6 Days at the park... Where were the dreams?

halliec

Earning My Ears
Not only did we not get a dream ( which I didn't expect ) But we didn't see anyone get a dream either! It was really disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing some really happy moments.

That's too bad. Hopefully you still enjoyed the magic that is Disney, dream or not.

Yeah - we were there for three days last month and didn't see anything. It was OK because it was the first visit for my kids, but on our trip this weekend I hope I get to see someone get a wish!!

We had the same experience in January, though I admit to being disappointed that we didn't get anything. Even an acknowledgment of some type would be nice. We never saw the Dream Team at all.

I wonder if some people will be turned off to WDW because of this. I'm addicted. I'll go back regardless. I think that the program is being hyped so much that many people may leave feeling like they were left out.

Then you hear about the family who got dreams every day they were there and you start wondering, "gee my family must suck!"

We just got back yesterday and we also did not see a single dream squad awarding any dreams. I was so disappointed, not in that we didn't get any prizes, I just wanted to see the dream squad in action and point them out to my kids and DH. We also spent 6 days in the parks both mornings to early afternoons and again in the evenings so its not like we weren't out and about. I just think it would have been so cool to see them awarding prizes!! Guess we were in all the places the dream squad was not!!! However we had wonderful minimum waits all over the parks - that was a prize itself. :) Yes, we had a wonderful time and the absense of dreams did not diminish in our trip in any way.

I was at WDW for only 2 days a few weeks ago and while I never saw the dream team in action, I saw quite a few Dream FastPasses around the necks of other lucky guests. My neices and I were very quick to point them out to each other. But I don't think it ever made us feel bad that we didn't get them, we understood that there are thousands and thousands of people in the parks and we thought it was special just to get to see the Dream FastPasses in person.

And I think everyone needs to realize that the "Year of a Million Dreams" is probably made up mostly of minor dreams. My neices got a few of these just in 2 days - but they were very minor. A cast member asked them if they would like a free pin. But instead of just handing them a pin, she gave each of them a pin attached to a special YOAMD certificate commemorating the experience.

Then the next night as we were checking out of a store in Epcot, the cast member asked my oldest neice (14yo) if she had ever considered a job with Disney. When she of course said yes, he said "well get back here behind the counter and ring up this purchase." He walked her through how to run the cash register and credit card machine and then he also gave her a special YOAMD certificate for the experience. I know some people may think it sounds strange, but she got a kick out of it (and we did too).

So anyway, maybe we were the exception to the norm also, but I think it's going to be a fun year in the world of the Mouse!

We have seen Mary Poppins ride on the carosel twice with families. So maybe if you hang out there you will see someone get a dream come true. It is so cute to see her there in her fancy dress riding side saddle!

We stayed 8 days and noticed some small things around us get awarded but nothing big. I think at a CS in MK a big group got a private table and two little girls in the Toon Town Fair got to make Mr. Potato heads of the week.

I noticed larger groups getting pulled to the side walking around MK but not sure what they got. I saw very few Dream fastpasses and Blue mickey hats but thats about it. I was there Jan 26-Feb-3.

We didn't win anything but that was okay. We hardly waited at any rides so the fastpasses would of went to waste. We had a great time anyway and can't wait to get back!

Not only did we not get a dream ( which I didn't expect ) But we didn't see anyone get a dream either! It was really disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing some really happy moments.

So because you didn't see anyone winning special ears or fastpasses, there were NO happy moments in the parks? I find that impossible to believe.

Magic goes on every day, all around - you just have to be open to seeing it. It doesn't only involve cast members in special shirts.

Just being at DW is magic enough for me and DH. Anything else is just gravy.

I would love to have Marry Poppins ride the carousel with my kids - that would be a perfect dream for them. :)

Going to Disney IS going to be a dream for my family!!! We are going for the first time ever May '07 and we have been dreaming of it for a long, long time!!! :cloud9:

Just being at DW is magic enough for me and DH. Anything else is just gravy.

I agree. We didn't witness anyone getting a dream in Jan either but did see several ears and fastpasses.

I didn't go expecting anything and wasn't disappointed. I always just feel fortunate to be there!!!!!:goodvibes

If someone is not expecting it, how could they be disappointed. Just because it wasn't witnessed by everyone doesn't mean it didn't happen. These dreams can happen anywhere at anytime.. and for you to "win" or "see" it, you have to be in the right place at the right time.. if you are in Pooh, you cannot see what is happening in Space Mt or PoC ;) heck for that matter, if you are outside waiting on the line, you cannot see what is happening at the end of the ride where you exit...

Then you hear about the family who got dreams every day they were there and you start wondering, "gee my family must suck!"

:rotfl: I really didn't think about it too much until I started reading these threads - now, I'm wondering what the heck was wrong with us that we didn't get even get a certificate or a pin or something!!!

I've been to WDW 3 times since the promotion started, and each time I've seen many Dream Ears, FastPasses, and lanyards, and several times I saw the Dream Team, but I never got any official "Dreams". I am just so delighted to be there, and I look around at all the people and think how lucky I am to live close to such a wonderful place. I wonder if the person in front of me in line is on the dream trip of a lifetime that they've scrimped and saved for years to go on. I see people with "1st Time" buttons and smile. I won't say I don't care that I don't win; I would absolutely adore the ears or the lanyard (to say nothing of the Castle stay, lol!), but I just love the place so much that the sadness of not winning is overshadowed by the joy of just being there! Heck, last time I went I didn't care if I rode anything, I only cared to soak in the atmosphere! Disney itself is enough magic for me, but if I get extra, HOLY COW! You'd better believe I'm going to jump up and down like a little kid! :goodvibes It just not my reason for going, and it won't ruin my day if I don't win.

We were there nine days 1/1 -1/9 seen maybe 2-4 people with the dream fast passes and lanyards and that was it. We didn't get any dreams granted. My kids (4 ages 11-4) didn't understand why some people were treated special. I am going back in about two weeks for my 30th Birthday and my sisters first trip and I am not expecting any dreams to be granted my way. :( I am happy for everyone that has been granted dreams it is just hard to explain to a 4 and 7 year old why they didn't get special things.

Can not wait to go back!

While it's a cool promotion, there is no question that we let our recent trip (1/19-1/28) get somewhat dimished by it. We saw quite a few Dream Ears and Fast Passes. We saw the Dream Team several times but never personally...we missed out on an "extra-hour-after-hours" at the MK by just a few moments. To make things worse, it was clear that a number of these dreams were granted to people who really didn't care about them. This was discouraging to us, because we really would have been excited to receive then ourselves.

The problem really was with us, though. We were coveting and that in itself was wrong. We let that take away from the simple joy of being able to visit Disney World, which in itself would be a dream for many people.

Just mentioning in case there are future visitors with personality types like ours.

I received a gigantic chocolate chip cookie from Main St bakery the first weekedn of the promotion. I also observed one last week. I was in fantasyland and was walking past Peter Pan when something caught my eye. I saw a CM pulling a family out of line and whisking them right up front so they would not have to wait.

I saw several people with the "cool" ears ay MK on Tuesday (2/13) and several people with Dream Fast passes as well. At Epcot on Wednesday (2/14), I saw only Dream Fast passes on atleast 2 different groups.

What did the Dream Team look like anyways??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter