2020 Watch??

We booked our March 2017 on opening day, which was first week of Oct 2015. Last year, I think opening day was November. 2016 was later Oct. There was speculation last year that the opening for Spring 2019 would be Nov, because those impacted by the hurricanes were given until the end of Oct to rebook with their discount.

That particular NCL ship actually is US flagged, which means they avoid the foreign port but have to comply with US labor regulations, minimum wage, E-verify, etc. All far too expensive for any other lines to have any interest in a similar move.

And because they are US flagged and in 2008 were required to staff 100% US crew, the experience was horrid. They have since gotten permission to staff 25% foreign crew, which from reviews seems to have helped, but I would never sail on them again because of that experience. With Aulani over there, it would be amazing if Disney could keep a ship over there, probably one of the the older ones (because it's smaller) -- but not sure it would be cost effective year round.

There was speculation last year that the opening for Spring 2019 would be Nov, because those impacted by the hurricanes were given until the end of Oct to rebook with their discount.

Which makes total sense. caught me by surprise though as I had budgeted to book in mid November. We're just going to have to wait and hope our cruise is less popular and won't go up by much until we can book.

Just curious as to when/how we can view pricing for the Early 2020 trips. They are not yet listed on the site that I can find...

It appears only itineraries have been released up to May 2020. Any guess as to when the rest of 2020 will be released?? TIA

I think its usually by May. Fall 2019 was in May. And we probably will start getting more details on the 2021 ship hopefully before then.

If they follow the same basic schedule they did with the Dream class, based on the delivery date in Meyer Werft's order book, we may have some info. At the end of the day, we are at the mercy of the Mouse on getting information so only they'll know for sure.

Excited over Hawaii and would love to do it but fear what the prices might be

$$$$$$$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter