2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't wait to attend my first F&W. There's so many different foods I want to try so bad after looking at the menus lol. Am an AP holder so will be going at least 4 times to get that coaster swag

I read you can get the passport that you can get stamped (I guess to know which foods you try?). Is it something to use during the whole time there, or need to pickup a new one each time? Sorry for it being a dumb question

No dumb questions! I hope you love your first F&W! The passport is primarily an optional "tool" for you to use and mark as you wish, if you wish. The only thing you will "need" the passport for is if you are doing Emile's Fromage Montage - if you try 5 different items and get the stamps, you can show your stamped passport to get a piece of cheesecake. This is the first year for this so remains to be seen how it all works. In recent years the "stamps" have been in the form of stickers that are in the center of the passport and it was "on the honor system" to check off what you tried (but there was no prize or anything). Several years back, the CMs at the register at each booth had actual stamps and you had to remember to ask to have it stamped when you were ordering (they were good about stamping if you circled back and explained you had forgotten)

Otherwise, you're free to use or not use the passport. Generally you'd use the same one throughout your trip but if you forget it in your room or something they're in ample supply (generally located with the maps and also at the festival merchandise shops) and you're free to pick up another one.

Emile’s Fromage Montage
Join Remy's brother Emile on a stroll around Epcot to enjoy a variety of delicious cheeses served in inventive ways.​
Purchase 5 fabulous fromages and reward yourself with the corresponding stamp in your Festival Passport. Then, bring your Festival Passport to Shimmering Sips for a complimentary specialty cheesecake unique to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!​
Feel free to try 5 different items, or return to the same location to revisit a favorite. Complete Emile's Fromage Montage at your own pace, in one day or over several days during this year's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.​
Fromage Montage Locations and Menu Items
  • Earth Eats
    IMPOSSIBLE™ Cottage Pie: IMPOSSIBLE™ Ground Meat with Carrots, Mushrooms, and Peas topped with Mashed Cauliflower, White Beans and Mozzarella (V)
  • The Cheese Studio
    Black Pepper Boursin® Soufflé with Fig Marmalade (V)
  • The Alps
    Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (V) (KA)
  • Germany
    Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (KA)
  • Brazil
    Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA)
  • Shimmering Sips
    Exclusive Fromage Montage Complimentary Cheesecake
Important Information
  • Must purchase 5 Emile's Fromage Montage menu items to redeem for complimentary cheesecake.
    • One item per fully-stamped Festival Passport, while supplies last.
    • Not valid for theme park admission.

I’m hoping to be there on Thursday! So will a lot of bloggers, I imagine - though will be interesting to see how they balance coverage between F&W and Galaxy’s Edge. I can’t pretend to provide any “journalistic” coverage and bloggers will do far better than I can but am happy to try to investigate any questions my fellow posters here have. I’m very interested to see the state of the walkway from Imagination - as of Sat (8/24) was still construction zone.

Any AP interested in trading one Minnie magnet for one Ratatouille magnet? I'll have two Ratatouille ones and would love one of each for my fridge! Feel free to PM me! Thanks!

I’m hoping to be there on Thursday! So will a lot of bloggers, I imagine - though will be interesting to see how they balance coverage between F&W and Galaxy’s Edge. I can’t pretend to provide any “journalistic” coverage and bloggers will do far better than I can but am happy to try to investigate any questions my fellow posters here have. I’m very interested to see the state of the walkway from Imagination - as of Sat (8/24) was still construction zone.
Looking forward to any reviews/opinions you have on opening day!! :thumbsup2

Now you're making me think I should take an extended lunch on Thursday from work and stop by

Any word on if there will be a coupon card this year? We found it was a nice way to save a bit on the more expensive items.

Any word on if there will be a coupon card this year? We found it was a nice way to save a bit on the more expensive items.
They did not offer the Sampler Package last year so I am not expecting them do offer it this year. It was a great and rare deal on expensive items - particularly champagne - and that, I fear, is why they didn’t offer it last year.

The tray idea...would I be the only person walking around with a tray?
You definitely wouldn’t be the only one but I haven’t seen a ton of them. I have one from several years ago and take if I’m going on a weekend and think I might have a hard time finding a standing table (or trash can) but during the week I don’t really use it.

So what happens to F&W if the TS/TS remnants hit Orlando this weekend? We currently are planning on going Friday afternoon and Monday afternoon.

What happens? It rains a lot. if there is heavy wind, they will likely shut down the outdoor booths for the safety of the CMs, and there won't be Illuminations if the wind is heavy enough.

The track could always change, but Sunday looks like the big day right now.

I've seen them close the booths for thunderstorms with lightning and heavy wind so they can clear out the CMs who work inside, so it'll depend on how strong the winds and rain are. They tie the booths down for anticipated hurricanes. this one isn't anticipated to be a hurricane when it gets to Florida, but it could still shut some things down within the parks if the weather will be bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter