2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

I only did the 5K because I never run before so it was already great for me but for next year, I am gonna train in order to be able to run 21Km and I will try to make a trip to WDW for a race in order to see the difference.
But I need to say that seeing so many Americans on the resort was so awesome for the mentality, the costumes, :-)

Can't wait to access to the photos on the photopass :D

I am back from Disneyland Paris and my first ever Run Disney event/ 5K. It was truly magical. My husband said that I came over the finishing line with a smile as big as the one of the Cheshire Cat. Now I want to sign up for another one.
Spectarors were also allowed at the finish line on saturday?! My girlfriend was only able to get to the finish line on sunday for the Halfmarathon.

Order by October 5!!

https://www.disneystore.com/tees-to...and-paris-limited-release/mp/1417270/1000228/

Only thing is its Men's cotton tee, and they only ship in the US... What a bummer.

I'm also super disappointed about the pins. Even the white background 1/2 marathon pin I would have settled for... RunDisney/Disneyland Paris/ Realbuzz should have gave us the option to pre-order pin bundles.
Like other rD races, pre-order would have minimize over ordering and ensured that their profits were maximized. So sad....

At least the course was fun, and the staggering thinned out the course. Entrainment was great and the local fans were awesome.

Well done to all those who ran in the 5k and Half. I did both and really enjoyed myself. At one point where there were two lines of runners going in opposite directions I saw the dreaded balloon ladies! I wondered if anyone got swept?

I saw two women cut through a
side door in the Walt Disney Studios building during the half:( I just did the race to have fun which it was. I did panic when I saw the balloon ladies though lol.

I saw two women cut through a
side door in the Walt Disney Studios building during the half:( I just did the race to have fun which it was. I did panic when I saw the balloon ladies though lol.

Were they actually cutting, or were they using the restroom? Because that's the restroom I used and returned to the same place on the course that I'd left from.

Ahh hopefully they were just using the rest room. I just saw an outside door open behind where they came from, Im sure it was just a coincidence. It was all great fun, great organisation and lovely positive atmosphere

I did the half with a friend of mine who was doing her first run of more than 5k. She had a 3h30m target and we came in just under. This sort of time coupled with starting right at the back of Corral C means that through the parks we were close to the limit When we stopped for pictures with Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers in Disneyland Park the Balloon Ladies actually caught us, but gave us a little leeway.
When we were at 14K we saw a bus with some people getting in, I imagine that they were people getting swept at about 12/12.5K

Spectarors were also allowed at the finish line on saturday?! My girlfriend was only able to get to the finish line on sunday for the Halfmarathon.

There were definitely spectators when I came over the finish line on Saturday. My husband was different though. He had run the 5K, too, but finished ahead of me and managed to lurk with intend until I crossed the line.

Saw this on facebook for results & it does look like there were DNFs

We even had those on the 5K. As I entered underneath the railway station at Disneyland, I had somebody handing their bib to a cast member. When I came past the Tower of Terror, somebody was being attended to by paramedics.

Corinna

People get swept and disqualified at every runDisney event. It's unfortunate but not uncommon. What IS unusual is that there's a published list like this that was easily found...normally there is a list of those who were swept but you have to dig a little to find it.

The disqualified people are easy to pick out - note that they do not have 5K and 10K splits (and in one case, no 15K split).

The one without 5K, 10K OR 15K is hilarious (or just really wrong because it looks so bizarre)...like whoever it was just strolled across the finish line less than an hour after the race started? That would be a world record time for a half marathon...if you're gonna cheat, maybe don't be so obvious?! :rotfl2:

Helloooo everyone!

I know this thread has been a bit quiet (I’ve been following a facebook group for the event) but I wanted to just write a quick post on our experience at the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon for anyone that is considering it for next year.

I’ve only ever visited Disneyland Paris once (shocking as it’s so much closer than Orlando) and that was for one day and my sister who joined me on the trip had never been so we really weren’t sure what to expect from the parks nevermind the races! I have to say I had a fabulous weekend overall, we were so impressed with the cast members, the race course, the ticketed inaugural party and so much more.

I’ll start quickly with the not the so good things we experienced because there really wasn’t that many!

1) The merchandise – we queued for 2hrs to get into the official merchandise tent to find the only items available were those in the preview. No clothing for Castle to Chateau apart from a little piece of paper telling us to go online if we wanted to order a printed cotton men sized t-shirt which they didn’t even ship outside of the US! Also there were people who went straight for the bibs just walking straight into the merch store while we stood in line and the cast members allowed this to happen for ages because people were getting super agro and annoyed and they finally tightened it up a bit. The pins were the only thing that sold out all weekend, I managed to get a Castle to Chateau pin but I heard the 5k pin sold out within the first hour or two. I’m assuming this is something that will be rectified next year, they really did not seem to expect the crowds as there was only a small official queue and the rest of the line went all the way down the centre past restaurants and shops of the Disney Village area!

2) Vendors – Similar to above the choice was very limited, we actually got speaking to a very nice lady from Raw Threads who said she applied a long time ago to be at the expo and heard nothing, only two weeks before the event did she get communication about her spot there and so didn’t have time to sort the necessary customs stuff to bring her stock over. She did very nicely mail us a special link to some event merchandise with free shipping

3) Transport from offsite hotels for the races – One bus was sent to cover our hotel (Hotel B&B Disneyland) and four others! There was no bus for the 5k! We ended up paying for a taxi both mornings which was quite expensive for a 5/10min journey at 20/25e each time.

AND… onto the good bits!

1) CHARACTER PHOTOS!! They loaded both courses with character photos. I’ll be writing a full race recap with more details but for now here are some of our favourites (these are just from phone as official photos not available yet)
29980542295_2108abba98_b.jpg

29353899183_b124c547ea_b.jpg

29353899393_4237a46f14_b.jpg

29353828303_f26eec076d_b.jpg

29353820153_890872aaaa_b.jpg

2) Extra Magic Hours – There is usual 2hrs EMH in the main Disneyland Paris park from 8am – 10am, they had some great characters out every morning to meet so we got some fab photos. There were no queues for the rides (although only Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open) and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Even if you are staying offsite you can still use the EMH if you have either the Fantasy (€173) or the Dream (€223) annual pass which is what we had!

3) The Cast Members – I was bit worried that the CM’s here would not live up to my expectations haven visit Orlando before well I need not have worried! Within the rides the CM’s were SO in character (in particular Tower of Terror where we have a really fun story to share) and really made an effort to give guests the immersive experience.

4) The Castle – I was thinking I may be a bit underwhelmed as it is smaller but it was so so beautiful in its own right. So much more impressive in person too!

5) The Inaugrual Kick-Off Party (Friday night) – OMG… This was AMAZING! We LOVED it! The park was EMPTY there did not oversell the tickets and we got to walk on rides that we hadn’t managed to do during the day. There was music pumping all night, we were dancing down the streets, dancing in the queues, dancing with the CM’s and even dancing with Woody! There was food included with plenty of choice and no limits on how many times you went back, we got a three course counter service meal with a soda drink and then took a bottle water home with us. We had our face painted, we got lots of photos and we had our best ride of the entire trip on our favourite ride of all time Tower of Terror. This for us made up for any hard feelings we had from the expo!
29897014661_d8fbfec13f_b.jpg

6) The Course – The 5k course was a pure dream, pretty much all park time and the corals were filtered through (so each coral had several groups let go with a minute or two in between) so it never felt over crowded. Also the support along the course was AMAZING, the cast members were so excited to support us and screamed ‘allé allé allé’ to cheer us on! The half marathon course was not the same as the 5k, we did the parks in opposite order and covered new ground which made it more interesting, there was a long chunk off property (5k – about 18k) but they had plenty of water stops and lots of entertainers on course.

I hope this helps!

I'm wondering, how can a person have a finish time way over 3,5 hours? I saw on the results that quite a few people had a time over 4 hours and therefore way over 10minutes/km. How is this possible without being swept?

I'm wondering, how can a person have a finish time way over 3,5 hours? I saw on the results that quite a few people had a time over 4 hours and therefore way over 10minutes/km. How is this possible without being swept?

If they started in an early wave of Corral A or even B. The sweeper's clock doesn't start until the last person from the last wave of the last corral has crossed the starting line.

If they started in an early wave of Corral A or even B. The sweeper's clock doesn't start until the last person from the last wave of the last corral has crossed the starting line.

Thanks.... I just thought that +1hour was a lot, but if they were in corral A it makes sense! I've heard of many with a finish time around 3:40-45, but never 4,5. Just thought it was a bit weird..

Another question: I think I've read that you could print your race certificate with time etc - is that true? Or is it only possible to view your results on the chronerace site?

Thanks.... I just thought that +1hour was a lot, but if they were in corral A it makes sense! I've heard of many with a finish time around 3:40-45, but never 4,5. Just thought it was a bit weird..

Another question: I think I've read that you could print your race certificate with time etc - is that true? Or is it only possible to view your results on the chronerace site?

For past events, runDisney has sent out a link a couple weeks after the event in order to print your personalized finisher's certificate. I would expect this to be the case with this race as well.

For past events, runDisney has sent out a link a couple weeks after the event in order to print your personalized finisher's certificate. I would expect this to be the case with this race as well.

Yup, I think it was in the event guide that we'd be able to print our "diploma" a couple of weeks after the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter