2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I hope we start getting info on the booths, seminars, etc. soon. I am the information queen for our family's trip (relaying any and all news to my parents and siblings). Mom in particular is getting antsy wanting to know more.
ME TOO!!! (And my Mom too!)

Where is the best place to monitor for info on special dining opportunities at F&W. I attended Beer VS Wine event at Via Napoli last year, but had difficult time get Ressie. I lucked out and someone canceled and I grabbed spot. Not sure which threads to follow. Thanks for your help
Definitely this thread!

I used the 8 tab sampler for the lobster roll (America) and fillet mignon (Canada), plus various drinks above the break-even which was $7.85 in 2016. I know for a fact I will not be buying it this year, as most of the cocktails were not worth it. I'd rather save my money for drinks at the regular stands throughout WS. The pin that came with it was nice (and massive), but the tab sampler itself was falling apart by the end of my trip. Couldn't wear it around my neck and had to put it in my bag.

We are going 9/20-9/28 to celebrate DSis' 40th :cake:, and Dsis and Dbil's anniversary :banana:. Adults only trip, woo-hoo!party:
It will be Dbil's first trip to WDW, and Dsis' first for F&W. We all can't wait for the info to come available; it's too hard choosing where to make dining ressies when we don't know what we will want to be doing those days, festival wise :confused3. Looking forward to seeing all the other Disers there at the same time!:wave:

I don't think they are going to extend Highway in the sky through to the fall with the Food and wine going on but it really sounds great!
I was just looking at dining reservations, and Highway in the sky is still offered for end of September dates.

I think she will, not least because for the last few years we've given her nothing but Disney gift cards for Xmas, Mother's Day, her birthday, etc. She'd have nothing to spend them on if she didn't go.

Just make sure she remembers to bring the gift cards on the trip. We had given my mom a Disney gift card for Christmas, but she forgot about it for the March trip. So we had to purchase it back from her afterwards.

Everytime we have a dining rez during F&W we regret having it. We just like grazing so much a big meal takes away from that. Also, we still like the regular spots like England, China, Mexico for quick service. We did make a rez for the Tea Room at the Floridian and did not regret doing that one bit.

Everytime we have a dining rez during F&W we regret having it. We just like grazing so much a big meal takes away from that. Also, we still like the regular spots like England, China, Mexico for quick service. We did make a rez for the Tea Room at the Floridian and did not regret doing that one bit.
I know, but we are there for two weeks, actually a little longer so we have plenty of time to do both. Last time we weren't there for that long and we made the mistake of having a lot of ADR's...way too full to do it all! lol

Sure with two weeks you need a few at least. I just booked us breakfast at Kona our first morning (1040) at PVB, that'll work out perfect. Sleep in, over eat, short nap, do 7-8 hours at MK.

Frankly, we did a few ADRs because we know we get tired of going to booths and getting our food all the time. It's just nice after a few days to sit down and have someone serve you your food for a change.

@Auntie_Maim, if your mom has a lot of gift cards, it might be a good idea for her to use disneygiftcard.com. Setting up an account there lets you combine amounts, turning multiple cards into just one or two to bring along. It can also help if she forgets to bring the cards on the trip. All she would have to do is buy a new card, loading it with the minimum amount needed, and use the website to transfer the amounts.

I was just looking at dining reservations, and Highway in the sky is still offered for end of September dates.
Thanks for this information. There were rumors that Highway in the Sky was ending in July. Maybe there's hope for my upcoming October trip.

Where is the best place to monitor for info on special dining opportunities at F&W. I attended Beer VS Wine event at Via Napoli last year, but had difficult time get Ressie. I lucked out and someone canceled and I grabbed spot. Not sure which threads to follow. Thanks for your help

Definitely this thread!

I'll have all of the announcements with links posted to this thread as soon as information is released by Disney.

Hi! I'm planning to go to F&W in September this year, and also planning to get my first ever annual pass this year. Does an AP get me discounts on food and/or drinks at the country booths at F&W? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter