A Magic and Miracles celebration vacation TR

Wow I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience at Tony's. I like that you still tipped and tried to keep it in mind that she may have had something going on in her life that day. But that service is not acceptable, so it was good of you to tell someone. I hope that you don't have that experience or one like it again.

Thanks Kristen. I think we did the right thing.

As we left Tonys the ELP was just ending. So we leisurely strolled down mainstreet. We were definitely going against the crowds.

We decided to head to DD#2's new favorite ride. BTM! I love this ride at night! Did I perhaps mention that previously? LOVE it!!! I think we used a FP here, but honestly, didn't really need them at this point, the park was pretty empty.

DH & I were given more than our share of recognition still wearing our anniversary pins. This was a big one for us, so I admit, we wore them all week, but when asked, honestly told of the actual date. But hearing Happy Anniversarsy constantly, honestly, never got old. Just reminded us both how fortunate we are. He rolling me along, would often bend down & kiss my head. You have to understand this is NOT his nature. He HATES any form of PDA. But, after the vow renewal, being in the most magical place on earth with our 4 wonderful children and DDBF whom we feel blessed to have in our lives, I guess he was just feeling the love. :goodvibes

The remainder of the night went along as the usual evening in the most magical place on earth. Laughs, smiles, teasing, perfect! The other FP was used by the older kids for space mtn. DH, DD & I enjoyed Buzz, then Wedway!

The next day, we check out of SSR, check into BLT, and say good bye to the older kids. But, will they get to see BLT? Will they make ME, or miss it? How will DD#2 deal with saying goodbyes? How will I deal? Or will they stay?

So, Monday, Nov. 12. a sad sad day...:( well part of it anyway. The older kids have to depart today to get back to classes, well DDBF has to get back to work.
I am sad, but trying to hide it as to not get youngest DD emotional. DS#2 was talking last night before bed about how he only would miss 1 class and his internship 1 day. Certain they wouldn't care, he contemplates changing his airline tix and staying. I leave the decision up to him. I tell him I would LOVE to have him stay, but only he knows what if it is worth it. I have to tell you, this was very mean of me. I would have been much more merciful if I had told him, "no you are a grown up now, you have obligations and responsibilities. you must go home today". But, having faith that he IS a responsible adult, I know what he will do. But, we shall see later if I am right or if I am happy. ;)
So, we use express check out & leave SSR. We head to BLT where I have already done online check-in. I am hoping our room is ready, because I would love for all the older kids to see it. DDBF has never stayed at BLT, and we have only stayed for a couple of days last trip. Well, my wishes are granted! Yay for disney magic!!! We get our room immediately. YAY!!
BLTroom2012.jpg

DH loves the looks of the Contemporary so I can't wait to see you BLT pics. I hope DS stays for the rest of the trip as there are more important things than school and internships..... especially Disney!! :rotfl2:

Have a great day!

We used points for theme park view. My only request was a high floor. It was wonderful! 1 bedroom
disney201230thanniversary3158.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3162.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3163.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3167.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3175.jpg

This is the master bedroom, notice the view!

These were at night. We all loved the view! DD awoke and exclaimed "I love this view"!!!! She could see the castle clearly from her room!

Wow!!! What an awesome view!!! Love the room!! So nice and ummm...contemporary! :lmao: Sorry that's all I could come up with but I do love the room!

Wow!!! What an awesome view!!! Love the room!! So nice and ummm...contemporary! :lmao: Sorry that's all I could come up with but I do love the room!

:goodvibes it is contemporary. I prefer countrish (is that a word?), but would stay there again in a split second for the view & the conveince of walking to MK!

More pictures to come.

Below is the bathroom sinks.
disney201230thanniversary3174.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3169.jpg

shower
disney201230thanniversary3170.jpg

and 2nd shower
disney201230thanniversary3168.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3166.jpg

I show the shower bar, because it is important to me, so I thought others may wonder as well.

Apparently I didn't take a photo of the Jacuzzi. I don't know why.

Now for the real attraction to the BLT!

the view. The first photo is zoomed in with a standard DSLR lens.
The second is using no zoom.

disney201230thanniversary3180.jpg

disney201230thanniversary3177.jpg

Like I say, the view is worth it in my family's opinion. DDBF was awe struck. He wanted to stay extra days, just to enjoy the view. :)

After checking in DD, DS#2, DH and I had somewhere very special to be. Somewhere extremely special. WE as AP holders had a preview of ..... the new Fantasyland!!!! So, we headed there, but were running really late.

I thought we were going to miss it, as the gentleman I had spoken to on the phone had given me the impression it was similiar to a tour, and if we got there late we would miss it. BUT, thank goodness that was NOT the case. Because even though we ran (well they ran I sat comfortably and when I say comfortably I mean feeling I was going to bounce out of my wheelchair), to fantasyland, we were still about 10 mins. late. We had to get our wrist bands, which we did & at that time we received a wonderful surprise.

I am going to have to upload more pictures so you can see our surprise. So, I'll leave you with that teaser. :)

Geez you always leave us with a teaser!! I'm loving your TR!

Your view of the castle was gorgeous and even more beautiful because it was lit up so pretty for Christmas!!! I would love to have that view one time!!

Can't wait to hear about your pixiedust:.

I am having weird issues with my memory card not uploading my fantasyland pictures to my computer. I am going to ask DD if she knows what the problem is. argghhh .... always something with us technically challenged ...

Bridget, the view was so beautiful. We really hated to move our last couple of days over to the BWV. But....

Geez you always leave us with a teaser!! I'm loving your TR!

Your view of the castle was gorgeous and even more beautiful because it was lit up so pretty for Christmas!!! I would love to have that view one time!!

Can't wait to hear about your pixiedust:.

you taught me... pictures and teasers ... :goodvibes:goodvibes

DS#2 actually helped me. Boy have I been doing things the hard way when it comes to uploading pictures. haha if you only knew. technically challenged is being kind to me. :rotfl:
So... here.... we.... go....

The entrance of Belle's town...
IMG_8510.jpg

When we signed up as AP previewers there was a mix up, which I think I mentioned in my PT, but in short, we got a date & time and we were thrilled. We were given (as every AP previewer), a choice between a meet & greet with Ariel or Storytime with Belle. We chose Storytime with Belle. shhh...don't tell DD9, she doesn't know she missed out on Ariel. But we had heard good things about audience participation with Storytime & wanted to see for ourselves. Plus DS#2 preferred Belle. So, we head over to
IMG_8512.jpg

It begins inside Maurice's cottage...
IMG_8578.jpg

Where you can find a rare picture of Belle's mama
IMG_8579.jpg

It was very cramped quarters, and everyone had to face the front where we are told the beginning story of Belle's adventure. I found this nicely done, except for being in the chair, if other guests weren't kind, I could have been unable to see, but everyone was conscious of not obstructing my view. Try that at any other theme park...
Eventually we are transported into the castle's library where Lemiuex introduces us to Belle who tells the rest of the story using any and all children from the audience that would like to be in it. A few adults as well. So, gentlemen beware.
My youngest was thrilled to be choosen to play..... Maurice with the prison bars in front of her face. :thumbsup2 Dh commented perhaps she should get used to that view. :rotfl2: I told you we love to tease each other.
Belle kept looking at DS. I thought for sure she was going to bring him in. Which would NOT be unusual he seems to be the one to get dragged into shows, or the one CM's pick to tease. He claims to hate it, but we are not so sure. :goodvibes
My biggest complaint about this is.... no pictures. They have a photopass person who takes pictures during and after when the children meet belle and are introduced like stars of the show. You are given a Photopass card at the end. I would ordinarily not have any issue with this EXCEPT you get EVERYONES kid! And he doesn't even zoom in so you can't even see your child in the photo. I was not the least bit impressed and am not sure I like the idea of having everyone have a photo of my daughter at their disposal. I know, I know, anyone could take a picture at any time in the park of any of us, but it just didn't seem right. I wish they could just get my sweet princess, we all know SHE was the star of the show anyway. Belle who? :lmao: Oh, that's why they gave everyone her picture, they probably will want it autographed when she is rich and famous. ;) Sooooo, anyway I have no photo's of the library Belle's enchanted tales.
But, I have other photos to share of Fantasyland....

like...us outside Gaston's Tavern.

IMG_8515.jpg

Where we tried.. Lafou's Brew. I would imagine it is the equivalent to Universals Harry Potters butter beer. We shared one souvenir mug of it. It was unique a bit like butterscotch gingerale........ maybe... foamy. I tried to get a picture of it, but it was crowded and we were blocking the way with the wheelchair, and there were no other seats. However DS did find a seat...
IMG_8516.jpg

When we exited Gaston's Tavern who should we bump into than...

IMG_8547.jpg

He was excellent, not mean, but arrogant. When DD asked for his autograph, he said ... "of course you would want my autograph, I imagine you would like my picture as well." I wished DS had gotten in the picture too, but he refused.

Before we left this area to head over to The Little Mermaid ride we snapped this picture.
IMG_8546.jpg

The entrance of Belle's town...
IMG_8510.jpg

When we signed up as AP previewers there was a mix up, which I think I mentioned in my PT, but in short, we got a date & time and we were thrilled. We were given (as every AP previewer), a choice between a meet & greet with Ariel or Storytime with Belle. We chose Storytime with Belle. shhh...don't tell DD9, she doesn't know she missed out on Ariel. But we had heard good things about audience participation with Storytime & wanted to see for ourselves. Plus DS#2 preferred Belle. So, we head over to
IMG_8512.jpg

It begins inside Maurice's cottage...
IMG_8578.jpg

Where you can find a rare picture of Belle's mama
IMG_8579.jpg

It was very cramped quarters, and everyone had to face the front where we are told the beginning story of Belle's adventure. I found this nicely done, except for being in the chair, if other guests weren't kind, I could have been unable to see, but everyone was conscious of not obstructing my view. Try that at any other theme park...
Eventually we are transported into the castle's library where Lemiuex introduces us to Belle who tells the rest of the story using any and all children from the audience that would like to be in it. A few adults as well. So, gentlemen beware.
My youngest was thrilled to be choosen to play..... Maurice with the prison bars in front of her face. :thumbsup2 Dh commented perhaps she should get used to that view. :rotfl2: I told you we love to tease each other.
Belle kept looking at DS. I thought for sure she was going to bring him in. Which would NOT be unusual he seems to be the one to get dragged into shows, or the one CM's pick to tease. He claims to hate it, but we are not so sure. :goodvibes
My biggest complaint about this is.... no pictures. They have a photopass person who takes pictures during and after when the children meet belle and are introduced like stars of the show. You are given a Photopass card at the end. I would ordinarily not have any issue with this EXCEPT you get EVERYONES kid! And he doesn't even zoom in so you can't even see your child in the photo. I was not the least bit impressed and am not sure I like the idea of having everyone have a photo of my daughter at their disposal. I know, I know, anyone could take a picture at any time in the park of any of us, but it just didn't seem right. I wish they could just get my sweet princess, we all know SHE was the star of the show anyway. Belle who? :lmao: Oh, that's why they gave everyone her picture, they probably will want it autographed when she is rich and famous. ;) Sooooo, anyway I have no photo's of the library Belle's enchanted tales.
But, I have other photos to share of Fantasyland....

I know that Jedi Training photos are/were similar (although there you can take your own pics). You get everyone's child in your photopass pack but if you go to the "photo shop" at the front of the park you can select just photos of your child to be on your pack so that you don't have to scroll through 8 million of the other kids. I don't know if MK has one of those "photo shops" in it. At HS, it is right before you get to the rotating Mickey in the sky on the left as you exit the park. Not even sure what it is called.....I just know that we've done it before.

I'm glad you were able to see in the room. Disney is made up of special visitors most of the time! Can't wait to try out this attraction when we go...yes my boys will have to sit through it!!

You poor daughter....to have to be "in jail"..... :rotfl:

like...us outside Gaston's Tavern.

IMG_8515.jpg

Where we tried.. Lafou's Brew. I would imagine it is the equivalent to Universals Harry Potters butter beer. We shared one souvenir mug of it. It was unique a bit like butterscotch gingerale........ maybe... foamy. I tried to get a picture of it, but it was crowded and we were blocking the way with the wheelchair, and there were no other seats. However DS did find a seat...
IMG_8516.jpg

When we exited Gaston's Tavern who should we bump into than...

IMG_8547.jpg

He was excellent, not mean, but arrogant. When DD asked for his autograph, he said ... "of course you would want my autograph, I imagine you would like my picture as well." I wished DS had gotten in the picture too, but he refused.

Before we left this area to head over to The Little Mermaid ride we snapped this picture.
IMG_8546.jpg

So DS#2 decided to stay after all?? How nice to have him around!

Was Enchanted Tales with Belle your surprise? I can't wait to see New Fantasyland!

I've heard that the Gaston's are hilarious! Can't wait to meet him!

I'm glad your DS helped with the picture uploading. These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait to see the Little Mermaid ride! popcorn::

I know that Jedi Training photos are/were similar (although there you can take your own pics). You get everyone's child in your photopass pack but if you go to the "photo shop" at the front of the park you can select just photos of your child to be on your pack so that you don't have to scroll through 8 million of the other kids. I don't know if MK has one of those "photo shops" in it. At HS, it is right before you get to the rotating Mickey in the sky on the left as you exit the park. Not even sure what it is called.....I just know that we've done it before.

I'm glad you were able to see in the room. Disney is made up of special visitors most of the time! Can't wait to try out this attraction when we go...yes my boys will have to sit through it!!

You poor daughter....to have to be "in jail"..... :rotfl:

Oh, I wish I had known about the photo shop. I'm pretty sure there is one on main street. Oh well, I wasn't that crazy about how it came out, but it would have been a nice memory.

I don't know how to double quote, but.... The kids flights weren't until later in the day. At this point DS still hadn't decided what he was going to do. But, I guess I can tell you. He goes home. :( We missed him & the rest terribly, but I am sincerely happy he is so responsible. More on their exit later.

Nope Enchanted Tales with Belle wasn't the surprise.

Now, where was I.... Oh, off to the Little Mermaid ride....

IMG_8545.jpg

Most of my pictures inside the ride didn't come out well. But, I got a couple.

IMG_8537.jpg

The one below came out terrible, but I'm posting so you can see how colorful the ride is.

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8524.jpg

When you enter the ride, they take your stuff, in our case our wheelchair & backpack. At the end of the ride you see this sign as you are about to exit the vehicle.
IMG_8523.jpg

I thought that was cute.

I was assuming this was going to be a lot like the Nemo ride in Epcot. Which I am not a huge fan of. Although, I did enjoy it more this trip than others for some reason. However, I found this ride done more disneyish. I thought the attention to detail was excellent. I loved the colors. DH & I agree we would go on this one again for sure. :) Not a favorite, but certainly worth a slight wait if neccessary. Not that there was a line on this particular day.

Now, for the surprise... But first ...

IMG_8514.jpg

a stop in the gift shop. We all thought this was nicely done. It was empty, but I think it could be very cramped quarters during busy season so beware!
They had some cute unique gifts. DS fell in love with a shirt that had a picture of Gaston on it and said "status SINGLE". He really loved it, but wasn't willing to spend the $20 something it cost. So after DD posed for this picture
IMG_8521.jpg

we were on our way to our surprise.... can you guess what it is? I won't tease you any more. Just one more picture from the gift shop...

IMG_8520.jpg

BE OUR GUEST RESTAURANT was open!!! pixiedust:They had specifically said it would NOT be open during the previews. I had hoped to get a dinner ressies, but when they said no, I figured no. WE ALL were so excited. Of course we had to do lunch so DS wouldn't miss his flight. We lined up against a stone wall leading into the castle. We waited about 25 min. before opening time, and were some of the first in. While we waited we viewed the scenery.

IMG_8548.jpg

DD felt bad for the Gargoyle.

More pictures of the castle later. Also food reviews & photo's.

Today is DD's first day back to school. I only laid down for about 3 1/2 hours last night, and was only able to sleep for about 2, so I am off to rest. Hope everyone has a nice day. I'll be back to start the review of Be Our Guest restaurant.

I love all of the Fantasyland pictures! It sounds like you had a great Gaston as well. He said something similar to my mom and cousin when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter