A new rumor!

If you guys weren't so diligent on getting me Ft. News I think I would cry!:sad:

i need something about the fort to occupy my time:thumbsup2 So rumor or no rumor, I like to "hear" the gossip, because I love:love: the Fort as much as the next FrIEND!popcorn::Keep it up!:hug:

I think the new vacation homes are just going to run 16 ga extension cords over to the camping loops and tap into the electrical boxes. Bobby told me that.

Since I'm not technically a public utility, I will be free to charge whatever rate I see fit (for cords plugged into my site).:rolleyes: I smell a free stay at the fort. :laughing:

I apologize for not posting this Wednesday night as I said I would. But here are some of the pictures I took last Friday.

yes, it is electrical piping. and the job is close to being done. this is close to Bay Lake. It runs parallel to the canal for as far as I could see, to the south.
DSC06643.jpg

the supply of piping is close to the end of the reel. this is from across the canal, facing towards the 300 loop.
DSC06640.jpg

it appears that the remaining piping will just about finish about even to or behind this:
DSC06636.jpg

the pic that is missing is because I failed to bring the camera my first trip out. I will tell you it would have been the contracted workers taking a "break" about 4pm. They were resting prior to officially ending their work week & starting their 3-day holiday weekend. Very friendly, would have been a nicer chat if I spoke a bit more Spanish. They left around 4:30. The hourly construction workers working for a contracted company don't know why they are doing what they are doing. And they don't care as long as they're getting paid:)

as for what is going on around RC or MBYBBQ, I didn't make it to RC, and the BBQ joint was being used as a staging point for the barriers and makeshift bike corral being used for Sunday's marathon.
DSC06659.jpg

These may not "convince" you, and that's ok with me. Show me proof of putting a restaurant behind a camping loop. There would have to be major work done between that area and the Settlement for people to walk there. There would also have been site clearing and foundation pouring prior to the electrical work. By moving the restaurant, the mouse would lose a little money since people wouldn't be killing time waiting for dinner and visiting the trading post, the ring carver, or the DVC booth. My personal GUESS would be that this is going to the area where the new housing development's marina will be located. Go to mapquest or Bing & look at the aerial views. And it makes sense as Disney is doing as other developments do, they create a grand entrance, poor the roads, and build the amenities areas (marina, pool, restaurant, etc) and a few model homes. Then the potential buyers can actually see what they are getting for their dollars.

I think it's funny that a thread marked 'a new rumor' is played off as being factual and some are going out of their way to prove it true. Go ahead if you like. Why it matters so much to you I don't know. But, if it makes you feel better to argue about it any further, you're out of luck with me. I am not going to argue with you. If I want to argue with anyone about anything I've got a DH I could pick a fight with. LOL However I do look forward to looking at any "proof" you come up with.

Wow, Sounds like someone decided to wear her green thong panties instead of hanging them on the clothes line. And you might want to check the size, I think they're a bit snug and have wadded up.

Chill out a bit Mellisa, Tri D spends countless hours informing us about the going on's and the behind the scenes activities that go on at the Fort and I for one enjoy reading them. Remember Rumors become Facts real quick and I think Tri D is on to something here.

What's going on? I had to step in and keep Devores & Des1954 from bickering on another thread and now this. I don't kinow who's right but I'm sending both of you to your rooms, right now, and no back talking.

What's going on? I had to step in and keep Devores & Des1954 from bickering on another thread and now this. I don't kinow who's right but I'm sending both of you to your rooms, right now, and no back talking.
I'm just guarding your back. You are a local, after all. :lmao:

Daddy when can I come out of my room?? :lmao:

I want to apologize to everyone for my mean behavior on here. This thread and some comments made struck a nerve with me at a time that was really bad. Even so I shouldn't go off like that, and those of you here who know me (or even just know me online the past year plus) can vouch that I have never 'spoken' this way on the DISboard.

I was not implying that I personally am 'in the know'. I think that an appointed person who happens to like to snoop, should go ask a manager in the daytime when the main office is calm. He should also go talk to the contracted workers to get their opinion or information. I still don't believe anything about moving restaurants, ranches, etc. I have to see to believe. There isn't enough work going on to convince me. maybe just some streetlights are planned (to shine on a new golfcart offroading racetrack)

TCD I have never seen those documents before. They are interesting to look at and denounce the info regarding the marina. My DH was planning on buying 2 of the new homes, but if I can't ride a boat over to the MK, then I don't want to spend $4mil.

Todd, as for your comment "Wow, Sounds like someone decided to wear her green thong panties instead of hanging them on the clothes line. And you might want to check the size, I think they're a bit snug and have wadded up." I could take that 2 ways.....1) I don;t know you so leave me & my undies and my clothesline :laundy: alone, and dont talk about panty sizes to a woman who's not the same size she was 18 months ago (unless you WANT me to beat the *(@) out of you) or I could....2) tell you that these string things
gstring.jpg
don't have enough material to wad up, and if they do, the word commando comes to mind.:scared1: but since I'm married & don't know you we won't discuss undies.

I really am not going to argue with any of you about this stuff anymore, unless someone brings up DVCers attitudes. Obviously my "kate button" (a family term...others call it a beotch button) was pressed on that one and I won't sit by and listen to crud about DVCers looking down on others, not sharing pools, etc. Those are stupid comments.

You'd be surprised how many folks in their campers DO NOT bring their own food.

Yes, at other campgrounds where the purpose of the trip is to enjoy the amenities of the campground and hang around the camper more, it is more common to bring your food and cook.

However, at Disney, it is probably just as common for folks to eat out a lot more than other camping trips.

I have read about LOTS of folks here that get the dining plan. I have also read where lots of folks say, yes they are bringing the camper BUT, this is vacation and they are NOT cooking!!

We also tend to only cook 1 or 2 meals at the campground and eat out most of our meals.

On our last visit we brought only snacks and stuff to make fast meals like sandwiches or something. I'm on vacation too...Not just my family. The last thing I want to do is cook while at Disney!

Hi Folks,

I have been reading this thread and at the least, it has been interesting.
HOWEVER!

I think this rumor has been worn to death....we need a new rumor to chew on!

Anyone have a nice jiucey one to start on?:cool1:

AKK

Hi Folks,

HOWEVER!

AKK

now this is the best post I have read in a VERY long time:thumbsup2

Hi Folks,

HOWEVER!

AKK

I think the people who have been to FW more than 10 times should get their own new loops.

Daddy when can I come out of my room?? :lmao:

I want to apologize to everyone for my mean behavior on here. This thread and some comments made struck a nerve with me at a time that was really bad. Even so I shouldn't go off like that, and those of you here who know me (or even just know me online the past year plus) can vouch that I have never 'spoken' this way on the DISboard.

I was not implying that I personally am 'in the know'. I think that an appointed person who happens to like to snoop, should go ask a manager in the daytime when the main office is calm. He should also go talk to the contracted workers to get their opinion or information. I still don't believe anything about moving restaurants, ranches, etc. I have to see to believe. There isn't enough work going on to convince me. maybe just some streetlights are planned (to shine on a new golfcart offroading racetrack)

TCD I have never seen those documents before. They are interesting to look at and denounce the info regarding the marina. My DH was planning on buying 2 of the new homes, but if I can't ride a boat over to the MK, then I don't want to spend $4mil.

Todd, as for your comment "Wow, Sounds like someone decided to wear her green thong panties instead of hanging them on the clothes line. And you might want to check the size, I think they're a bit snug and have wadded up." I could take that 2 ways.....1) I don;t know you so leave me & my undies and my clothesline :laundy: alone, and dont talk about panty sizes to a woman who's not the same size she was 18 months ago (unless you WANT me to beat the *(@) out of you) or I could....2) tell you that these string things
gstring.jpg
don't have enough material to wad up, and if they do, the word commando comes to mind.:scared1: but since I'm married & don't know you we won't discuss undies.

I really am not going to argue with any of you about this stuff anymore, unless someone brings up DVCers attitudes. Obviously my "kate button" (a family term...others call it a beotch button) was pressed on that one and I won't sit by and listen to crud about DVCers looking down on others, not sharing pools, etc. Those are stupid comments.

Melissa- I don't think an apology is necessary. I figured that the DVC generalizations struck a nerve, and that you had enough.

We're cool.

Hi Folks,

HOWEVER!

AKK

I have to agree.

This rumor will need to be re-visited when someone has some new information to report.

But, until then, we need a new one.

How about this:

I heard that WDW has been trying to figure out how to counter the Harry Potter attraction over at Universal. Also, it is a little known fact that Disney has been trying to figure out a way to capitalize on the whole Twilight/Vampire craze.

So, I heard from a bus driver the other day that Disney has introduced vampire bats in the cabin loops, and that the castmembers are going to dress like vampires and wizards.

I heard they are going to tear down the campfire area and build a haunted mansion there, but instead of ghosts, this one will be inhabited by wizards, vampires and werewolves.

I saw a little red flag over by the shuffleboard court.

So, this must be true.

TCD

No, no, no, those bus drivers never get anything right. Here's the real story. It's umpire and baseball bats not vampires and bats. Disney is building a Baseball field just for the DVC mega project. You heard it here first.
I'm surprised you fell for that unbelievable story TCD.

No, no, no, those bus drivers never get anything right. Here's the real story. It's umpire and baseball bats not vampires and bats. Disney is building a Baseball field just for the DVC mega project. You heard it here first.
I'm surprised you fell for that unbelievable story TCD.

BaseballBat.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter