Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am looking to see how many miles I would roughly need for Universal passes for a future trip. It is only showing me how much in dollar amounts, not Dream miles. Am I on the wrong page?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize I had to go through to the cart to see the Dreams miles amount. It's been so long since I bought anything with my miles LOL

Last edited:
I am looking to see how many miles I would roughly need for Universal passes for a future trip. It is only showing me how much in dollar amounts, not Dream miles. Am I on the wrong page?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize I had to go through to the cart to see the Dreams miles amount. It's been so long since I bought anything with my miles LOL
I feel like that's a glitch... I'm sure we used to be able to see the price without doing that before!

Hi. Would anyone be able to outline the process with the personal shopper for event tickets? I accepted the quote, the miles have been deducted today and I got a congratulations email. So just wondering what the next step is. Another email with ticket links?
I've been away from my saved email so I couldn't shared my exact experiences with you - I've had great ones and a few hair- pulling ones, so I'm well versed in what should happen.

I do know that you will get an email that comes from Disney with a code to enter into your account, have you received that email yet?

Taxes and fees come back to the method of payment. It takes a few days longer than the return of AM. In 2022 they kept their (AM) service fee $15 but I'm not sure they do that anymore.
Oh sorry. I should have been more clear with my question.

When I went to the cart, it said Price Includes Accommodations + $265 taxes and fees.
So does this mean I need to pay $265 in addition to the air miles? Or are they saying a $265 value for taxes and fees are included in the amount of air miles required?

Oh sorry. I should have been more clear with my question.

When I went to the cart, it said Price Includes Accommodations + $265 taxes and fees.
So does this mean I need to pay $265 in addition to the air miles? Or are they saying a $265 value for taxes and fees are included in the amount of air miles required?
I just went through that. You will be paying the $265. It’s the same as it always was but now the wording makes it look like it’s being paid in the form of miles when it is not.

Make sure you’ve read all the fine print. If the hotel charges for parking or a resort fee you will have to pay that directly to the hotel. It’s not part of the ‘ fees’ that are in the $265.

I've been away from my saved email so I couldn't shared my exact experiences with you - I've had great ones and a few hair- pulling ones, so I'm well versed in what should happen.

I do know that you will get an email that comes from Disney with a code to enter into your account, have you received that email yet?
Nope, not so far.

so far this is only showing in the Shell app, I'm assuming that's because it's for Shell go members 🤷‍♀️
Basic info - opt in and then for 4 days you will earn 40x the BASE miles on fuel ONLY . So, 20l of regular will get you 40 instead of 1. Screen shot of both offer and terms

Screenshot_20240108_074259_Shell.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_074335_Shell.jpg

Last edited:

Still nothing from Disney. At what point should I be worried?
Transaction approved by me Thursday, congrats on your transaction email received Friday at 10:16 AM and air miles were indeed showing deducted after that. Since then nothing from airmiles or personal shopper or Disney. I figured the weekend would be silent but today was a full business day.

Still nothing from Disney. At what point should I be worried?
Transaction approved by me Thursday, congrats on your transaction email received Friday at 10:16 AM and air miles were indeed showing deducted after that. Since then nothing from airmiles or personal shopper or Disney. I figured the weekend would be silent but today was a full business day.
The way I dealt with the delay last time I used them to get my annual pass I sent a reply to the congrats email asking where things stood because it followed almost the same timeline you've experienced. I would reach out again, keep the email short but give details you outlined above. Ask if they're needing additional information, at some point they'll want to know the names of the people the tickets will be assigned to and they also wanted our birthdates, guess to confirm they got connected to the correct person 🤔

@KandyM when I got a ticket through personal shopper it came the same day. But when I tried to get SeaWorld tickets, the price changed after I said "ok" and after two weeks they said I could pay more, continue to wait or get a refund. So I'd say maybe check to see if the price of the event has changed, or sold out? Or perhaps the exchange rate has drastically changed? It's kind of soured me on the personal shopper, it just took too long to get the quote and by then things had changed. Any way. Hopefully it works well for you. I did get an email from Airmiles, with the Disney information in it for that ticket, and it was easy to link (and we used it in December with no issues).

For some reason airmiles keeps taking things back, just little bits, I'm not sure why as I don't think i returned anything. I plan to use what I have towards Universal, probably either towards a Deluxe for one night or the Adventura for the other nights. Funny, 4 nights at Adventura is only $400 more than one night at the Deluxe. But of course once you take into account the express pass for two days it becomes a better deal. I will end up changing hotels a few times, which is a bit annoying, but we'll survive. Two nights at SeaWorld hotel, we arrive quite late and I have a good rate booked, then one night at a Deluxe, then 4 nights at Adventura. I want to order something and have the robot deliver it. I don't even care what at this point lol, just looks like fun :D

I am not sure how to pack for this lol, I don't want to unpack 3 times. I expect we'll Uber to Universal fairly early to check in and leave the bags with bell services, or whatever it's called there, and not really spend a lot of time at that hotel, one night only. Depending on the park hours when we are there I guess. Best deal for the tickets is still the UK prices, I got them adult at kid prices, and for a whole week, all 3 parks, it's cheaper than even the buy 2 days get 2 days deal on now. After two days with the express passes, we will go to the water park, and then have 2 days without the express pass and I hope it will be ok, I want to do all the Harry Potter spells and things, and probably a few rides through the long waits I expect for March Break. I did decide not to do the Aquatica waterpark, I think Volcano Bay will be enough for me. I still wish we were doing even a day at Disney instead of SeaWorld but I'll survive. I hope. Those coasters look big. Last trip for awhile I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter