2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

The badges, packages, etc are not available for purchase yet, right? Just making sure I'm not being blind.....

Heading to Disney Sept 22-Oct 1 any one on here Planning on being there then? Food and wine will be a must at least 5 days out of the trip, espically since we have the free dining that disney offered. 2 counter services and 2 snacks is 8 snacksper day. Times that by 10 days is 80 snacks at food and wine, per person. you can trade 1 counter service for 3 snacks at a booth. Makes this trip an amazing food and Wine experience. Plus I would recommend if you like to drink bye the VIP badge, comes with 8 pull tabs a specIal pin and VIP seating to the nightly concert.

That is awesome! WAY TO SNACK! just wanted to mention that last year the sampler with the pull tabs did not come with the seating at eat to the beat, but did come with a very fancy pin. It was worth it for trying cocktails but make sure you do your math before buying ;)

Heading to Disney Sept 22-Oct 1 any one on here Planning on being there then? Food and wine will be a must at least 5 days out of the trip, espically since we have the free dining that disney offered. 2 counter services and 2 snacks is 8 snacksper day. Times that by 10 days is 80 snacks at food and wine, per person. you can trade 1 counter service for 3 snacks at a booth. Makes this trip an amazing food and Wine experience. Plus I would recommend if you like to drink bye the VIP badge, comes with 8 pull tabs a specIal pin and VIP seating to the nightly concert.

DW and I arrive a day later than you (Sept. 23rd), but leave on the same day. We declined FD because we're staying AKL CL with the Enchanted Escape discount.

We're planning only 2 days for F&W (Sunday and Thursday), but that can change. We've planned 2 days for AK so that we can FP FOP one day and NRJ the other day, 1 day at MK, 1 day at DHS, and 1 day at DS. We shouldn't need 2 full days at AK (typically a 1/2 day park for us pre-Pandora), so I can see us splitting one of those days with Epcot.

That is awesome! WAY TO SNACK! just wanted to mention that last year the sampler with the pull tabs did not come with the seating at eat to the beat, but did come with a very fancy pin. It was worth it for trying cocktails but make sure you do your math before buying ;)

We used our coupons for countless jalapeño margaritas. Crossing my fingers that they will be offered again this year. They were my and my sister-in-law's favorite things. Such a pleasant buzz that made your lips tingle.

When are we expecting the seminar information to come out? I thought it was out this time last year but maybe I'm not remembering right.

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:
We arrive one day after you and leave one day before. See you around world showcase.:wave2:

We've never been to F&W. My husband is a chef, so I'm sure he'd really enjoy it. We're at Disney from August 26 - September 2, so I've planned for us to do Epcot on Aug 31, the first day of F&W. Should we expect it to be crazy busy that day?

We've never been to F&W. My husband is a chef, so I'm sure he'd really enjoy it. We're at Disney from August 26 - September 2, so I've planned for us to do Epcot on Aug 31, the first day of F&W. Should we expect it to be crazy busy that day?

I wouldn't worry about it. Go and enjoy. :)

For one thing, it's a Thursday. For another, there are usually soft previews two days before where some, but not all, of the kiosks are up and running. The crazy crowds will be Friday night and Saturday.

Regarding the seminar information-since the F&W festival is starting several weeks earlier (if I remember last year's dates right) this year, I'm really hoping that the information about the seminars is released earlier. So much of our trip revolves around who we'll see when.

Hi there I will de there those dates. Coming in on the 23rd to the 1st. Solo trip for me. First time to food and wine festival. Can you please explain all that you said in this post. I'm confused. So here goes and maybe you could help me or someone lol

I don't have a DP currently but was told by some nice folks in a thread I started that snack credits can be used for the food kiosk but can counter service credits be used for the food kiosk? Also what's the vip badge? Like I said this is first time to F/W.

Hi there I will de there those dates. Coming in on the 23rd to the 1st. Solo trip for me. First time to food and wine festival. Can you please explain all that you said in this post. I'm confused. So here goes and maybe you could help me or someone lol

I don't have a DP currently but was told by some nice folks in a thread I started that snack credits can be used for the food kiosk but can counter service credits be used for the food kiosk? Also what's the vip badge? Like I said this is first time to F/W.
Quick Service credits can be redeemed for three snack items in a single transaction at the booths. While that's a nice benefit, it rarely makes up for the value of a credit. You probably need to average over $6 per item to come out ahead. Also, not everything in the menu qualifies as a snack item; no alcoholic beverages are included.

You can purchase a set of coupons that hang around your neck. I'm assuming that's what the prior poster means by "VIP badge." You can purchase in 8- or 16- coupon options. Those coupons are valid for almost anything in the menu, including most alcoholic beverages. The break-even on that was about $6.75/item last year.

Quick Service credits can be redeemed for three snack items in a single transaction at the booths. While that's a nice benefit, it rarely makes up for the value of a credit. You probably need to average over $6 per item to come out ahead. Also, not everything in the menu qualifies as a snack item; no alcoholic beverages are included.

You can purchase a set of coupons that hang around your neck. I'm assuming that's what the prior poster means by "VIP badge." You can purchase in 8- or 16- coupon options. Those coupons are valid for almost anything in the menu, including most alcoholic beverages. The break-even on that was about $6.75/item last year.
are they worth getting and where can you find them or purchase them? I was originally just planning on bringing Disney gift cards to pay for the stuff at Food and Wine but maybe this is a better way to go about doing that. Any advice is appreciated.

are they worth getting and where can you find them or purchase them? I was originally just planning on bringing Disney gift cards to pay for the stuff at Food and Wine but maybe this is a better way to go about doing that. Any advice is appreciated.

Are they worth it depends on the cost for this year and cost for the items at the booths. No one knows how much the badges will cost, nor has the booth information been released yet. Previous poster mentioned last year the break even point was $6.75 per item. That means you would have to get something from a booth that costs $6.75 or higher to break even. While doable for the alcohol, most of the food items come in below that. I just buy gift cards at a discount at Sam's. I don't get a lot of alcohol from the booths so the badges don't work for me.

$6.75 may have been the break even point of the 16 coupon booklet. The 8 coupon booklet had a higher break even point $7.25 to $7.50.

I've always said that you shouldnt buy those thinking that you're getting a deal. It's only worth it if you're interested in the pin

Wow. Going to F&W for the first time this year. Is there a thread that gives a newbie some info? Don't have a dining plan, and a lot of these posts are about that, What's a coupon booklet? What are the badges? Trying to get educated but the WDW site has practically nothing on it. Where should I be looking? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter