2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Does anybody know if someone has both resale and direct points under separate use years and the reservation was booked with resale points I'm assuming it wouldn't allow that person to sign up for Moonlight Magic since the reservation that is eligible is under a membership that isn't DVC-Y even though their other membership is DVC-Y.

It allows you to register. You just have to be eligible…and you use the membership number that the reservation is tied to…the system can recognize you as being eligible..

That was me in 2020….

Since both dates are at capacity, does that mean no spots left for the general reservation date? Just wondering if those who missed out will still have a chance for a spot. IOW, does Disney save some spots for the general reservation period?

Since both dates are at capacity, does that mean no spots left for the general reservation date? Just wondering if those who missed out will still have a chance for a spot. IOW, does Disney save some spots for the general reservation period?
They save usually ~<1000 spots for general booking

It allows you to register. You just have to be eligible…and you use the membership number that the reservation is tied to…the system can recognize you as being eligible..

That was me in 2020….
Interesting, so you used your resale membership number to login to the system and it still recognized that you also had direct points under another membership. There was another poster saying he logged in with his direct membership and it saw the reservation he made under his resale membership and determined he was eligible.

Interesting, so you used your resale membership number to login to the system and it still recognized that you also had direct points under another membership. There was another poster saying he logged in with his direct membership and it saw the reservation he made under his resale membership and determined he was eligible.

Yes…I had to use my resale membership number…my qualifying number didn’t work…I tried it first.…but, that was 2020 so things may be different now.

This time, all my memberships are qualified so I just used the one the reservation is under.

Yes…I had to use my resale membership number…my qualifying number didn’t work…I tried it first.…but, that was 2020 so things may be different now.

This time, all my memberships are qualified so I just used the one the reservation is under.
When registering for this year's 2/8/23 event I had multiple browsers open. When the lowest entry number came available I tried my resale membership number, only to be kicked out and brought around to a fresh window with a now much higher number. Fortunately a had a second window open with a lowish number, when it came available I now successfully used my direct membership even though my ressie was under my resale membership. YMMV

When registering for this year's 2/8/23 event I had multiple browsers open. When the lowest entry number came available I tried my resale membership number, only to be kicked out and brought around to a fresh window with a now much higher number. Fortunately a had a second window open with a lowish number, when it came available I now successfully used my direct membership even though my ressie was under my resale membership. YMMV

It obviously is different then what happened in 2020..and the way it is now makes a lot more sense!

Thanks to everyone who shared their queue links!!

I had two devices and was pretty discouraged when my queue positions were 7800+ and 9200+ after arriving about 30 minutes before the start.

I was able to use one of the shared links to get tickets for May 11th, after the first 3 I tried were either expired or already used, the 4th one worked great! I’m not sure which one it was. Thanks so much!
I wonder if the queues we were placed were further divided by each date? Ones I posted for September event access

Hello,
I apologize if this has been asked, but this year's moonlight magic seems so hard to get and I don't understand.
This forum is great btw, but I started looking here too late. I had been calling DVC and every 2 weeks to get the email link sorted out because after July, suddenly I stopped getting emails. I see that a number of you have the exact same problem. Years ago, I found out that a Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic was happening while we were going to be there to so I signed up-- maybe even a day or two after the email or stumbling across it on the website.
But TODAY WAS INSANE and I didn't even get Taylor Swift tickets!
I was lucky enough to be number 2350, and was able to register for 5/11 and I was just so surprised at the whole process. I am becoming a nervous wreck! I am a teacher and luckily, I didn't have to cover a class so I had a planning period, and our wifi held up....otherwise we would not be going.I like to plan, but I'm super anxious.
So I am wondering if it was a well kept secret before OR were there many more events spread out through the year? What's the deal? I feel SO bad for the people who did not get a chance to register. I hope that on May 3 they can. How many people do they allow in and How many DVC member will be there on a given day? So many questions. I will dig around some more to try to find the answers but I sure would appreciate any insights. I will see a lot of you on 5/11 and it will be so nice to meet you : )

5/11 sold out. @ 494 for 9/13 … yikes!!!!!!
Woo hoo - so I got the tickets but boy was it a bit stressful (my own fault too!). I basically know my member # by heart but wrote it down and left out one number so kept getting "error message." Finally, got it all done and confirmation email at 12:13 pm.
Was a bit annoyed that my husband's name automatically came up, so had to change that and see the confirmed member for check-in is still him! I mean I guess he will be there but always seems his name comes up when he basically just shows up for vacation, doesn't know much about DVC!!
Gosh I need a vacation now...:flower1:

P.S. registered on my iPhone which was last device (@ 10:55 am) and rec'd #6616. Did my work desktop at 10:15 - #7748 and IPad around 10:45 am - 10,674!!!! Totally random.

It worked the same today. But I thought I had to enter the qualifying membership number. Didn’t work and got bumped out immediately. Luckily, I had another device about 500 behind. Once I was able to get back to the registration page, I was able to use the resale membership number used for the reservation.

The opposite happened for me today. Used the direct membership number first and got bumped out because “I didn't have a reservation”. Got back in 10 min later and used my resale membership that had the reservation.

The opposite happened for me today. Used the direct membership number first and got bumped out because “I didn't have a reservation”. Got back in 10 min later and used my resale membership that had the reservation.
So.. what you're saying is basically 50/50 shot on which one is the right one :p. I might just consider booking the MM rezzies with the direct membership only from now on to avoid the possibility of missing out on it lol

Wow - was expecting a lot more "horror" stories. Got in the queue through the e-mail link (only one browser-maybe my issue) about 15 minutes before launch time and got position 10,600 or so. And looks like all slots got filled at the time I was around the 3.600 position. Wish I had researched how hard it is to get these. I've got some disappointed travel mates that I wouldn't have even mentioned it to until I got them if I had known. Expected with a reservation and joining at opening would be enough.

Congrats to all who got tickets and enjoy!

Wow - was expecting a lot more "horror" stories. Got in the queue through the e-mail link (only one browser-maybe my issue) about 15 minutes before launch time and got position 10,600 or so. And looks like all slots got filled at the time I was around the 3.600 position. Wish I had researched how hard it is to get these. I've got some disappointed travel mates that I wouldn't have even mentioned it to until I got them if I had known. Expected with a reservation and joining at opening would be enough.

Congrats to all who got tickets and enjoy!
:( yeahhh unfortunately once you were assigned 10,600 you weren't going to get the tickets. The only way you would've gotten it is if you had been on here and taken someone else's queue ID to get in. Opening multiple devices gives you multiple chances at a lower queue number so in the future do that. I had multiple opened and the lowest I got was still only 3,000.

People who went last year to the DHS events, how were lines all night? I bet it won't be possible to cycle RoR in walk on. But were Slinky and MRT doable?
During the first ever MM event at DHS (the only one I went to), before opening of Galaxy Edge, ToT was a walk on, but as much as I love it, after doing it 6 times in a row I was ready for something else 😄

:( yeahhh unfortunately once you were assigned 10,600 you weren't going to get the tickets. The only way you would've gotten it is if you had been on here and taken someone else's queue ID to get in. Opening multiple devices gives you multiple chances at a lower queue number so in the future do that. I had multiple opened and the lowest I got was still only 3,000.
It’s unfortunate that we have to do this, but it’s how we do it too. My next time my 3 granddaughters are with us (celebrating graduation and sweet 16 trip) and I’m hoping we can get in. I’ve already assigned 2 more people to try to get in for us in addition to my husband and myself. I did get in for HS in September for a party of 2. But the AK one is the one I really want. I have 2 rooms booked under my points. If it only accepts 5 instead of 7 my husband and I will srep back. I will have to remember to click my daughter as the member attending instead of myself. I even canceled my dental appt to do this June sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter