Account Deactivated message on all Disney Log-ins

MDE still working for me. Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ are not. I finally got through to a live person on a chat without having to wait for an hour or more. He put me on hold a few times. I didn't like the response a whole lot. But it is what it is. 48-72 hours and if not working. Cancel and resubscribe.

John.jpg

Last edited:
Everything appears to be working again for me - though I had to sign out and sign back in a couple of times to get ESPN+ to work - which was annoying since I was trying to watch a college baseball game. But it's all working now, thankfully.

MDE still working for me. Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ are not. I finally got through to a live person on a chat without having to wait for an hour or more. He put me on hold a few times. I didn't like the response a whole lot. But it is what it is. 48-72 hours and if not working. Cancel and resubscribe.

View attachment 745459
I can't read your attachment, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this (being told to cancel and resubscribe).

Some people might have taken advantage of a special deal to subscribe to Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ at a discount. If they have to cancel and resubscribe, won't they have to pay the current rate -- meaning they would have to pay more money because Disney can't figure out how to fix its IT glitch?

I personally would not cancel and resubscribe without calling again and speaking to a different person on the phone.

I don't think "it is what it is" applies to Disney, because there are times when you can hang up the phone, call right back and speak to someone else, and get a completely different story.

Last edited:

View attachment 745459
I actually haven’t tried Disney+ yet. But no way would I cancel and resubscribe- i’m
still on the three years prepaid plus a free year with Verizon. That would then be all
messed up.

So just tried for my Disney+ and still getting the under-18 message. So two of three are still down. MDE is still working.

Last edited:
I can't read your attachment, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this (being told to cancel and resubscribe).

Some people might have taken advantage of a special deal to subscribe to Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ at a discount. If they have to cancel and resubscribe, won't they have to pay the current rate -- meaning they would have to pay more money because Disney can't figure out how to fix its IT glitch?

I personally would not cancel and resubscribe without calling again and speaking to a different person on the phone.

I don't think "it is what it is" applies to Disney, because there are times when you can hang up the phone, call right back and speak to someone else, and get a completely different story.
The chat basically admitted that it was on their end. Told me to give it 48-72 hours and that my account was flagged as one of the ones with the issue, and if not back up by then, to call, cancel and resubscribe. In other words....we don't care.

So just tried Disney+ it's still a no-go. Hulu is a no-go, but Espn+ is working!

Last edited:
I can sign in; however, I cannot check availability for a reservation that we may want to make in the future. Is that an issue anyone else is having?

I can sign in; however, I cannot check availability for a reservation that we may want to make in the future. Is that an issue anyone else is having?
What error are you getting when looking at availability? That sounds like a different problem.

The chat basically admitted that it was on their end. Told me to give it 48-72 hours and that my account was flagged as one of the ones with the issue, and if not back up by then, to call, cancel and resubscribe. In other words....we don't care.
Well, in other words... the person with whom you chatted doesn't seem to care. The advice that person gave you is not necessarily the advice that other people are receiving.

There was a really interesting article about how some of the people answering the phone for companies, including Disney, are independent contractors working through a particular company. They aren't Disney employees and they don't necessarily get good training. I don't know if the people doing the Chat are Disney employees or if some of them also are independent contractors. Here is a link to the article; I don't know if the Disboards filter will X it out.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ney-and-airbnb-who-have-to-pay-to-talk-to-you

What error are you getting when looking at availability? That sounds like a different problem.
Since the issue began and I could sign in again it’s done one of two things. It’s either started to search and then taken me back to the sign in page in an endless loop. Or for the last two days or so it’s just had a spinning circle that never ends. I also received a notice I cancelled another Disney product unrelated to this issue which prompted me to change my passwords but that doesn’t account for the continual spinning and inability to search. I don’t think they have fixed all of their issues with this yet, or I really have an issue I need to bring to their attention.

I always laugh when any type of help desk/customer service tells you to try again in 24-48 hrs then call back if still not working. That is really their way of saying they have no idea how to revolve your issue and just want to push you off on someone else. They hope when you call back in a few days someone else will answer the phone.............LOL.

Since the issue began and I could sign in again it’s done one of two things. It’s either started to search and then taken me back to the sign in page in an endless loop. Or for the last two days or so it’s just had a spinning circle that never ends. I also received a notice I cancelled another Disney product unrelated to this issue which prompted me to change my passwords but that doesn’t account for the continual spinning and inability to search. I don’t think they have fixed all of their issues with this yet, or I really have an issue I need to bring to their attention.
I'd suggest trying an incognito window. If that works then it has to do w/the cookies and cache in your browser. If it doesn't work I'd called MS at DVC.

I always laugh when any type of help desk/customer service tells you to try again in 24-48 hrs then call back if still not working. That is really their way of saying they have no idea how to revolve your issue and just want to push you off on someone else. They hope when you call back in a few days someone else will answer the phone.............LOL.
Absolutely ,what a shame. Just admit I'll get help and find your solution.

I'd suggest trying an incognito window. If that works then it has to do w/the cookies and cache in your browser. If it doesn't work I'd called MS at DVC.
I did do this, it’s quite odd. Doesn’t work on safari or chrome, took absolutely forever on the Microsoft search engine. But it did eventually come up. Just checked again and still doesn’t work on safari. Cleared everything, and tried incognito as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter