2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

The opposite happened for me today. Used the direct membership number first and got bumped out because “I didn't have a reservation”. Got back in 10 min later and used my resale membership that had the reservation.
We have a couple of contracts BUT only 1 membership # ,it sure makes things easier.

So.. what you're saying is basically 50/50 shot on which one is the right one :p. I might just consider booking the MM rezzies with the direct membership only from now on to avoid the possibility of missing out on it lol
Now doubting my own results, which seems to happen more often now that I'm in retirement..
I have an Aug 2 ressie on my resale membership, if I get a low enough registration number on June 14 for the AK MM maybe I can get the a definitive answer (at least for what works at that exact moment in time).
Thanks

I know Moonlight Magic registration is linked to your resort reservation so if you cancel your room, your MM registration is automatically cancelled. Does anyone know if modifications to your room are allowed? We were lucky enough to get HS MM for 9/13 but would like to waitlist to see if we can get another resort location. With modifications, the resort reservation number remains the same, so I assume it's okay?

I know Moonlight Magic registration is linked to your resort reservation so if you cancel your room, your MM registration is automatically cancelled. Does anyone know if modifications to your room are allowed? We were lucky enough to get HS MM for 9/13 but would like to waitlist to see if we can get another resort location. With modifications, the resort reservation number remains the same, so I assume it's okay?
As long as the reservation number doesn't change, your MM registration will not be cancelled. Wait listing & the modify process retain the same reservation number, so you are good to go. Congrats on getting the MM tickets.

Yes, you can modify and put in a waitlist. I got it confirmed in writing today from MS that those won’t impact your MM tickets.

And, don’t forget when setting up the waitlist to list all guests that were there when you got your tickets. I almost forgot to do that!

Last edited:
Has anyone every tried switching their reservation for MM dates from a DVC reservation to a cash reservation? I am wishing I'd booked a cash reservation but now worried about changing in case it cancels my MM reservation. I also thought maybe if I get my cash reservation in, amend my DVC reservation (I want to use those points for a different date) and hope that this means the original DVC hotel reservation number not being cancelled doesn't trigger the MM cancellation and if it does hope that I can call member services and get it reinstated as they will be able to see the cash reservation.

Very complicated and specific - I'm thinking I call member services also before I do anything...

Has anyone every tried switching their reservation for MM dates from a DVC reservation to a cash reservation? I am wishing I'd booked a cash reservation but now worried about changing in case it cancels my MM reservation. I also thought maybe if I get my cash reservation in, amend my DVC reservation (I want to use those points for a different date) and hope that this means the original DVC hotel reservation number not being cancelled doesn't trigger the MM cancellation and if it does hope that I can call member services and get it reinstated as they will be able to see the cash reservation.

Very complicated and specific - I'm thinking I call member services also before I do anything...
I don’t think you would be able to. You can modify the reservation to potentially change resorts even through DVC points but booking a room for cash would likely result in you getting a different confirmation number AKA you would forfeit your Moonlight Magic reservation.

Edit: one thing you could maybe do is modify the reservation just down to the one night for Moonlight Magic so you keep the confirmation number and then book the rest of the stay with cash but I’d check with Member Services before doing anything.

You would lose the reservation to MM. I confirmed that modifications and waitlists won’t impact it because it doesn’t change the reservation number.

But, if you cancel, then it will cancel the MM tickets. I got this confirmed in writing from them this week because I didn’t want to waitlist if it impacted things.

I have 4 nights at Kidani standard which includes the 13th, the night of the MM.
I would like to switch to Jambo standard. I already have 3 nights but I'm missing a night in the middle which I have waitlisted. The waitlist is not set to replace the Kidani reservation automatically. So, If I get it, I would end with 2 reservations, one for Kidani that I used to book MM and the other for Jambo I would like to keep.
I guess I cannot ask MS to move my MM ticket to the Jambo reservation, if I cancel Kidani I lose the ticket. My only option would be to try to cancel the Jambo reservation and immediately modify the Kidani reservation and hope no one (or a WL) snatches it before I can edit it.
Am I right?

I have 4 nights at Kidani standard which includes the 13th, the night of the MM.
I would like to switch to Jambo standard. I already have 3 nights but I'm missing a night in the middle which I have waitlisted. The waitlist is not set to replace the Kidani reservation automatically. So, If I get it, I would end with 2 reservations, one for Kidani that I used to book MM and the other for Jambo I would like to keep.
I guess I cannot ask MS to move my MM ticket to the Jambo reservation, if I cancel Kidani I lose the ticket. My only option would be to try to cancel the Jambo reservation and immediately modify the Kidani reservation and hope no one (or a WL) snatches it before I can edit it.
Am I right?

Correct.

Does a 3 year old count as one of your guests? We have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. I know the baby doesn't count, but I've seen mixed wording on a 3 year old.

Does a 3 year old count as one of your guests? We have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. I know the baby doesn't count, but I've seen mixed wording on a 3 year old.
Party Size Limits
A Member can register themself and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5)—or up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation, provided it was finalized prior to June 11, 2023. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after June 11, 2023 will not change your party size for the event. Children younger than 3 years of age do not need to be registered for this event.

Pretty sure technically they should be registered, will they be able to tell if your kid is 3 vs 2.5? probably not.

You would have been limited to however many guests you had listed when you got your tickets…so, yes, the 3 year old will need their own ticket, as they would have been there in order to have gotten her one.

You would have been limited to however many guests you had listed when you got your tickets…so, yes, the 3 year old will need their own ticket, as they would have been there in order to have gotten her one.
We have a party of 5 adults, a newly 3 year old, and a 6 month old. We are in 2 rooms so I could only register the max of 5. We're hoping they let us all stay, if not, some of us will go back to the room with the kids.

Also none of us actually have tickets at the moment as we're waiting for APs.

When we are discussing "cash reservation" relating to MM, are we talking about just any Disney resort reservation?

I have a DVC (points) reservation for the August AKMM date but kind of want those points for something else now. If I cancel and book a moderate with my Disney Visa discount, that still qualifies me, correct? Obviously it would all be done before the registration even opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter