2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that the Eat to the Beat concert schedule has been finalized with Joey Fatone and Friends being scheduled for the last TBA slot, from 11/12 to 11/14.

The concert schedule on page 1 of this thread has been updated to reflect this change.

I normally hate to actually do table reservations during F&W at Epcot, but looking over the menus, I'm gonna have a hard time finding enough food DS13 is gonna eat. :(

Normally TiW discount will not work for Eat to the Beat dining packages but for now there is an AP Discount for them! I’m sure we really don’t need the package for Mercy Me as I can’t imagine that many people are into Christian Contemporary music but just in case, I have the package booked. I want a seat and I wasn’t sure how popular they will be. I hope I’m totally off base and that they will be packed to the gills :fish:
I'm sorry if we missed it - we already have our EttB package, but we won't be activating our AP until we get there for that trip - anyway to still get it after we activate our pass?

I normally hate to actually do table reservations during F&W at Epcot, but looking over the menus, I'm gonna have a hard time finding enough food DS13 is gonna eat. :(

Can you find quick service that DS13 will eat while you enjoy stuff from the booths? I could imagine my DS grabbing fish & chips in the UK while I eat from the Ireland booth and other nearby booths...

I need everyone’s expert opinions. We are planning to go to WDW Sept 26-29. We are only going to do two days in the parks (thinking about getting that midday ticket they just rolled out). If we want to do Galaxy’s Edge one day and Food & Wine another day, which should we do on Friday and which should we do on Saturday? I have a feeling that F&W is packed on Saturdays because I’m sure it draws a bunch of local traffic. I have no idea how insane Star Wars will be-hoping Ryno and Craig keep us updated on that. I’ve never been to Disney in the fall, so I’m extremely excited!

I need everyone’s expert opinions. We are planning to go to WDW Sept 26-29. We are only going to do two days in the parks (thinking about getting that midday ticket they just rolled out). If we want to do Galaxy’s Edge one day and Food & Wine another day, which should we do on Friday and which should we do on Saturday? I have a feeling that F&W is packed on Saturdays because I’m sure it draws a bunch of local traffic. I have no idea how insane Star Wars will be-hoping Ryno and Craig keep us updated on that. I’ve never been to Disney in the fall, so I’m extremely excited!

The only thing I can contribute is that F&W at night on Fridays and Saturdays are the busiest times to go, so pace yourself and be ready for crowds. I'm guessing it gets busier earlier on Saturdays.

I'd keep an eye on the reports from GE and make your decision based off of that perhaps.

Fun time to be visiting. I think both are going to be crowded no matter what day you pick. I’d probably choose F&W for the Friday (potentially fewer locals) and although a full ticket, if staying on property I might consider the 6am extra extra magic hours to head to Galaxy’s Edge on Saturday. I just went to a preview of Galaxy’s Edge and it was amazing! Keep in mind at Epcot it will not only be F&W but also the last few showings of Illuminations (last show is 9/30) and anecdotally seems like a lot of people planned a special trip to say farewell. If you go in expecting crowds, I think you’ll be fine. Have a great trip!!

How is the food & Beverage pairing? Going with a buddy sept 5, it's chicken and beer that day. Is it worth the money?

Think it would be fun to do something other than just walk the booths

How is the food & Beverage pairing? Going with a buddy sept 5, it's chicken and beer that day. Is it worth the money?

Think it would be fun to do something other than just walk the booths
They got mixed reviews last year. I went to 3 and really enjoyed them. It looks like the chef on the 5th is from California Grill so that is promising. And chicken & beer sounds good. If like last year, the chef is “on stage” showing/talking about how to make the item and the beverage person will talk about why they picked what they did to pair and you get to try it, of course. There’s a host who moderates and they sometimes take audience questions. You’ll likely get a single beer or potentially a flight of smaller servings (equivalent of 1 drink basically) - that will probably be already poured when you sit down & typically no refills so save some for the food if want the pairing effect- and the chicken dish will be approximately the size of the dishes you might get at the booths/appetizer sized (i.e. not a full entree). If you enjoy cooking shows and getting cooking tips, learning about pairing, I say this one sounds like a good one to try. It is nice to sit down in the AC for a bit!

1000% agree. I love getting them as a souvenir, but they're not useful for carrying snacks/drinks and trying to walk around at the same time. Once upon a time someone mentioned bringing a tray like you'd get from a cafeteria or QS and that seems like a better idea to me. The reason the trays don't work (for me at least) is you can't really hold them and eat at the same time, and they're so small that you can't put a bunch of items on them at once.

Thanks for this! Our first time at F&W but we have some trays from South Beach F&W that I was going to bring. I’ll skip it I guess.

Thanks for this! Our first time at F&W but we have some trays from South Beach F&W that I was going to bring. I’ll skip it I guess.
This is our first F&W too and I thought the trays looked cute but only if they were functional and could hold a couple items lol think I’ll just pass

Has the Disney Food Blog posted their usual blog post with the booths and photos and stuff yet? I feel like I've normally seen it by now but everyone is talking about Star Wars and I'm just over here waiting for the food. :rotfl:

Thinking of doing F&W on our Hollywood Studios Day. What time does the food booths usually close ?

One more stupid question. Will the F&W center (where the merchandise is all sold) be open at 11 with the rest of the world showcase, or would that be open at 9 with the park?

They try to have some kid-friendly stuff, but failing that, what about something like The Electric Umbrella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter