2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

What is this with people sharing links for their queues? If you are eligible to register for early registration, are you just giving it up to someone who may or may not be eligible?

What is this with people sharing links for their queues? If you are eligible to register for early registration, are you just giving it up to someone who may or may not be eligible?
I think its only allowing people to register if you have a reservation for that date. When I signed up to get it, it did not offer me the May date since I didn't have a May reservation but it did offer me the September. Anybody can create as many queue IDs as they want if they use a different device for each. The queue ID is just a spot in line to sign up.

I think its only allowing people to register if you have a reservation for that date. When I signed up to get it, it did not offer me the May date since I didn't have a May reservation but it did offer me the September. Anybody can create as many queue IDs as they want if they use a different device for each. The queue ID is just a spot in line to sign up.
Correct. If you followed the Queue ID and entered a membership ID that doesn’t have an eligible reservation linked to it, you wouldn’t get any further.

Once you put in your DVC member number, the system wouldn't let you register if you're not eligible. People shared their spots in line with others if they didn't need the spot anymore, but it doesn't help a non-member/a member who isn't eligible/a member with no reservation

Thanks to everyone who shared their queue links!!

I had two devices and was pretty discouraged when my queue positions were 7800+ and 9200+ after arriving about 30 minutes before the start.

I was able to use one of the shared links to get tickets for May 11th, after the first 3 I tried were either expired or already used, the 4th one worked great! I’m not sure which one it was. Thanks so much!

Does anybody know if someone has both resale and direct points under separate use years and the reservation was booked with resale points I'm assuming it wouldn't allow that person to sign up for Moonlight Magic since the reservation that is eligible is under a membership that isn't DVC-Y even though their other membership is DVC-Y.

Does anybody know if someone has both resale and direct points under separate use years and the reservation was booked with resale points I'm assuming it wouldn't allow that person to sign up for Moonlight Magic since the reservation that is eligible is under a membership that isn't DVC-Y even though their other membership is DVC-Y.
I had successfully booked the 2/8/23 Epcot MM using my VGF Direct membership while staying on points from my RIV Resale membership.

I had successfully booked the 2/8/23 Epcot MM using my VGF Direct membership while staying on points from my RIV Resale membership.
Edit: just re-read what you said so they were points from different use years correct?

So they still send you an email with the registration link even though your registration was on resale points? Does the system just know you are also a direct member and should be included in the email?

So they still send you an email with the registration link even though your registration was on resale points? Does the system just know you are also a direct member and should be included in the email?
Correct, automatically rec'd the email with the registration link even though...

How I view it is by asking: Who paid Disney for the stay?

Staying on your own points, whether they be from the DVC-Y eligible membership or not, is still coming out of your own pocket via dues. This is the same as a cash stay. You're paying. Therefore staying on another UY that's DVC-ND is still able to use the advanced registration.

It's the instances when, even though you have a DVC-Y membership, you are renting or staying on someone else's points (regardless if they are DYC-Y or not) that you cannot use the advanced registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter