2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Bill Ocean added to Eat to the Beat lineup:

2017 Eat to the Beat Concert Line Up!
  • Delta Rae — August 31-September 1
  • TBD – September 2-7
  • Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – September 8-10
  • TBD – September 11-15
  • UNCONFIRMED – Sister Hazel – September 16-17
  • TBD — September 18-20
  • David Cook — September 21-22
  • TBD — September 23-27
  • 38 Special – September 28-29
  • Mark Wills — September 30-October 1
  • TBD – October 2-3
  • Christopher Cross – October 4-5
  • TBD – October 6-11
  • Taylor Dane — October 12-13
  • Jeffrey Osbourne – October 14-15
  • TBD — October 16-
  • Billy Ocean – October 25-26
  • TBD – October 27-November 13
Bill From PA

We are waiting for the French Afternoon too. It looked fabulous from last year.

I did the Parisian Afternoon event last year with my 11-year-old daughter and she loved it:lovestruc. She tried everything that was brought to her, even if it was just one bite, and by the time we got to the dessert plate, she didn't even have room for the macarons....and those were the whole reason she wanted to book the event in the first place!

Bill Ocean added to Eat to the Beat lineup:

2017 Eat to the Beat Concert Line Up!
  • Delta Rae — August 31-September 1
  • TBD – September 2-7
  • Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – September 8-10
  • TBD – September 11-15
  • UNCONFIRMED – Sister Hazel – September 16-17
  • TBD — September 18-20
  • David Cook — September 21-22
  • TBD — September 23-27
  • 38 Special – September 28-29
  • Mark Wills — September 30-October 1
  • TBD – October 2-3
  • Christopher Cross – October 4-5
  • TBD – October 6-11
  • Taylor Dane — October 12-13
  • Jeffrey Osbourne – October 14-15
  • TBD — October 16-
  • Billy Ocean – October 25-26
  • TBD – October 27-November 13
Bill From PA

I think that TBD band is stalking me, they are always playing when I'm booked to be there.

I struggle with my feelings about the F&W Festival. I absolutely refuse to eat off a trash can and all the different smells coming from the booths make me nauseated so we just haven't participated in them. Last year, I was disappointed they discontinued the Premium Package. I was all ready to purchase that. I am very interested in the special events, though, and hope they do have some of those open early on. I also am interested in the Parisian ones.

I'm another one who has never eaten off a trash can and I've been to F&W and F&G for the last 5 or 6 years. Last year F&W had lots more tables set up and between those and the benches, I never had a problem finding somewhere to sit. As a matter of fact, I was standing at a table eating and a couple of CMs were next to me setting up more tables and I made it a point of telling them thank you and how much I appreciated it that there were more available. As for special events, you could certainly spend a lot of time (and money) going to those and not doing the booths but a lot of them do take place in Epcot so you are going to get the smells from the booths. Personally, I actually kind of like walking around and getting all the smells. Every year I do at least 2 or 3 of the little wine deminars and the little food deminars at the festival center and always do the food and wine pairing meal at Spice Road tables. Heck, I even like it on the weekends and at night.

Ha, I have eaten off trash cans in years past, when they had few tables. Never bothered us LOL.
That same TBD band is stalking me too, my whole trip is still listed as TBD. At least I know it's not Starship, no offense to the people who love them, but they have been there so many times when I have, I want someone else this time.

when do the schedules of the packages usually come out? This is our first time being there for the event, so outside of MNSSHP reservations, I'm leaving the rest of the trip open to experience yumminess at this.

I'm another one who has never eaten off a trash can and I've been to F&W and F&G for the last 5 or 6 years.
We've really enjoyed the F&G event. No trash can dining either time in 2015 and this year. Maybe it's the milder weather coupled with not such a concentration of different booths and smells that make the F&G a much better experience for me.

Billy Ocean! I'm there on those dates! :dancer:me dancing to Loverboy:yoda::ewok: Unfortunately, I just checked my itinerary and he's there on both MNSSHP and HEA Dessert Party nights. :sad1:

Last edited:
Yes-Billy Ocean! I can still remember last time I saw him that it was just a matter of walking by as he began performing. I was so impressed! So glad for the opportunity to see him again. Now I wish they'd hurry up and announce the performers for October 15-19.

Ha, I have eaten off trash cans in years past, when they had few tables. Never bothered us LOL.
That same TBD band is stalking me too, my whole trip is still listed as TBD. At least I know it's not Starship, no offense to the people who love them, but they have been there so many times when I have, I want someone else this time.
Yep, agree about the Epcot trash cans during Food and Wine. They are usually kept very clean, and all I'm doing is setting something down for a few minutes.

The way we did it was to go all the way around the World Showcase each day but only hit every third F&W kiosk (or so - there were some we did skip entirely). That way, we didn't hit booth right after booth and gave ourselves a little time to "digest" in between. It also added many steps to burn off more calories!

We usually go for 10 park days, 9 this Nov., and we're in WS every afternoon/evening with the possible exception of Sat. I think we hit all the food kiosks last Oct., wifey has the passport somewhere, and that's our goal this year. Two of our three adult children and 5 grandkids will join us for the last 7 days so this trip will be special. Just hope we dodge all hurricanes, unlike last year. Still no acts announced for our dates.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
We're going to do Weds and Thurs at Epcot and then head back into Epcot after a day at HS on Friday. So that gives us two full days and an evening (which I know will be crowded). Between all those, we should get the booths we really are interested in.

I'm interested in doing a couple of days and maybe our departure day. What time do the food booths open for the day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter