Adding day to Canadian tickets

Chiming in here that we are in much the same boat and, unless something changes with the tickets, we have decided that we will do some non-Dis park activities instead. As others have mentioned, this is not a one and done trip for us, so we will have 5 days at parks over the course of 2 weeks, then be spending some time likely at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, etc (we are staying off site and renting a car) and if I am desperately in need of some more Disney in my life, I think we will go to Disney Springs, or have another character meal at a resort (loved Ohana breakfast, also eager to try family dinner there, have heard great things about 1-900-Park Fare, etc.) and maybe do a bit of resort hopping on a down day. We still get monorail and can explore at a low-key pace.

It would be great to have the flexibility to be able to add an extra day pretty cheaply as we did a couple of years ago to go to MK for dinner and a few rides, but this is the reality right now, so we are finding ways to make it work for our family and ensure we have the magical trip we are all hoping for!!

Can I ask, we are going to Disneyland at the end of Sept and have the discounted tickets, 4 days, one park a day. I wanted to upgrade to a park hopper when we got there. Any idea how much this may cost? Thanks for any help.

Can I ask, we are going to Disneyland at the end of Sept and have the discounted tickets, 4 days, one park a day. I wanted to upgrade to a park hopper when we got there. Any idea how much this may cost? Thanks for any help.
First things first, :welcome:to the DISboards! I'm going to *assume* you meant to ask about DisneyWORLD and give my answer based on that .

A 4 day base ticket with the CDN discount for Disney World (good for one park per day) had a dollar value of $244.00 US
To upgrade to park hoppers you will take the current price of a 4 day ticket with the hopper option $425.00 and deduct what you have already paid ... meaning to add the ability to hop between parks will cost you (hope you're sitting down!) $181 per ticket. No way that it is worth that much in my opinion to be able to go from one park to another. You will only be credited the amount you paid when you purchased those tickets.

Personally i don't think it is worth moving between parks for most people. If you can tell us what your reasoning is for wanting to hop someone might be able to offer suggestions. For example if you think you'll want to spend more time in the Magic Kingdom you can attend one of the Halloween Parties (first one was Friday night and they continue until end of October on certain nights) -- there is one on the 29th of September and tickets cost $88.00 for that. You get to enter the park at 4-ish and stay till midnight, there are special character meet & greets, special fireworks & parade and trick or treating. Plus the crowds are limited to the number of tickets sold.

I did the same as the OP, I added an extra day from a 6 day pass to a 7 day pass. We may or may not use that 7th day but it didn't cost much extra to do it at the time. Now I do wish we had the PH but really, I usually find that I only want to hop one or two of the days anyhow.

So the discounted tickets are over I guess?
I have 4 days with hoppers booked last May for this November. I Was thinking of cancelling the hoppers and adding an extra ticket now in September before the trip.
Will I be paying $300 (3 tickets)

Did you book your tickets May 2016 or May 2017? If May 2017 before May 20th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter