• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2020 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search

Me three :-( I got my no email for WDW this morning. I felt good about my application, so you never know what they’re looking for in a given year. Did anyone from Disboards make it to R3? Fingers crossed!!

Got my rejection too! Is it weird that it's almost a relief to know that I'm not the only one? Oddly makes the rejection a little easier.

Me three :-( I got my no email for WDW this morning. I felt good about my application, so you never know what they’re looking for in a given year. Did anyone from Disboards make it to R3? Fingers crossed!!

I know, right? Like, I put my heart and soul into the video, I did my best. I can't do more than my best. Not sure I'll bother applying in the future, or maybe I'll just take a year off (this was my 4th year applying, first time going to round 2).
Got my rejection too! Is it weird that it's almost a relief to know that I'm not the only one? Oddly makes the rejection a little easier.
No, I get that. Makes me feel a bit better too, misery loves company :lmao: :hug:

We’re all in this crazy rollercoaster ride together!!
I know, right? Like, I put my heart and soul into the video, I did my best. I can't do more than my best. Not sure I'll bother applying in the future, or maybe I'll just take a year off (this was my 4th year applying, first time going to round 2).

Yeah, I also feel like I poured my heart and soul into the video. I’ve never made anything like that before, and was nervous about filming. I surprised myself in the end, so I guess I grew during the application process!

I really think they must have to leave a lot of “perfect” applications behind in R2 because there are so many qualified applicants.

I didn't make it to Round 3 either. I knew it was a long shot, and it was still fun to daydream!

Hi All! What was the email address the email came from? I've been constantly scanning my SPAM since I didn't get the last email and fully expect to get a rejection for this next round.

Round 3 Reject Here too!!! Oh well. :) It was fun. Maybe I'll try again next year... maybe I'll just stick to informing my friends. HA.

@horvatron Did you get your call today??
Sadly I did not make it onto the panel. It was a pretty depressing day but I soon got over it.
There were 21 of us on FB that found each other and formed a little R3 group. Of that 21, only 5 made it onto the panel. Not sure where the rest are coming from. It looks like there are a lot of former panelists coming back. The odds are tough.

Sadly I did not make it onto the panel. It was a pretty depressing day but I soon got over it.
There were 21 of us on FB that found each other and formed a little R3 group. Of that 21, only 5 made it onto the panel. Not sure where the rest are coming from. It looks like there are a lot of former panelists coming back. The odds are tough.

Sorry to hear that this wasn’t your year :-( The odds are brutal but I can’t believe that less than 25% of your R3 group made it. Thanks for sharing that data. I’ve always estimated that 25-30 people make it to R3, by who knows. It’ll be interesting to see the number of panelists when they announce them in January.

In the past couple years there have been 40 panelists—10-12 new ones and the rest returning. So there are always a lot of returning panelists.

@horvatron awww I'm sorry, definitely disappointing!

I had no idea there were so many returning panelists, I just figured they were all new each year. Honestly that doesn't exactly sound fair to have so many returning. Maybe one returning from each category.....how many times do you get to 'return' for? Do they get retested each year?

@horvatronI had no idea there were so many returning panelists, I just figured they were all new each year. Honestly that doesn't exactly sound fair to have so many returning. Maybe one returning from each category.....how many times do you get to 'return' for? Do they get retested each year?

There are usually 10-12 new panelists and 28-30 returning panelists each year (or at least in recent years). There’s a lot of work that goes into training new panelists, so I think that’s why there are always so many returning ones!

The returning panelists also have to apply, but through a different process than the one for new panelists (I’m guessing it’s less involved, but I have no idea!). Panelists can only serve two consecutive years at a time because of Florida employment law. They can take a year off and apply again.

There are usually 10-12 new panelists and 28-30 returning panelists each year (or at least in recent years). There’s a lot of work that goes into training new panelists, so I think that’s why there are always so many returning ones!

The returning panelists also have to apply, but through a different process than the one for new panelists (I’m guessing it’s less involved, but I have no idea!). Panelists can only serve two consecutive years at a time because of Florida employment law. They can take a year off and apply again.

Correct, except we don't reapply but are invited back if we are interested in serving again. You could be invited to come back for a full year or a shorter term. Some alumni panelists do go to other endeavors that disqualifies them for serving in the panel (like becoming travel agents).

I served for two full years, followed by my obligatory year in the vault, and then back this past year for 9 months. But won't be coming back next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter