4 1/2 day tour schedule advise?

Cinda Indiana

Earning My Ears
Mom/dgtr trip (she's almost 20 and i'm not telling) arriving sat 1/3 afternoon and departing thurs a.m. Anyone with similar stay with tips on touring? We both have ultimate PHP. Staying at POR. Our only major events scheduled are Solei on Tues eve and Fantasmic on Wed eve. I've been reading the unofficial guides, etc, and wonder if these tips are helpful, or if the masses read them so that you end up running into everyone else trying to follow the same strategies.

Is this your first trip?

The Unofficial Guide strategies do work - not that many people use them in relation to the total crowd at WDW at any given time

The busier the parks, the more helpful the strategies are as well

If you like starting early in the mornings then a strategy might be to go to the early entry park each day (except your arrival day) and take advantage of the early entry and then leave that park late morning and either return to POR for a swim and lunch or go to another park to avoid the crowds that will build up at the EE park

thanks
jaysue

Thanks Jaysue.

Hi Cinda Indiana,

I wrote the computer software the Unofficial Guide uses for its touring plans. Based on extensive testing, I'm fairly certain that the touring plans will work well. On any given day, less than 1% of the folks in the parks will be using the Guide's touring plans, so you should be able to stay well ahead of the pack.

Hope this helps.

Len

Just back. Having read almost every guide out there before my trip, I can honestly say that more than half the people I saw in the parks had no clue where they were, what they wanted to do next, or where the crowds would be heaviest! Do read the guides and use the plans! Having studied the maps before the trip was such a help- I forgot to get a map before MK EMH :eek: , but knew the park so well touring was a breeze. (We did slow down when DS6 found a map and decided to lead us through the park :p !. Also knowing the rides that are fast loading/ short lines mid-day helps when your waiting for your Fastpass window. There's no point in getting a Fastpass if you don't have something fun to do with the hour/ 2 hour wait!

I use the guides in the unofficial guide and agree with Jean. Most people stand in the middle of the street looking at maps wondering what to do next. We always seemed to stay one step ahead of the masses. I copy the guide for each day and use the huge index cards to paste them on, then laminate it. Honey and son thought I was way to obsessive but the amount of time I saved NOT waiting in lines they were thrilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter