2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Ha, I have eaten off trash cans in years past, when they had few tables. Never bothered us LOL.
That same TBD band is stalking me too, my whole trip is still listed as TBD. At least I know it's not Starship, no offense to the people who love them, but they have been there so many times when I have, I want someone else this time.
I'd take your Starship for my Wilson Phillips....they seem to play every time we go...uggghh. This year is a first for us doing a week...past four years we did 3 night trips. I thought, for sure, we'd have a good band... Oct 1- 8.... bet the TBD Oct 2-3 is Wilson Phillips. Got Mark Wills??? And Christopher Cross, meh. We can go 'Sailing'.

I'd take your Starship for my Wilson Phillips....they seem to play every time we go...uggghh. This year is a first for us doing a week...past four years we did 3 night trips. I thought, for sure, we'd have a good band... Oct 1- 8.... bet the TBD Oct 2-3 is Wilson Phillips. Got Mark Wills??? And Christopher Cross, meh. We can go 'Sailing'.
That's how I felt about Wilson Phillips the past three years they were playing when I went. Glad to get someone new this year.

I will take that trade I love Wilson Phillips!!

My husband and I have a 15th anniversary trip planned for October and we're both so excited for F&W. We were there during a soft opening 6 years ago and DH loved trying the different booths, but this will be our first time when it's completely open, so I do have a few questions for those who are experienced.

How busy does it get on weeknights? We'll be there Saturday-Friday with Epcot days planned for Monday-Thursday. We also want to see Pandora and the new fireworks show at MK so I'm trying to figure our schedule.

Also, DH's boss told him about these lanyards that you can get when you load a gift card with $200. They're not the lanyards for the sampler, with the coupons, but something different. He suggested we get those instead of the wrist gift cards because DH hates things on his wrist. Are they available every year or we're they just for something special?

And my last question, is there some kind of passport you can get to keep track of the booths you've been to?

Thank you for all the helpful info being posted for us F&W newbies!

My husband and I have a 15th anniversary trip planned for October and we're both so excited for F&W. We were there during a soft opening 6 years ago and DH loved trying the different booths, but this will be our first time when it's completely open, so I do have a few questions for those who are experienced.

How busy does it get on weeknights? We'll be there Saturday-Friday with Epcot days planned for Monday-Thursday. We also want to see Pandora and the new fireworks show at MK so I'm trying to figure our schedule.

Also, DH's boss told him about these lanyards that you can get when you load a gift card with $200. They're not the lanyards for the sampler, with the coupons, but something different. He suggested we get those instead of the wrist gift cards because DH hates things on his wrist. Are they available every year or we're they just for something special?

And my last question, is there some kind of passport you can get to keep track of the booths you've been to?

Thank you for all the helpful info being posted for us F&W newbies!

It's not bad on week nights.
Not sure about the lanyard around the neck, I always get the wrist band one but you could always just buy a gift card and buy a lanyard anywhere and stick it in it.
Yes, there are books that you can get at every booth, the gift shops and the festival center that have a page for each booth with all the menu items with check boxes on it and there is a page with stickers that represent each booth that you can stick on the page for that booth.

You should be fine on weeknights. Weekends are when it typically gets busy

There will most likely be a lanyard available when you purchase a $200 gift card at the Welcome Center

At each booth they have a passport available that shows what's on the menu at each country and you can mark the countries you've visited

Thank you for all the helpful info being posted for us F&W newbies![/QUOTE]

Hello everyone! I haven't been able to read through this whole thread yet but I was curious how busy Food & Wine would be on a Friday? I know weekends are typically busier but if we hit F&W right when world showcase opens would it be terribly busy?

Hello everyone! I haven't been able to read through this whole thread yet but I was curious how busy Food & Wine would be on a Friday? I know weekends are typically busier but if we hit F&W right when world showcase opens would it be terribly busy?
In my experience, it gets busy as the day progresses. Even on Saturday's I have ben able to enjoy myself for a few hours early in the day. You should be fine if you go early.

Can anyone help me with this Party of the Senses question? We might be going with a group of people and we would like to get the reserved seating tier. So, if we book, does the whole group have to book together or can we all book separately and still be seated together?

Can anyone help me with this Party of the Senses question? We might be going with a group of people and we would like to get the reserved seating tier. So, if we book, does the whole group have to book together or can we all book separately and still be seated together?

As far as I know, you have to book together for all of you to be at the same table. We had a party of 12 when we went 2 years ago - I booked for everyone and then they all paid me.

Can't help with the seating part but just a thought on your group... from a practical standpoint you may want to have the first person from your group that reaches a CM on the phone that morning book the event for everyone. Party for the Senses seems to fill up really really quickly.

Will be there Sept 13-17. Planning on spending the 14 at F&W. Waiting for more details!!!

First time for F&W and we're super excited. Where and what time are the eat to be beat concerts? Do you have to reserve in advance?

First time for F&W and we're super excited. Where and what time are the eat to be beat concerts? Do you have to reserve in advance?
In the past the concerts have been scheduled 3 times each night at 5:30 pm, 6:45PM & 8:00 pm. They sell dining packages that include guaranteed seating for a specific concert time that require your dining reservation be at least 2.5 hours before the concert you plan to attend. The concerts take place at the America Gardens Theater in front of the American Adventure Pavilion. You don't even need to be in the theater seating to hear any of the concerts. Most concerts do not really require reservations.

We are going for the first time during the Fall time and our first F&W Festival (usually have gone during summer & December thanks to a teachers schedule). We will be there October 18-23 staying at the Boardwalk Inn CL for the first time. This trip is definitely a trip of firsts and we are looking forward to experiencing it! I have already learned a lot about F&W through this thread and will definitely be looking for more as more details come out!

Heading to Disney Sept 22-Oct 1 any one on here Planning on being there then? Food and wine will be a must at least 5 days out of the trip, espically since we have the free dining that disney offered. 2 counter services and 2 snacks is 8 snacksper day. Times that by 10 days is 80 snacks at food and wine, per person. you can trade 1 counter service for 3 snacks at a booth. Makes this trip an amazing food and Wine experience. Plus I would recommend if you like to drink bye the VIP badge, comes with 8 pull tabs a specIal pin and VIP seating to the nightly concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter