2016 Virtual 5K Series

So I'm considering sign up for the series which would mean running a 5k this weekend.

I am hoping to get a spot in the 5k during the half marathon weekend at Disneyland in Sept. I'll find out tomorrow if I can get a spot. If I can I think I'll do this as part of my training and see if I can improve my time. I plan on stopping for pictures during the actual race of I get in, so I expect that time to be slower.

I am famous for my I don't work out line, like ever. But after having my daughter I never lost the weight and I think this will be a good motivation for me to walk(maybe some day run)! Hopefully get in a little better shape!

I just did a 1.2 mile walk in 19 minutes. Definitely not good as far as timing, but I got out there! I'll most likely do more walking than running on this first 5k, but it's better than nothing!
It is infinitely better than nothing. Great job!

I just did a 1.2 mile walk in 19 minutes. Definitely not good as far as timing, but I got out there! I'll most likely do more walking than running on this first 5k, but it's better than nothing!
Good job getting out there. Walk or Run, doesn't matter, at least you are doing it.

I wasn't going to sign up but my daughter wanted to do it too! And I really like the mickey medal for the entire series. I have a 5K on 05/31/16 for mine since I run, but I will see if I can get her out tomorrow to walk her 3.1 miles.

I wasn't going to sign up but my daughter wanted to do it too! And I really like the mickey medal for the entire series. I have a 5K on 05/31/16 for mine since I run, but I will see if I can get her out tomorrow to walk her 3.1 miles.

Went to sign up today - the series and yellow show are sold out.

Argh.

I just found these virtual races. Since the yellow shoe and series have both sold out, I am not sure if I want to do the others. Will another virtual event series likely be offered this year?

I just found these virtual races. Since the yellow shoe and series have both sold out, I am not sure if I want to do the others. Will another virtual event series likely be offered this year?

Oh I'm sure, with how well this one seems to be selling. I would be surprised if Run Disney discontinued them already.

I myself am waiting for the next series!

Who knows if they'll offer more virtual series or not and if they do, when? Could be this year, could be next summer? I could see it becoming an annual summer thing, but who knows since this was the first one.

There are other, non-Disney virtual races that offer real life bling. I'm considering a couple different ones after I do my Disney 3rd.

My thoughts are these will be an annual summer thing, when the real races are stopped for summer... but that's just my gut feeling on it. Going by the popularity of it, I think they will definitely continue it however.

Color me surprised - figured Disney would continue to sell these until they were ready to start the next series.
Same here. I get that they have a date range but @Princess_Nikki said she went to sign up on Friday and the last day for yellow shoes to be completed was today - so why couldn't she sign up and complete the run at some point this past weekend? Weird.

My thoughts are these will be an annual summer thing, when the real races are stopped for summer... but that's just my gut feeling on it. Going by the popularity of it, I think they will definitely continue it however.
I thought the same thing - it's a way for them to make money over the summer when they can't have races in the parks due to the weather and crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter