A Magic and Miracles celebration vacation TR

Hi Dee
I hope all is well. I stumbled upon your TR this morning, and haven't folded any of my laundry bc of it. :confused3. What a wonderful way to celebrate 30 years. I love seeing all the pictures and reading all about it. Looks like a wonderful trip and the kids are so big. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes
Tara

Hi Dee
I hope all is well. I stumbled upon your TR this morning, and haven't folded any of my laundry bc of it. :confused3. What a wonderful way to celebrate 30 years. I love seeing all the pictures and reading all about it. Looks like a wonderful trip and the kids are so big. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes
Tara

Oh my Gosh! Tara, how are you? Your triplets must be getting big now too. I can't believe mine will graduate college this year!!!! YIKES, time goes so quickly!
Thanks for reading along. We had a wonderful time, but I hated when the triplets had to leave. :( We had NEVER had a vacation without them before. LUckily we still had the "little" one with us. I don't know what I will do when she isn't able to stay a full week with us. :confused3 Maybe I will have grandkids by then. :scared1: ... but, no hurry! :rolleyes1

I love all of the Fantasyland pictures! It sounds like you had a great Gaston as well. He said something similar to my mom and cousin when we were there.

He was good. DD wasn't sure what to think of him. She did say he was handsome, but she didn't like his hair. :goodvibes

Now, on with my BOG review. I can't wait any longer.... I LOVED IT! It is worth the trip within itself... okay maybe I am getting a little carried away. Perhaps I should show some pictures of it.

As we got closer to getting in the restaurant. I truly felt like a little kid. I was trying to peak around corners to see.
IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

The window, as you can see we were all excited. :rotfl2: actually DS is saying M-O-T-H-E-R just take the picture! The paper rose DD is holding was presented to her by a CM at the gift shop cash register. I thought that was so sweet.

IMG_8572.jpg

One of the chandlers, I think this was in the ordering area. As you walk in for lunch they greet you at a podium which I'm sure is used for ADR's at dinner. They briefly explain to you that there are... I forget what they call them, but they are computerized cash registers where you place your order. We had 2 CM's to help us, one in training the other was called over. As you approach you read the menu from a computer screen before you actually get to the cashier. The only complaint we had, and I am sure they will fix it rather quickly, as this what preview days are for, is that the computer went too fast. You had no time to read one page before it flipped to the next. This became an issue with our DD who wasn't sure if she wanted to order from the adult or child menu. (remember we aren't on the DDP). We finally decided by the time we got to the cashier, but we did have a couple of questions. The CM in training called what seemed to be a manager over. I've worked customer service enough to know what the problem was. Nerves. The CM was so nervous she had no confidence. I felt so bad for her. She did fine, and the manager was good, but you could tell she had been called over on just about every order. I felt bad for them both. When we finished our order we were presented with a foam rose bud. No stem, just the foam rose. We were told to take a seat in which ever ballroom/dining hall we would like and to place our Rose on the middle of the table. Then we were to go to get our own beverages & silverware, and we were informed our meals would magically be on our table upon our arrival back at it. Well, guess what.... it worked! They were there that quickly, and we moved tables! It was wonderful. Now for some more pictures.

A rose theme was everywhere, but IMO not overdone.
IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

forgive me, I can't remember if this was in the library which is where we ate, or one of the other rooms. However, below I know this was in the room we sat in..
IMG_8559.jpg

IMG_8558.jpg

DS mentioned he wondered if the angels on the ceiling represent the artists that worked on the room. He only thought so because he noticed there was only 1 that was not white. I thought it was a very insightful thought. He was going to look into it. I will have to ask him. Regardless the ceiling was beautiful. The entire room was.

IMG_8554.jpg

Of course we HAD to walk into the West Wing. I love how the drapes are torn to shreds.

IMG_8556.jpg

and look upon "the rose". I didn't think to turn my flash off. Inside the cylinder is a holographic rose. It is very cool.
IMG_8557.jpg

So, that is the atmosphere, and service, now onto the food. I even have pictures.

IMG_8561.jpg

I ordered the turkey sandwich. It was so so good. YUM, I would love one right now!
I have a picture of the inside of the sandwich, but I hesitate to post it as it does NOT look appealing. But, take my word for it, it is yummy. It doesn't look like there is much turkey in it, but there was. We have delicious turkey sandwiches around here. .... living near Plymouth, home of the Pilgrims... And this is probably the best turkey sandwich I have ever had.
IMG_8560.jpg

Next DS ordered...
IMG_8563.jpg

steak sandwich. He allowed me to taste it, and as much as I loved my turkey, I will order this next time. It was very tasty and tender.

DH ordered...
IMG_8564.jpg

Ham sandwich, which he also loved. I didn't taste his. Mainly because I didn't want to have to decide what to order next time. It's the steak sandwich and that is that!

DD was the only one who was disappointed. I should have known better than to let her order...
IMG_8565.jpg

Meatloaf. She ordinarily loves it. She said it was spicy. She loved her broccoli, and her fries, and my sandwich,, and her Dads sandwich. Big brother let her have a tiny taste but that was it. :confused3 I guess he wanted some for himself. :rotfl: Her meal was from the childrens menu, so I wouldn't have thought it was too spicy. Honestly, it didn't look that appealing & DH agreed it wasn't very good, and was a bit spicy for a childs taste.

Well, who could go to BOG and not get desserts. I'm spliiting it onto it's own post. ..... It's that good. :worship:

DD loves raspberry and lemon so she ordered
IMG_8568.jpg

I notice according to all ears net . com that they don't have this on the menu any more. I understand why. Even though I say DD ordered it, we had all decided to share them all. So, this one .... noone ate. The only disappointing dessert. It was described something like this, puff pastry with lemon raspberry filling topped with a raspberry. Which I guess is what it was, but the filling was rather like lemon custardy/pudding. Somewhat the considency of a boston creme donut.

However the remainder of our desserts more than made up for it.
IMG_8567.jpg

strawberry creme cheese cupcake - we actually got 2 of these. and it's a good thing we did. :thumbsup2
IMG_8566.jpg

triple chocolate cupcake I thought this would be too rich, but it wasn't it was smooth and delectable.

There you have it, it was certainly our pleasure at Be Our Guest restaurant.

After leaving fantasyland we decided to take the monorail back to the hotel since there wasn't much of a line. Excellent choice because...

disney201230thanniversary124.jpg

We got the Avengers car!! YaY! All of my older kids love the Avengers, so this was a treat for DS! Nice way for him to say goodbye to the MK.
Next stop AK as the kids wanted to spend their last few hours riding EE. Our traveling companions didn't join us this day because they had ADR's at AK Rainforest Cafe on another day.
The other kids had headed over on the bus, so we just drove over & met them there. DD & DDBF had a been dying to try Yak & Yeti, so they ordered from the counter service. We met up with them there. They loved it. DD thinks she ordered the Sweet & Sour chicken. DH had a taste and enjoyed it also. DDBF got the chicken wrap which he enjoyed as well.
DD9 opted to not do EE. So, we sat and waited. They had fp's so, the wait was only about 1/2 hour start to finish. DD & I spent some quality time talking about how wonderful our trip is. :goodvibes
It was crowded by our visit standards, but still not too long lines. I think EE was the longest. DD#2 had decided to try Dinosaur this time. So, off we went. Weeelllll She loved it!! We got off & got in line again. The time posted was 20 mins. but it was more like 10 each time. The rest of the day was a blur we did head back over by Asia to get an icecream cone from Anandapur Ice Cream Truck which was totally delish.
All too soon it was time to bring them to the airport. :drive: The luggage was already in the van, so it was just a short ride and we were saying our goodbyes. DH & I got out to help unload the van while DD stayed in the van. We gave quick hugs & I asked DD if she wanted to get out to get a hug. She said no she wanted to get going back to the parks. Um... not what I expected...and I knew better. I asked her is she sure she quickly replied yes and told me to shut the door of the van. I did, and got into my seat. My door wasn't completely shut when the water works started. She balled her eyes out. sobbing heart wrenching sobs. Which got DH & I crying. She cried from the airport all the way to the hotel. And was still drying tears as we told her, we had a surprise for her. She began to shift her thoughts but still was harboring tiny sobs from within that sneaked out on occasion. I was afraid she wasn't going to enjoy the surprise she was so upset. But, we couldn't help it, no changing plans now.

Your photos of BOG are amazing!! I can't wait to see it when we go. It looks wonderful! Your food looks great. My favorite would be the strawberry cheesecake cupcake. I will definitely have to try one of those!

Your poor sweet DD.... :( I hope she can enjoy her surprise even without her brothers and sisters.

Thanks for the pictures of everything!! I really enjoyed your posts today!

awww I feel so bad for your youngest, :(, but that is also so sweet! I love the pictures from BOG, it looks beautiful!!

I can't imagine graduating college, mine are graduating the 5th grade and I am having a hard enough time with that

Your photos of BOG are amazing!! I can't wait to see it when we go. It looks wonderful! Your food looks great. My favorite would be the strawberry cheesecake cupcake. I will definitely have to try one of those!

Your poor sweet DD.... :( I hope she can enjoy her surprise even without her brothers and sisters.

Thanks for the pictures of everything!! I really enjoyed your posts today!

Thanks Bridget. My heart was so aching for DD. I'm glad you enjoyed todays post.

I don't know how to double quote, so I will reply to Tara's quote next then on to the surprise update...

To double quote you press the button next to the Quote button. It has one set of quotation marks and a plus sign. It will turn reddish orange if you do it right. At the end of all of your quotes, press "Post Reply" and they will all pop up in one message. :thumbsup2

Hope that makes sense. It's been a LONG day!

To double quote you press the button next to the Quote button. It has one set of quotation marks and a plus sign. It will turn reddish orange if you do it right. At the end of all of your quotes, press "Post Reply" and they will all pop up in one message. :thumbsup2

Okay, I told you technically challenged. I pressed the button next to quote button, it turned reddish orange. then I pressed this quote, now how do I get back to hit quote on another post? pleeeaaasssseeee .... that's how I ask my kids for techie help.:listen:

It took a while, but by George I think I've got it!!! Thank you Bridget!!!

Okay, I told you technically challenged. I pressed the button next to quote button, it turned reddish orange. then I pressed this quote, now how do I get back to hit quote on another post? pleeeaaasssseeee .... that's how I ask my kids for techie help.:listen:
Disregard the above..... :cool1:

awww I feel so bad for your youngest, :(, but that is also so sweet! I love the pictures from BOG, it looks beautiful!!

I can't imagine graduating college, mine are graduating the 5th grade and I am having a hard enough time with that

I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My youngest graduates elementary school this summer and will move to middle school in Sept. (5th gr)

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.

Now on with the show....Which I actually wrote, but totally timed out on and lost because I got spinning and had to walk away. sorry I will rewrite either later or tomorrow.

As I was saying DD cried all the way back to BLT. We left the car there and began the walk to MK. Once we got to the walkway that gives the effect of a cobblestone walkway to the person in the wheelchair, I got out. Usually we only let the kids sit in the chair for specific reasons. Such as DS#2 has a back disease, or an issue like that. Or for just a short period of time. But, DD was still silently crying. Although at this point she knew we had a surprise for her and she was beginning to get curious and ask questions, her voice was still weak and cracked when she spoke. No smiles. Gradually her voice strengthened and sounded more enthusiastic. Guessing what was going on. When she realized we were at the MK she thought her surprise was to go again late night. And she was a little excited. We went and got our wristbands, which she thought got us fp's. Then I handed her the map/event pamphlet. Still she didn't get it until she finally read it! She was SO excited. Then, we realized we forgot the camera. DH could have walked the 10 min back to the hotel, but we were missing precious event time, and we were already 1/2 hour after it started. Plus, he didn't want to push me the chair back and was leary leaving me alone. So, we figured we would pick up a one time use camera in the park. Except, when we entered we ran into a familiar event upon our entering the MK.
DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade9.jpg

The parade was about to begin. We just let DD stay in the chair as I was doing well and we figured she could use a little extra spoiling. (yeah, we actually thought that. guess all the MVMCP wasn't enough. haha, but if you had heard her crying. :( ) We headed to our viewing area we found successful at the ELP, but was stopped by a cm who showed us a wheelchair viewing area. Since there was still plenty of room and the parade was already starting we sat there. Next to a pleasant man in an electric chair. The CM standing by the roped of WC viewing was very pleasant and making a big deal of DD. We were so very grateful, as if somehow Disney magic had told her what a sad little girl DD was just a short time before. DD was smiling and laughing. Wasn't long when before another electric wheelchair wanted to join our area. It was obvious they knew the man beside DD. We offered to move to which the man said it wasn't neccessary, but I explained DD was just keeping the chair warm for me, and it didn't matter to me where I sat. He shouldn't feel bad. We moved over enough and everyone was pleased. I actually did very well with this parade. I wore my sound canceling headset and was able to stand the entire parade, which is wonderful for me, I love when I have a good timeframe. To feel normal. Although, I'm sure others were confused by my headset. :scratchin All the Cm's were showing DD so much attention. Princess' princes, dancers, Santa even looked at her pointed and said "I know you've been good this year". We were ecstatic. Two parades in a row that we got tons of attention, but this was just so perfect for our lonely little girl. It didn't occur to us until the dancers were bringing kids out to dance with them, why DD was getting the extra loving. We should have remembered as this happened once before. She was in the chair, they of course assumed she NEEDED the chair. She stayed in it. I felt like I was taking advantage of something. You know, false pretenses. But, at that point what do you do? I found some comfort in the fact I had atleast told the man beside us it was my chair. So hopefully, they didn't think we wer trying to steal the attention. Regardless, DD had a wonderful time. I'm going to post some pictures in the next post so as to break it up a little.

Since we never made our way to buy a one time camera, we had to use DH phone camera. And his phone is pretty standard and old. So, I apologize for the bad photos.
DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade12.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade13.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade14.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade7.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade6.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade4.jpg

Next up hot cocoa and cookies, then on to meet and greets!

Yay!!! I'm glad you figured out how to double quote! It took me asking someone to figure it out myself so no worries...

Your pics are still good especially for being a phone! I hope DD enjoys the rest of the party!

Yay!!! I'm glad you figured out how to double quote! It took me asking someone to figure it out myself so no worries...

Your pics are still good especially for being a phone! I hope DD enjoys the rest of the party!

double quotes, oh yeah!:banana: Is it sad I am this excited. :thumbsup2 thanks again.

Well, who could go to MVMCP without getting the cocoa & cookies? DD. We got them, but she could have cared less. But, then again when you think about it who wants to stop all other things you could be doing to eat cookies & drink hot chocolate you can do that any time at home? So, we grabbed some & carried on with our touring. The cookies DD hated. The hot coco she drank. I enjoyed both, but would not have gone out of my way for the cookies. The coco I thought was real good. So, off we were to find the special guest our friendly CM told DD about. .... FLYNN RIDER! DD was so excited, SHE was REALLY going to meet in REEEAAAALLLL life FLYNN RIDER???? Yeah, she was pretty excited. So we waited in line for about 1/2 hour, which I didn't think was bad at all. We met a few princesses. Most of which she had met before. But, Rapunzel was a new princess, and she had never met any of the Prince's before. THis was a treat. Now, remember DH used his phone to take all the parade pictures. My phone, aka the brick, is old and takes tiny pictures. There was a photo pass person there, but the pictures came out horrible. I ordered a couple but they never arrived. I am in the process of finding out what happened. As I had forgotten I ordered them until I was just writing this post. So, this is the only picture we have at the moment from the prince/princess meet and greet.
DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade3.jpg

DisneyVR30thanniversaryXmasparade10.jpg

After DH took this picture his camera on his phone was full. And, we just don't figure phone cameras out well, as we seldom use them. We didn't want to hold up all the kids waiting for pictures so, we just dealt with not taking our own pictures. We figured the PP would be good enough.

Well, DD met as you see Aurora & Phillip. Snow White & "Prince" (according to his autograph..DS#2 says his name is Fernando), Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. Now, our chatty CM mentioned to DD for her to mention to Flynn that she knew what was in the sachel. DD of course did, because she is in love with Flynn Rider (yeah, the thief, not that that worries me at all), well what a big deal that was. A CROWN, A REAL CROWN! Can you believe that??? Well, Flynn was very impressed DD knew that. And Rapunzel told DD that she thought DD's hair would soon be as long as hers. BUT, the real big hit, the real attention getter? Thanks to some very talented people on the creative DisSign boards, was the autograph book. I had printed a page with picture of a lot of the characters, including Flynn Rider. Well, do you know........ we got his nose right? Yup, his nose was right on the autograph page, and HE HAD TO TELL EVERYONE! 1st he showed Rapunzel, then Aurora & Prince Philip, then Snow White & Prince, then the photopass photographer & the CM escorting guests, then a couple of guests. hehehehe It was awesome! I didn;t think DD was EVER going to stop smiling. That is what makes a 1/2 hour wait seem like nothing. ;)

The bad news however, is as we came out we realized, we had missed the special fireworks. We were disappointed, but all agreed it was worth it, for the attention Flynn gave that autograph page. I'm not sure the people waiting in line would agree. Hopefully, they got special attention too. We did a couple of rides then it was back to the hotel. Just the 3 of us. And remember we could still sit on the balcony and see the MK. Which is when we got all those great pictures I posted earlier. It was an amazing day.

I just had to come back and edit. I forgot a lot of other characters that we met! I just went to photo pass and realized it.

So, after we went to see the prince/princess meet & greet we came out and bumped into Wendy & Peter Pan. They were walking away to take a break, but would be right back. Ordinarily we would have skipped them, as we have gotten them before, but DD was impressed that Peter actually looked like a boy this time. She completely believes it, but thinks once in a while they need breaks, so actor/actresses fill in. Yeah, okay kiddo , if you say so. We'll go with that. Glad she is quick thinking. haha After we waited & she got to meet W & P we headed to adventure land. Well, guess who we met? FIRST TIME EVER..... Phineas & Ferb! Well, I got excited over this one. I love that show! They were great. I am getting very tired now, so I am leaving you with that for now. But, next post, see how characters can embarass DH without even trying. ROFL!!!

Tomorrow is an early day.

All caught up! Your poor DD :( I'm glad there was Disney magic there to pull her through! It's too bad that you forgot the camera, but at least you have the wonderful memories :goodvibes And what a great meet and greet with Flynn Rider!! Your DD must have been so excited.

All caught up! Your poor DD :( I'm glad there was Disney magic there to pull her through! It's too bad that you forgot the camera, but at least you have the wonderful memories :goodvibes And what a great meet and greet with Flynn Rider!! Your DD must have been so excited.

She was so excited! She keeps rewatching the Tangled video and telling anyone who will listen about how she met him, and what was said. She also loved Rapunzel. She enjoyed all of the characters, but meeting Flynn was like us meeting Walt. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter