ABC's of Trip Planning (Oct 10-20), Vol. 2- Z is for: Zippidee Doo Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upload_2016-8-8_22-22-9-png.186928

It's crazy how you have things mapped out to the hour! And you have your budget in there. I might do one for jollies, but Fran is a wild card so there's no knowing what she will do.

Since you have not specified how many kiosks, and I have no idea of what BGM is, I'll say you do all 10 of these.

I'm going to say you do 8 of these.

I'll say 8 on this one as well since we know MSEP won't be happening.

All 7 here.

It's Friday, Friday....

Only 8 more Fridays until a REAL getaway. :D

Replies soon-ish, but crazy busy with all kinds of stuff tomorrow.

Well when you put it that way, I have 9 more Tuesdays until the Tuesday that I leave! And 9 more Wednesdays until we meet IRL!

Pick me; Pick me!!! Real life, schmeal life.

I wish I could real life, schmeal life, but I've been doing that for over two years. It's time to adult up, so I can go back to being a silly kid again.

This. Between work, health issues, kids, etc etc, even a day away makes it difficult! But it will happen. It's on my bucket list!

I completely get life as a young mom. It does get better. Promise!

That'd work. I think I could borrow this cute sundress from Elle, too.
I have the legs to pull it off.

As long as you shave, it's all good.

Just read that today too. Can't believe I wont just have 1 more watch before it goes away.

Sad day. I"m just happy it's not going totally away like... forever. For now. And DLR is pretty close to me.

Make me think of the kids bathroom that needs a redo before mine because it looks like that. :crazy2: and it is leaking into the living room.

Well, THAT can't be good. Certainly makes a mildew/mold problem I'm sure.

Whooooo Hoooooo Hopefully can get FiP info so I can do ours Monday.

Did you get the spreadsheet I sent to Marv? I don't have your e-mail address, or I'd have copied you...

Try jordanyosh, no i :rolleyes:

He actually has both... huh.

Whoa, sounds like one of those deluxe places!

I know! Sadly, though, I couldn't find a place with free cinnamon rolls. Only free Mickey shampoo and soap. I can live with that.

What post # are your top 10 lists again? I think there were a couple other things in some park I saw that are closed or potentially unavailable.

HAHA! Looks like you found them before I had a chance to spend some time here. Was a busy day, and my tailbone, which has been a PITA (literally) for months is really suffering for spending most of the day driving- which REALLY aggravates it. MK, is a bust as the List stands. Thinking of revamping.... LOVE me some big points, ya know. ;)

I just had a huge amount of time open up for me in the next couple days. :banana: I might find some extra DIS time this weekend!

WOOT! So you did some planning on top of DISsing, right?

Well, really, you do have time to redo your top 10 list for MK if you like. I mean, why set yourself up for disappointment? (As if you can't find other things to do at MK... :cutie:)

There are already people griping about having to guess as it is. I won't name any names, @Captain_Oblivious , or anything, but I might set off a personal crisis or something if I switch things up too much. ;)

Great! Looking forward to seeing what you got.

I think you'll be pleased....

I'm going to ask before I get there.
I've been having other issues as well, so I'm going to call.

Good move! Let us know what you find out.

I'm In! Of course, did I mention that my holidays are booked waaaaaay in advance and are not that flexible? Ugh. I currently know that I have the week of April 16 - 22 of 2017 off. In January of 2017 I will know the rest of 2017 holidays. I also have 2 weeks off in February 2017, but that is designated as a mother daughter trip with DD18 who will then be 19. We are shooting for either a last minute deal to Jamaica, or a last minute cruise deal, or a trip that will include a concert by one of her faves, but his touring schedule is not out yet. And of course that budget will influence April. Very nice first world problems to have!

Yes, I'd say you have some very nice things on your horizon! I know it's tough to plan around non-flexible dates in some ways. Tough to get those last minute deals and such.

but Fran is a wild card so there's no knowing what she will do.

That's a tough one. In that case, I guess it's best to be flexible and see how it goes.

Well when you put it that way, I have 9 more Tuesdays until the Tuesday that I leave! And 9 more Wednesdays until we meet IRL!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I wish I could real life, schmeal life, but I've been doing that for over two years. It's time to adult up, so I can go back to being a silly kid again.

Yeah, sometimes that's the way it has to be. First the work, then the play. My own adulting hardcore is over for a while, and I'm planning all kinds of just fun stuff. Because I can.

M is for: Mickey and Minnie Book Pages (con't.)

Wrapping up the series of the Mickey and Minnie Books, AKA Steppe's Planning/Trip Binders, I'll add a few more of the pages I am using. They are neatly cannibalized from the books I used in my last trip almost 6 years ago, because, yes, I'm just that lazy. Well, also because search as I could, I could not for the life of me find new design pages for the dividers. May as well recycle, no? I kept the covers too, but you'll see those in the TR.

With the addition of these last 2 Top 10 Lists, everything you need has now been given to you for THE CONTEST. The last section, is 0-60 points for the Top 10 Lists I'd complete or not. 4 lists for parks and 2 for our resorts. 10 points each for a full completion for each one. Just simply give me a number 0-60 in 10 point increments for that section of the contest. If you haven't guessed at all for any of the Contest, and were waiting for this information, the CONTEST in its entirety is on the 1st page of the TR. The Winner gets an exclusive, all-expense paid vacation to their mailbox for something kinda cool. Runners up might get something too. Just sayin'.

Ok, so the last 2:

upload_2016-8-13_22-44-26.png

Obviously not a Top 10, but a Wanna-do-7.

upload_2016-8-13_22-45-56.png

Yes, a bona fide Top 10. Yes, I've built in some Resort Time. Can we do this??

And now, for the last couple of pages that really matter:

upload_2016-8-13_22-48-4.png

This is the section where my list for DISMeet Gifts goes, and pages like this:

upload_2016-8-13_22-48-57.png

^ MNSSHP party schedule, and V My Shop-Around-the-World ideas (still researching this a bit... )

upload_2016-8-13_22-49-16.png

Also, a place for getting my final numbers in place. I'll wanna know (or maybe I don't) how much this extravaganza ended up costing me.

upload_2016-8-13_22-51-7.png

Lastly, there are 2 sections of mostly blank paper for taking trip notes. My last trip's book/journal section was woefully lacking in adequate amounts of paper to take notes. So, I made a BIG, FAT section this time, so I can regale you with all the in's and out's of the trip. If the guy in the seat next to me on the flight is picking his nose, you'll know about it.

Next up: N is for: No Lack of FiPs!!

N is for: No Lack of FiPs!!

FiP Day went famously! It was a beautiful, beautiful thing to get a good night's rest before a long, stressful day at work, and get an e-mail on the way there from someone who got up extra early to do all the work for me. Disney has made it so that with proper planning, careful attention to how the system works, and a little pre-homework done, anyone can have a really great time with minimal waits for most everything. A few minor sacrifices have to be made (like getting up early while you're there and planning ahead!), but the benefits FAR outweigh those.

One of the simple ways to buy yourself a LOT better trip into the parks is getting Fastpasses. Most of you reading this are thinking that this is a duh, but just in case there is a Newbie just researching and has stumbled upon this Trip Report, getting those FiPs is crucial to keeping out of the long lines for the rides you want to do most. Everyone looks forward to FiP Day as it locks you into a schedule somewhat, but ensures you a ride on your favorites at some point during the day.

Here is what we ended up with, which almost to a T matches what we had asked Brook to snag for us. Just as a side note, the kids and I did go over each day, and looked at the FiP attraction lists and they had input on which ones to get.

Monday- No Parks/No FiPs

Tuesday-
AM- EPCOT
PM- MK/MNSSHP:
Space Mtn.- 3:20
7DMT- 4:25
PoTC- 5:30

Wednesday-
AM- AK
PM- MK
7DMT- 4:15
Enchanted Tales with Belle- 5:20
Jungle Cruise- 6:30

Thursday-
AM- DHS
PM- EPCOT
SE- 3:20
Behind the Seeds Tour- 4:30
M:S- 5:35
Frozen: 7:40

Friday-
AM- AK
Safari- 9:30
Kali- 10:30
Nemo Show- 11:30

Saturday- No Parks

Sunday-
AM- MK
PM- EPCOT
Soarin'- 3:05
Pixar Shorts- 6:00
SE - 7:00

Monday-
AM- AKL Resort Time
PM- AK
EE- 3:55
Prim. Whirl- 5:00 (will be trying to trade this out for Dinosaur)
Safari- 6:00

Tuesday-
AM- DHS
PM- MK
Peter Pan- 2:05
Tea Cups- 3:30
Splash Mtn- 4:40

Wednesday-
AM- MK
7DMT- 9:20
Jungle Cruise- 10:20
Space Mtn- 11:35
PM- EPCOT

With the addition of these last 2 Top 10 Lists, everything you need has now been given to you for THE CONTEST. The last section, is 0-60 points for the Top 10 Lists I'd complete or not. 4 lists for parks and 2 for our resorts. 10 points each for a full completion for each one. Just simply give me a number 0-60 in 10 point increments for that section of the contest. If you haven't guessed at all for any of the Contest, and were waiting for this information, the CONTEST in its entirety is on the 1st page of the TR. The Winner gets an exclusive, all-expense paid vacation to their mailbox for something kinda cool. Runners up might get something too. Just sayin'.

I'm going to say 40 points for this. Just cuz I know already that one list is a no go :sad1: ambitious it is.. ( hey, what happened to the yoda emoji??) but you are a go getter!

Also, a place for getting my final numbers in place. I'll wanna know (or maybe I don't) how much this extravaganza ended up costing me.

:scared1: That's always a scary thought. Budget smudget :laughing:

Here is what we ended up with, which almost to a T matches what we had asked Brook to snag

Nice job on the FiP's! But I think I read Dinosaur may be closed for refurb. Edited to add.. Never mind I think it's supposed to be back open when you're there. :)

Last edited:
Love your binder pages! Congrats on the FP results. My fav Jordyism is the Peeps! I'm trying to come alive after a REALLY LOOONG travel day yesterday that should have been a breeze. Apparently Frontier airlines is the Jet Blue of the West. I will have to go back and dissect your contest!

I will go with 40 points on the top tens.

And my favorites of Jordy were his bathroom ratings and the pics in front of the Chinese restaurant/laundry on Streets of America

I have no clue what I originally guessed for the top 10 lists, and there's no way I'm going back and searching, so I guess I'm stuck with my original guesses! That's ok - I meant it to be an easy one-and-done set of guesses!

Flights and Travel: (80 points available)
10 points for each departure on time (2 Royal Carriage rides)
5 points within 1/2 hour (for each)
5 points for each aisle for me (2 possible)
10 points if we all sit together (each leg)
20 points if I get any sleep (hint, I have Ambien and I'm not afraid to use it)

ADRs: (75 points available)
5 points for each ADR we go to
20 point bonus if we go to all of them (there are 11)

Drinks: (150 points available- this is an ambitious Quest!)
50 points if I get 1 drink from every letter
10 points for each Challenge drink gotten = 60
10 points for each souvie mug I buy (4 is the plan; 2 may be n/a drinks)

Shop Around the World Tour: (85 points available)
5 points for each Pavilion I buy something in
10 point bonus if I buy something from all 11 Pavilions
20 point bonus if each one is under $10

Hidden Mickeys: (50 points available)
1 point for every one I find **and post (up to 50 points available)

Resorts: AoA; AKL (60 points available)
10 points if room ready on arrival (AoA)
10 points if room ready on arrival (AKL)
20 points if upgraded (AoA)
20 points if upgraded (AKL)

Completion of "Top 10 Lists": (60 points available)
*More posts on these to come...
10 points per list if totally completed (4 parks, 2 Resorts)

Transportation: (50 points available)
30 bonus points if no wait is more than 15 minutes per ride during entire trip
20 bonus points if all 5 modes are taken (bus, mono, boat, train, ferry)

Miscellaneous Points: (60 + 26 = 86 points available)
5 points if no one gets any blisters
5 points if no one forgets anything (hint: I am very organized)
5 points if I actually get 1 photo with a character (hint: possibly at MNSSHP)
10 points for the MNSSHP Pentafecta: HM, Parade, Hallowishes, Hocus Pocus Show, 7 Dwarves Photo
5 points if I do something ridiculous at Yeehaw Bob (we'll see who knows me well)
10 points if I get any "Magic" while wearing my Mickey ears, or button, or grad cap
10 points for each pool I actually get in

1 point for every Mystery Photo Location you correctly identify (this portion to be played out during TR!)
Flight & Travel 65
ADR 25
Drinks 150 - anything less is unacceptable
Shop around the world 65
Hidden Mickey 40
Resorts 20
Top Ten 50
Transportation 20
Miscellaneous 45

This year, I wanted to add a hat tip to the fact that we'll be celebrating BIG. So instead of skywriting, which was too expensive, I'm spelling it out like this:
Dang, you're crafty.

No, this isn't something even remotely required to have a great trip. But as with most things, generally you get out of something what you put into it. It adds that special kind of panache to something already extraordinary; that little something that makes a Disney trip just that much more unique and memorable. I will now step out of my geekzone and return you all to the World of Adulting.
It all looks like a nice added touch. Certainly more effort than I'd put into it, but I like it! The guest book thing is a nice touch too!

It didn't take us long to find a good place to stop and see beauty through the lenses. While we see infinite beauty, our pioneer predecessors must have looked ahead at the looming snow-covered behemoths with dread and fear. They could either take another month to reach the fertile valleys and be farmers, or stop where they were and try their hand and ranching. Or risk death and peril and take the Columbia River Route, which would save time, but possibly cost a wagon, animal or human life. Thankful for paved highways and speedy and reliable vehicles, we turned our cameras back West and got a few nice shots.
Beautiful scenery. I enjoyed all of the pictures that you took!

I call this one "All Crapped Out" Can anyone guess why?
I know! I know!

One guy was traveling through to a family reunion from Minnesota, a honeymooning couple, and a blowhard who was a little overly opinionated about which route Mr. Minnesota should take. The next morning we pulled Mr. Minnesota aside and told him in all honesty, he'd better stick with the route we gave him as he was in a Toyota Corolla and un-maintained roads were probably not a good idea in the summer.
So you're saying that your opinion was better than the overly opinionated blowhard's opinion??? :rolleyes1

This is one of the larger sections of the Steppe's Trip Binder or STB. Do you have an STB?
No. No I don't.

I just booked a little mini trip!
Looks like a nice little getaway!

Well, not everyone. Obviously.
Oh thanks for the invite.

I guess this means @Captain_Oblivious , @pkondz and I will just have to have a guys trip and take Dan with us.

Ok, I'm going to play stupid here... what is the i for?

The last thing on this list is a MUST!

I'll wanna know (or maybe I don't)

Definitely don't look at those numbers. They are never fun.

Monday- No Parks/No FiPs

Tuesday-
AM- EPCOT
PM- MK/MNSSHP:
Space Mtn.- 3:20
7DMT- 4:25
PoTC- 5:30

Wednesday-
AM- AK
PM- MK
7DMT- 4:15
Enchanted Tales with Belle- 5:20
Jungle Cruise- 6:30

Thursday-
AM- DHS
PM- EPCOT
SE- 3:20
Behind the Seeds Tour- 4:30
M:S- 5:35
Frozen: 7:40

Friday-
AM- AK
Safari- 9:30
Kali- 10:30
Nemo Show- 11:30

Saturday- No Parks

Sunday-
AM- MK
PM- EPCOT
Soarin'- 3:05
Pixar Shorts- 6:00
SE - 7:00

Monday-
AM- AKL Resort Time
PM- AK
EE- 3:55
Prim. Whirl- 5:00 (will be trying to trade this out for Dinosaur)
Safari- 6:00

Tuesday-
AM- DHS
PM- MK
Peter Pan- 2:05
Tea Cups- 3:30
Splash Mtn- 4:40

Wednesday-
AM- MK
7DMT- 9:20
Jungle Cruise- 10:20
Space Mtn- 11:35
PM- EPCOT

Looking at your FiP's, I just realized how long you're going to be gone for. I also just realized that I need to add you to the 'hate' list i've created recently for anyone going to WDW soon :snooty::snooty::snooty:

ETA: Going back to enter the contest!!! :hyper:

I guess this means @Captain_Oblivious , @pkondz and I will just have to have a guys trip and take Dan with us.

This would, seriously, be one EPIC TR! The shenanigans you guys would get in to - can't even comprehend :faint:

Flights and Travel: (80 points available)
10 points for each departure on time (2 Royal Carriage rides)
5 points within 1/2 hour (for each)
5 points for each aisle for me (2 possible)
10 points if we all sit together (each leg)
20 points if I get any sleep (hint, I have Ambien and I'm not afraid to use it)

ADRs: (75 points available)
5 points for each ADR we go to
20 point bonus if we go to all of them (there are 11)

Drinks: (150 points available- this is an ambitious Quest!)
50 points if I get 1 drink from every letter
10 points for each Challenge drink gotten = 60
10 points for each souvie mug I buy (4 is the plan; 2 may be n/a drinks)

Shop Around the World Tour: (85 points available)
5 points for each Pavilion I buy something in
10 point bonus if I buy something from all 11 Pavilions
20 point bonus if each one is under $10

Hidden Mickeys: (50 points available)
1 point for every one I find **and post (up to 50 points available)

Resorts: AoA; AKL (60 points available)
10 points if room ready on arrival (AoA)
10 points if room ready on arrival (AKL)
20 points if upgraded (AoA)
20 points if upgraded (AKL)

Completion of "Top 10 Lists": (60 points available)
*More posts on these to come...
10 points per list if totally completed (4 parks, 2 Resorts)

Transportation: (50 points available)
30 bonus points if no wait is more than 15 minutes per ride during entire trip
20 bonus points if all 5 modes are taken (bus, mono, boat, train, ferry)

Miscellaneous Points: (60 + 26 = 86 points available)
5 points if no one gets any blisters
5 points if no one forgets anything (hint: I am very organized)
5 points if I actually get 1 photo with a character (hint: possibly at MNSSHP)
10 points for the MNSSHP Pentafecta: HM, Parade, Hallowishes, Hocus Pocus Show, 7 Dwarves Photo
5 points if I do something ridiculous at Yeehaw Bob (we'll see who knows me well)
10 points if I get any "Magic" while wearing my Mickey ears, or button, or grad cap
10 points for each pool I actually get in

Flights and Travel - 60
ADR's - 65
Drinks - 110
Shopping - 60
Hidden Mickeys - 40
Resorts - 40
Top 10 Lists - 50
Transportation - 30
Misc - 55

Ok, I'm going to play stupid here... what is the i for?

OK, since I know that Liesa is a busy gal and now has a day job, and I'm still a bum who sits around all day eating bon bons and DISing, I had the same question and here is her response.

FiP:

The easy, cool, and hip way to refer to Fast Pass Plusses. Seriously who wants to say all of that?!

Remember @jordanyoshi (who sadly must've completely removed his account because his name won't even appear to be taggable now)? He coined that cute little phrase and it just stuck! It rolls off the tongue quite nicely and is, to me, a sweet little euphemism for them. Plus it reminds me of Jordan. I miss him a lot around here. So "FiPs" is one of his many, many legacies.

Savvy? ;)

PS. I'm not really a bum sitting around all day eating bon bons, and in fact a very icky part of my job will be rearing it's head soon.

PS. I'm not really a bum sitting around all day eating bon bons, and in fact a very icky part of my job will be rearing it's head soon.
:thumbsup2 Thanks. Clearly I'm just scrambling to play catch up and skipping the chit chat.

There are already people griping about having to guess as it is. I won't name any names, @Captain_Oblivious , or anything, but I might set off a personal crisis or something if I switch things up too much. ;)

No, I was just totally confused about the contest, because I had it in my mind that you had designed it to be minimal work, submit your guesses and done. So I did. And I thought I was done. I can't even remember what I guessed. Then I read I had to go back and submit more guesses and was like, huh?:confused3 So now after reading this chapter I'm thinking I just needed to add my guesses for the last two lists. Either that or I completely missed something and have no shot. Which is usually where I end up anyway.

What was I talking about again?

Top Ten Lists: 50 points. So does that wrap me up?

I'll wanna know (or maybe I don't) how much this extravaganza ended up costing me.

No. You don't want to know. Just hand over the credit card and walk away.

If the guy in the seat next to me on the flight is picking his nose, you'll know about it.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

FiP Day went famously!

Hooray!:woohoo:

Disney has made it so that with proper planning, careful attention to how the system works, and a little pre-homework done, anyone can have a really great time with minimal waits for most everything.

Not always. If the park is very crowded, you'll get to do 3 and exactly 3 rides with minimal waits.

Now you're talking! I like the cut of your jib.

Did you get the spreadsheet I sent to Marv? I don't have your e-mail address, or I'd have copied you...
Well of course she did! :rolleyes:

She got quite a few this morning. Some days she only snagged a couple, but they seem to synch up with yours. :thumbsup2Made sure to at least grab one for Frozen Ever After and the new Soarin' :goodvibes although it appears the new tiering makes it a pain unless you want to do the same things over and over, which isn't a priority this trip.

When you get a chance check MDE......you should be able to see them.::yes::

I'm going to say 40 points for this. Just cuz I know already that one list is a no go :sad1: ambitious it is.. ( hey, what happened to the yoda emoji??) but you are a go getter!

I've got your guesses changed from 60 points for The Lists to 40. :) Thanks for playing!
:scared1: That's always a scary thought. Budget smudget :laughing:

It is scary! And it's hard to know how many "hidden costs" there are that I've spent: Halloween costumes, camera gear, etc... But it's good to have a ballpark figure. If for nothing else having a complete TR.

Nice job on the FiP's! But I think I read Dinosaur may be closed for refurb. Edited to add.. Never mind I think it's supposed to be back open when you're there. :)

I had heard that too, but Brook is thinking it'll be open by our trip? She's watching for a FiP just in case. I about died when I was reminded BTMRR is closed. And MSEP is leaving, and Jungle Book Show is closing... So. Many. Things!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter