penny, styles for less . Buying old clothes on CL is the same as people who by used clothes from yardsales except I do a list if clothes in Lots( bulk ) . I've had people buy "Lot" of clothes for $40-$60 clothes are in very good condition and they usually ask me to notify them when I have more to sell but I usually try selling a "lot " of clothes by size

Yesterday I destashed some more scrapbookinh supplies, craft items and a whole bunch of greeting cards I made.
Sent some to a friend, her daughter and gave some away. All were thrilled!

Just went through dd's pile. I'm using printing paper boxes that hold 10 reams of paper. I live these boxes because it comes with a lid.
1 filled up 1 box with shoes

1 box with purses ( 2 new purses without tags she got as bday gifts , 3 wallet clutches she bought new with tags) :/
- I'm wondering if I should try posh mark for the new items because cl won't pay much. She also had 2 pairs if vans in very good condition almost new, 2 in ok condition and 3-4 pairs in not great condition all vans brand. Clothes, shoes and purses are from earlier this year and last 2-3 years . I hv no idea what to price the almost new vans going rate for new ones are $50 so what's going rate for used if you hv sold before ?

I also filled a smaller box with thinks I need to post on CL, a bag if misc toys, bag if misc stuff.

Anyone know the going rate for old littlest pets figures?

I also through out
1 bag of junk papers and misc mail
1 empty box

I feel like I got a lot done tonight :)

If you manage to sell the LPS stuff, please let me know whether it was worth the effort. YDD has an absurdly large amount of these things and I need to start transitioning her room from little girl to tween so some things are going to have to be parred down.

I'm in fall vacation from work( public school ). I've been busy so haven't been destashing. Hopefully tonight I can get a few more things done. Today I told the family we are cleaning the house! I know two big black trash bags will be removed from the house this week. The bags are filled with plastic bottles we will recycle $$!.

I've been lurking on this thread and finally have something good to report! Last weekend we put some items in our neighbor's garage sale and made $180! The garage is cleaner now, too. Then, we took 7 boxes of clothes that don't fit, shoes we don't wear, knick-knacks we don't like or use, and donated them. Then, I went through all of my craft supplies and donated a box full of stuff to the teen volunteer care team at our local Hospice. They'll use them to make cards for the patients and their families.

We still have a lot to go through and destash, but I feel "lighter" and happier!

DH and I just took two boxes of books to our library - they opened them up and were so happy that we did not donate old travel books :lmao: I am right now going through some stuff I usually sell on Ebay but I am just not motivated enough. Anything I am not crazy about I am donating - have one trash bag full and working on a second :thumbsup2

If you manage to sell the LPS stuff, please let me know whether it was worth the effort. YDD has an absurdly large amount of these things and I need to start transitioning her room from little girl to tween so some things are going to have to be parred down.

Check Ebay for prices. Last holiday season I sold all of DD's LPS, I did some as a lot and a couple were sets. Don't remember exactly how many pets but I think I did one lot of 25 and sold them for $50, the sets I sold for $15 (Halloween pets) and $25 for a Christmas set.

It sounds like you are all doing well at destashing. I have gotten a few things out and DD managed to get three bins of items down to 2. I have 2 kitchen sized garbage bags of stuff ready to donate, and a bin of clothes to try to sell. DD took a bunch of stuff to Platos and they only took one change purse. It is typical for them but DD needed to learn on her own.

The comment on travel books got me laughing. I love buying travel books particularly Disney. I like seeing the changes and remember what is gone.

I'm finally working on the t shirt quilt that I've had in a box for years. It's so much fun to make and now I have two empty buckets.

Hurray!

I have a large kitchen bag ready to be dropped off tomorrow as well as a medium size box. Clothes, craft supplies, unused coloring books.... Just stuff.
When ever I dont think I have anything left to get rid of, poof! I find more lol

I have a large kitchen bag ready to be dropped off tomorrow as well as a medium size box. Clothes, craft supplies, unused coloring books.... Just stuff.
When ever I dont think I have anything left to get rid of, poof! I find more lol

Thats how it goes the more stuff you get rid of the less you want or need. I must have over 100 DVDs and video games I would love to get rid of but my kids are not ready.

I cleaned up a bit. I got rid of dust does that count-lol! jk
Dh and I went through our Halloween tubs. The tubs we were using are about 12 years old. We bought 3 pretty plum colored tubs just for Halloween stuff, that way its easier to identify. I got rid of a couple paper decorations, 2 broken ceramic decorations. Next month we will go through the Xmas tubs and do the same. I have a bunch of cute ceramic decoration that can be goodie holders so guess what I'll be using for lil gifts. I think I can make 2 xmas candybar bouquets and 3-4 candy holders (hersey kisses). I think I have 2 stockings and wall hanging decoration that holds mini candy or giftcard.

tonight I will go through my sock/undergarment drawer, my spareroom cabinet. My cabinet has a lot of things I've bought to make into gift or give as a last minute gift but never did so I'm going to get started on that-lol! My goal is to use up or get rid of 2 shelves from that cabinet :)

Got rid of yet another bag of stuff today.
Will prob have 1 more bag of shredded stuff but need to buy a new shredder, again.
Then, that is prob it for a while

Got rid of yet another bag of stuff today.
Will prob have 1 more bag of shredded stuff but need to buy a new shredder, again.
Then, that is prob it for a while

I forgot I have a pile to shred too! The darn shred pile NEVER seems to end!

Another thing I need to add to my list to destash will be a box of christmas cards . I have about 4 boxes that I bought on clearance, some xmas celophane goodie bags (for cookies) and some xmas deco paper bags. No more buying stuff on clearance!!!

I took my shred stuff to the bank. They did a shred day which was great, 4 boxes of papers gone in about 10 seconds. I need to gather the last of MILs papers from the basement to shred. She saved all of her old bills.

Last week I took 4 huge bags/boxes of stuff to goodwill. Clothes, dance pads for the Wii, books, and toys. Today I am going through my last bin of clothes in the loft. What ever doesn't fit into the wardrobe, goes away. My goal is to sort 4 bins a week, we have at least 100 totes and boxes just full of stuff. Some haven't been touched since we moved here 12 years ago.

Ooooh I like this thread! :cheer2:

Last Wednesday we took 5 boxes of miscellaneous household items and clothing to Goodwill.

Over the weekend I went through my *entire* Christmas decor stash and cleaned it and reorganized it. Two more full boxes of home items ready to go to Goodwill, and gave some light strings to someone who will use them.

Next up, study bookcase and bedroom closets! Hoping to have a lot more packed up for donation by the end of the week. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter